SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITED SIOUX RECRUITS - 2009-10 Updates, Stats and News

AZSIOUX

This will most likely come off sounding cruel, but I have to wonder if Fink doesn't make some strides this year if they will ask him to defer or drop his scholarship all together. I know he joined the USHL rather young, but he is in his 3rd season there now and although its early, he doesn't look like he has progressed much from last year. He committed very early and just hasn't seemed to develop much. With the full house over the next year or two, does UND have to make some tough decisions about delaying or cutting recruits??

Heh. I can see it now:

Hakstol throws recruit down the river.

It would be Hak's first. Certainly not uncommon in CCHA (I believe Michigan State is the leading contender in doing stuff like this). UW was the latest school to do that (that goaltender that switched committments to UMD).

I have to wonder about Fink too, but hey.... maybe he's the next Scott Foyt.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schlossman has him listed as a 2010 recruit, but he could be wrong. He also has Forbort as a 10/11:

Danny Mattson, F, 10

Derek Rodwell, F, 10

Nick Mattson, D, 10

Derek Forbort, D, 10/11

Mike Fink, F, 10/11

Colten St. Clair, F, 10/11

Michael Parks, F, 11

Brendan O'Donnell, F, 11

Brock Nelson, F, 11

Zane Gothberg, G, 11/12

I figured those 3 are for sures because of our 3 senior departures

USHL update

danny mattson had a goal and assist in a game this past weekend for omaha in the ushl. he has a 2-2=4 on the season in 7gp, +4 with 6 shots as well

fink with 3a in 8gp so far with des moines, -5 with 11 shots as well

parks is 1-4=5 in 8gp, +3 with 16 shots

st clair is 1-2=3 in 7gp, 23 shots and even in +/-

nick mattson even on year in +/-. 0 points through 8gp

AJHL update

rodwell 6-5=11 in 12gp, 8pim

USU18

forbort 5a in 12gp. 12pim

MJHL

odonnell 18gp, 8-4=12 and 16pim

Forbort will definitely be a '10 recruit. Nelson is interesting because they may have to move him up to 2010 too if he ends up getting drafted high enough, and that probably takes a spot away from someone else.

I don't think draft position will matter as much as fit. Remember Kristo as a second rounder went to the USHL.

Yeah, they're talking about Forbort. He's currently ranked #9 in the Red Line Report draft projection.

that corrrect, nick mattson and nelson look like 2nd rounders. then parks, danny mattson and gothberg. could be a very busy rounds 1-4/5 for future sioux players

Anyone have any info on injuries to UND's recruit? Looking at the USHL scores last night St. Clair, Nick Mattson, and Parks were all out of the lineups for the respective teams. Any info??
St.Clair is at the World Junior A challenge in Summerside,Prince Edward Island until Nov.8.

Update on Derek Rodwell. After missing the first five games of the season and not being selected to Canada West WJAC team, he's settling in and averaging almost a point a game. 7 goals and 5 helpers in 13 games, including a goal and fight in Oilers 4-3 win over Calgary Canucks on Friday. His fight was against Canucks tough guy Brett McCullough

AltaSioux, thanks for the update on the AJHL guys. It's nice to hear from someone who sees them play.

How did he fare in this set-to?

Didn't see the game but have seen McCullough fight over the last two seasons so know that Derek would have been game to take him on. I'm attaching a link to a story on the game from Oilers website.

http://www.okotoksoilers.com/NewsView.aspx?ArticleID=84