SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Recruiting

UND Fan

Updated list of UND offers:

Marcus Trotter Milwaukee Marquette 6'1", 220, LB Has offers from UNI, Indiana, IL State, Wofford

Michael Trotter Milwaukee Marquette 6'0", 200, DB Committed to Badgers

Matt Eggen La Crosse 6'5", 290, OL Committed to Gophers

Cameron Botticelli Milwaukee Marquette 6'5", 238, LB/DE Committed to IL State

Kyle Costigan Muskego, WS 6'5", 250, OL/DE Has offers from USD, IL State, UNI, SIU, NDSU, NIU

Grant Olson Wayzata 6'2", 220, LB Has offer from NDSU, Army, WY

Bryce Dietz Lincoln, NE 6'5", 285, OT Committed to Ohio

Yusef Wade Lincoln, NE 5'11", 175, CB No other known offers

Ryan Smith Wahpeton 5'7", 163, RB Committed to NDSU

Trey Demler Oshkosh, WS 6'1", 183, QB Committed to UND

Sam Cunningham Hudson, WS 6'5", 300, OL Has offer from SIU, E MI

Billy Turner Arden Hills, MN 6'5", 270, OL Committed to NDSU

Max Busher Rosemount, MN 6'1", 215, LB Has offer from NDSU

Jesse Hinz Beatrice, NE 6'4", 280, OL Committed to NDSU

Trevor Gebhart Sioux Falls Wash. 6'2", 180, WR Committed to NDSU

Tracy Clark Pittsburg (CA) 5'10", 175, CB Committed to Wash St.

Jeremy Gordon Milw. Riverside 6'1", 220, DE No other known offers

Eric Oertel Racine Lutheran 6-2, 198, RB-LB Committed to Wash St

Ekenna Anya-Gafu Sacramento, CA 6'3" 230 LB/DE Committed to UND

Chad Gilson Urbandale, IA 6'1, 215, RB-LB Offers from E IL, NDSU, UNI

Aaron Esala Ashland, WS 6'4", 305 OL Offers from NDSU, USD, St. Cloud, Winona, UMD

Feel free to update with any new info.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln Star-Journal: Marsh, Longacre wreaked havoc

For Bronson Marsh, it was mostly clear sailing this year.

The quarterback guided the Millard South football team to a wire-to-wire journey atop the Class A ratings, culminating in a state title victory against Millard West and the 11-man career passing record.

"The only pressure I put on myself was to get the team ready. If we worked as a team, I knew it would come," Marsh said. "This was fun. I love having the ball in my hand. I love throwing the ball and running with the ball." ...

"Bronson is a leader and a great role model. He models what he wants other to do, not just talks about it," said Millard South coach Andy Means. "And the kids respect that and they respond to that and to him.

"He read defenses better and better. He has a nice, crisp ball and just knows where to throw it and with the right touch." ...

Marsh, the Gatorade player of the year for Nebraska, said Northern Iowa, North Dakota, UNO and Minnesota State have shown interest.

"If I get an opportunity to go D-1, I will, and if I don't, I'll find the place that fits me best."

For Matt Longacre, the voyage nearly didn't get started, but the Millard West lineman wasn't about to let an early concussion keep him from playing his senior year.

That was bad news for Millard West opponents. Longacre made life difficult for offenses, in general, and for quarterbacks, specifically. Roaming the trenches, he disrupted the offense and forced offensive coordinators to account for him.

"I got after people, no matter if they were way bigger or smaller than me," the 6-foot-2, 235-pounder said. "I never let up, because if I do, someone could get through the gap I'm responsible for. I take every play like it's my last."

Longacre, who will have to drop a few pounds to wrestle at 215 this winter, plans to play college football. He saidNorth Dakota, UNO, Augustana and Northwest Missouri are interested.

