SiouxSports.com Forum

"Spring Thaw" Tournament

bincitysioux

Assuming that "seeding" for this tournament will be based on the results of head-to-head play amongst the participants, I'd guess the opening day matchups will look like this:

#1 Seattle vs. #4 SIU-Edwardsville

#2 South Dakota vs. #3 North Dakota

Head To Head Records

Seattle: 5-1

South Dakota: 3-3

North Dakota: 3-3

SIU-Edwardsville: 1-5

I don't know if this is how they'll do it or not, but I'd love to see a repeat of last year's NCC tournament where we surprise the Yotes in a third meeting after getting smoked twice in the regular season.

Great win by the men. I really wish the people who go to the womens game would stay for the mens as well. I really hate to see people getting up and leaving in between games. If you are already there, you might as well stay and support the UND men too. Makes me cringe sometimes.

Great win, guys.

Great win by the men. I really wish the people who go to the womens game would stay for the mens as well. I really hate to see people getting up and leaving in between games. If you are already there, you might as well stay and support the UND men too. Makes me cringe sometimes.

Great win, guys.

I agree, although last night I suspect people leaving had more to do with wanting to watch the hockey game on tv rather than just disinterest in the men's team. Hopefully we won't see many leave after the women's game tonight.

Thought Wes Porter's blog entry was outstanding. Imagine when DI-recruited players have been playing in the Princeton offense for three-five years.

My freshmen year of basketball in 2005-06, we were lousy. I learned so much about college athletics as well as made some of my closest friends. Like I mentioned, we were not very good, but we sure had a great time playing together. The following year Coach Jones was hired and things slowly began to change.

My sophomore year, we were still lousy, but making strides of becoming average. We had a new cast of players as well as coaches and it was obvious that it would take some time before the new philosophies could take hold. It would be another year of taking our lumps, but everyone in the program could feel that we were headed in the right direction.

We really began to improve by my junior year and the program began to take shape with each player now becoming more accountable for their actions. This was the season the guys began to buy in to what the coaches were selling. We finished the year one win short of the DII National Tournament due to a great run through the last four games of the year and the 2008 NCC Tournament.

Going through the rough times that we experienced in the previous years made this stretch run that much sweeter. There is something satisfying about seeing all the hard work and dedication come to fruition, especially after failing time and time again. I will never forget playing with my teammates during the closing weeks of my junior season.

BTW, after a bad start and very young players, Denver's Princeton Offense is starting to click, too.