Marcus Trotter Milwaukee Marquette 6'1", 220, LB Has offers from UNI, Indiana, IL State, Wofford

Cameron Botticelli Milwaukee Marquette 6'5", 238, LB/DE To walk-on at UW

Kyle Costigan Muskego, WS 6'5", 250, OL/DE Has offers from USD, IL State, UNI, SIU, NDSU, NIU

Aaron Esala Ashland, WS 6'4", 305 OL Offers from NDSU, USD, St. Cloud, Winona, UMD

Zach Vraa, Rosemount, MN 6'3", 200 WR Has offer from NDSU

Zach Vraa Offer

Offer to Minnesota Mr. Football Zach Vraa. We could definately use the help at receiver. We'll see if this award gets him a little more recognition and a few more offers.

Surprising that Vraa would win Mr. Football over Henderson, the No. 1 college prospect in the country! That being said, I would love to see Vraa playing for the Sioux!

Surprising that Vraa would win Mr. Football over Henderson, the No. 1 college prospect in the country! That being said, I would love to see Vraa playing for the Sioux!

It could depend on the criteria. If they look at other factors, like academics or involvement in the community or something else, those things could push someone above the No. 1 college prospect.

Cameron Botticelli Milwaukee Marquette 6'5", 238, LB/DE Committed to IL State

Never listed as an offer but previously on our "interest" list, Justin Sinz of Edgar, WI, apparently has verballed to Purdue, per Marvin Lee at WSN. Apparently that makes 15 Wisconsin FB players going Big Ten. On the "Don't Count Your Chickens" front, I believe Marvin also reported recently that LB Cameron Botticelli has dropped his verbal "commitment" to Ill. State in favor of a walk-on invite from Wisconsin.

I presume this could be a big weekend for player visits at UND. Info?

Never listed as an offer but previously on our "interest" list, Justin Sinz of Edgar, WI, apparently has verballed to Purdue, per Marvin Lee at WSN. Apparently that makes 15 Wisconsin FB players going Big Ten. On the "Don't Count Your Chickens" front, I believe Marvin also reported recently that LB Cameron Botticelli has dropped his verbal "commitment" to Ill. State in favor of a walk-on invite from Wisconsin.

I presume this could be a big weekend for player visits at UND. Info?

You are correct - I forgot to date that. I edited my pst above. Thx

I agree - there will likely be recruits in town this weekend! I hope the weather is decent for two reasons: 1) there have been times when kids have not been able to get to GF due to weather problems and we weren't able to reschedule them. Bottom line - we didn't get the opportunity to sign these kids. 2) For recruits coming from warmer climates or even other parts of the plains where the winters aren't quite as harsh, we sure don't need below zero temps or a snowstorm happening while they are in town - not a good first impression!

YOUR MESSAGE BOARD SAYS

"Rivals is reporting UND has interest in the following recruits (not previously listed).

OL Boen Anderson Wahpeton, North DakotaNorth Dakota State College of Science 6'3" 290 5.1"

________________________________________________________________________________

_

COMMITTED TO NDSU. they said NDSU and Southern Illinois for offers, nothing on UND, so once again, rivals confuses NDSU with the naia und.

carry on. and i'd appreciate you people would quit PMing me on here, cuz then I have to click on it and end up on your site, argh. thank you, see you in 2212.

YOUR MESSAGE BOARD SAYS

"Rivals is reporting UND has interest in the following recruits (not previously listed).

OL Boen Anderson Wahpeton, North DakotaNorth Dakota State College of Science 6'3" 290 5.1"

________________________________________________________________________________

_

COMMITTED TO NDSU. they said NDSU and Southern Illinois for offers, nothing on UND, so once again, rivals confuses NDSU with the naia und.

carry on. and i'd appreciate you people would quit PMing me on here, cuz then I have to click on it and end up on your site, argh. thank you, see you in 2212.

Is that a promise - that we won't hear from you again until 2212? If so, we thank you very much!!!

YOUR MESSAGE BOARD SAYS

_

Actually lakes it says Southern Illinois was taking interest in the forum no offer mentioned. That is directly from his coach. Nothing about any other offers other than NDSU. Thanks for the update though and hopefully we don't hear from you again until 2212. Take care.

Two more verbal commitments. RB Jake Miller from Bismarck High and RB Baylee Carr from Hazen have apparently, according to a couple sources out West, both committed to the Sioux! Always good to get some in state talent. :glare:

Agree, like in-state talent.

Problem is I have seen both these kids play and don't think they are Div 1 players.

div II yes..not div 1

Agree, like in-state talent.

Problem is I have seen both these kids play and don't think they are Div 1 players.

div II yes..not div 1

I have seen Miller play and an arguement could be made for him. Has good speed, not great but has great vision and is a pretty smooth player. Don't know if he'll be a back but he is a very good athlete and there is always room for them. He was probably the 2nd best RB I saw this year in North Dakota and was very close to the young man from Whap. in my mind. Miller just isn't as fast.

Don't know much about Carr. I do remember reading an article about him though that about halfway through the year he was averaging over 15 yards a carry. That is impressive. Either way its good to get some local talent. We've had pretty good luck with North Dakota kids in the past and hopefully these guys continue that. Welcome to UND guys.

I assume the two commitments of ND kids are firm:

Cameron Botticelli Milwaukee Marquette 6'5", 238, LB/DE To walk-on at UW

Zach Vraa, Rosemount, MN 6'3", 200 WR Has offer from NDSU

Jake Miller, Bismarck, ND 5'11", 165 RB Committed to UND

Baylee Carr, Hazen, ND 5'10", 175 RB Committed to UND

I have seen Miller play and an arguement could be made for him. Has good speed, not great but has great vision and is a pretty smooth player. Don't know if he'll be a back but he is a very good athlete and there is always room for them. He was probably the 2nd best RB I saw this year in North Dakota and was very close to the young man from Whap. in my mind. Miller just isn't as fast.

Don't know much about Carr. I do remember reading an article about him though that about halfway through the year he was averaging over 15 yards a carry. That is impressive. Either way its good to get some local talent. We've had pretty good luck with North Dakota kids in the past and hopefully these guys continue that. Welcome to UND guys.

I think the Miller kid is a DI athlete. His size scares me but there may be a place like corner or slot receiver where he'll make a difference down the road. Too good an athlete to not give him a shot.

and i'd appreciate you people would quit PMing me on here, cuz then I have to click on it and end up on your site, argh. thank you, see you in 2212.

My Controls > Email Settings > Uncheck Send a notification email when I receive a new private message

You'll only see PMs when you choose to visit the forum.

Now he can be a moron on two different user accounts.

:glare: Not sure what your talking about...but I am a little tired of putting up with avg recruiting in all sports(besides hockey) and acting like everything is A OK

Miller is no way fast enough to play at this level in my opinion...

Trey Demler is an excellent recruit!!!! We need more like that...

There was one RB recruit from NDak this year..unfortunatley we didn't get him.

Sorry if the truth hurts and I'm negative.

But I for one am sick of the avg coaching and recruiting in my fav two sports...

:glare: Not sure what your talking about...but I am a little tired of putting up with avg recruiting in all sports(besides hockey) and acting like everything is A OK

Miller is no way fast enough to play at this level in my opinion...

Trey Demler is an excellent recruit!!!! We need more like that...

There was one RB recruit from NDak this year..unfortunatley we didn't get him.

Sorry if the truth hurts and I'm negative.

But I for one am sick of the avg coaching and recruiting in my fav two sports...

OK, thanks for your opinion. We all now know how you stand and appreciate the interest.

I for one am very happy to have both of them as I have heard nothing but good things. We need depth at the skill positions and they provide that.

I wonder how many of SDSU's football playoff roster guys we're tagged as "not quite DI material" when they were brought in.

Performance matters.

Totally agree. But we have a lot more to offer than SDSU in school, town, facilities.

To be the size of Miller you'd better be blazing fast at this level and from what I've witnessed he doesn't possess that type of speed.

Of course both of these might be partial scholarships and that is a bit different.

I just don't want us to offer kids because they are from N.Dak. I want to offer kids that can help us get to a level we can compete for a national championship.

Sorry for the negativity. I have just been very frustrated with what I have seen out of my two fav. sports..mens BB and football....

Two more verbal commitments. RB Jake Miller from Bismarck High and RB Baylee Carr from Hazen have apparently, according to a couple sources out West, both committed to the Sioux! Always good to get some in state talent. :glare:

Is there a link? I looked on the Herald & Bismarck Tribune & didn't see anything. What is the "source"?