SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Pioneers

siouxnami

I think Dumbver will be out for trouble tonight even if the officials do their job. After watching the game again I think Dumbver was going to start something no matter what the officials did.

On the other hand, they should have given Testweed (sic) the spearing penalty and had him sitting out tonight.

Wouldn't it be funny to see Testicleweed get beat up for the 2nd year in a row in GF?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blood made mistakes but he wasnt that bad. hes hasnt played in 3 weeks and had to shed some rust off ??? hak said jones should be playing tonight but it was nice to see blood out there.

I thought he did ok for not playing for a while. I say give him another chance next week.

Wouldn't it be funny to see Testicleweed get beat up for the 2nd year in a row in GF?

it was vossberg who radke pummeled. not testwuide. radke and testwuide tangled earlier trhat game but it was vossberg who ended up dancing with radke - and vossberg was the same toolbox who grabbed finley while on the bench last night as he wasnt even on the ice. thats should be a auto suspension as you cant get involved from the bench. maybe gwozman should check into that in his code of ethics book he loves to use ???

I thought Blood played very well last night. I honestly like him in the lineup better than LaPoint. It seems like LaPoint is often hesitant with the puck in the defensive zone. I think Blood is lacking some footspeed, but he is a solid d-man. He seems to make good decisions with the puck. Once he gains a little quickness, he will be a very important player for UND.

That said I like Jones in the lineup. He's stronger and faster, and you don't like to have one of your captains in the stands.

I like UND to win tonight...I'll say 5-3 with an empty net goal.

wow, now this is what i call balance scoring. very nice and very deep. 15 double digit point guys with fins almost there after that great 4 point night last night. 8 different goal scorers with 4 lines rolling

stats

BE leading nation in minutes. hell of a job by brad and how hes grown so fast this season and piling the wins up. get him 3 or more and he will hold it down ???

nation stats

Denver was frustrated last night and likely embarrassed all day today. They are a good team with pride and I expect they will be well focused tonite. Sioux better be ready from the get go. Fortunately, the Sioux have done a pretty good job of starting well lately.

I think tonite will be a close one, and a physical war. Not necessarily fighting, just hard, physical hockey.

I thought Blood played very well last night.

That said I like Jones in the lineup. He's stronger and faster, and you don't like to have one of your captains in the stands.

Thought Blood was our weakest D-man last night, but agree it's tough to be solid when you are out for 3 weeks. Jones will bring that little extra grit tonight.

Denver was frustrated last night and likely embarrassed all day today. They are a good team with pride and I expect they will be well focused tonite. Sioux better be ready from the get go. Fortunately, the Sioux have done a pretty good job of starting well lately.

I think tonite will be a close one, and a physical war. Not necessarily fighting, just hard, physical hockey.

They have came out good recently but last night we did not look good for the first 5 mins of the 1st. Luckily we capitalized on most of the odd man rushes given to us in the 1st period. Overall, I didn't think either team played that good last night. UND's transition game was the difference, something that they have rediscovered this year after it all but disapeared last year. Nice to see us challenging the opposing teams D men on the blue line instead of sitting back waiting for the inevitable to happen. Denver's goals were pretty much the result of them playing till the horn while UND took the last minute off of the 1st 2 periods. I keep telling myself this will be a close one tonight but I must admit I am growing fond of these 6+ outbursts! ???

Blackheart, looking at your sig line made me think to ask this question:

Is Hextall Archie? Archie had offensive talent, and kicked ass. I was pretty young when Jim played, for those of you who watched him, is it a good comparison?

Hextall is more like Prpich, an agitator. Arch was a bonafide goon with skill. Both extremely valuable to any team and crowd pleasers all. Glad they each one of them chose UND.

Hextall is more like Prpich, an agitator. Arch was a bonafide goon with skill. Both extremely valuable to any team and crowd pleasers all. Glad they each one of them chose UND.

The only thing to add to that is that Archie wasn't that big of a guy. He went 185 lbs I think. But he wasn't afraid to tangle with anyone. Consider him the rage blackout guy of the early 80's although I think he knew what he was doing.

I was told by a guy who says he witnessed it himself, that Archie did a 'slapshot' as he skated by the gofer bench in old Williams arena. (Before they named it Marriuci). That is he skated by the bench and rapped them all in the head with the stick.

hextall will blow prpichs numbers out of the water when all said and done. same agitator type but hextall will be more productive in the scoring sheet

prpich went 17, 15, 8 and 12 for total points for his 4 years = 52 career total points

hextall is at 8-8=16 as of now

per brad...........

Andrew Kozek (still a little nicked up) and Ben Blood are out, Mario Lamoureux and Zach Jones are in. Big changes for Denver. The Pioneers change every line and are dressing 11 forwards and seven defensemen.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

19 Evan Trupp--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

9 Mario Lamoureux--22 Brad Malone--18 David Toews

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

3 Derrick LaPoint--25 Jake Marto

6 Zach Jones--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

SCRATCHES - FIENHAGE, BLOOD, DAVIDSON, KOZEK (little banged up still)

Denver's lines

9 Rhett Rakhshani--15 Tyler Ruegsegger--19 Kyle Ostrow

16 Anthony Maiani--14 Jesse Martin--27 Brandon Vossberg

8 Dustin Jackson--12 Joe Colborne--18 Luke Salazar

17 Matt Glasser--22 Brian Gifford

28 Patrick Wiercioch--5 John Lee

11 J.P. Testwuide--6 Chris Nutini

24 John Ryder--7 Patrick Mullen

25 Cody Brookwell

1 Marc Cheverie

35 Lars Paulgaard

per brad...........

Andrew Kozek (still a little nicked up) and Ben Blood are out, Mario Lamoureux and Zach Jones are in. Big changes for Denver. The Pioneers change every line and are dressing 11 forwards and seven defensemen.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

19 Evan Trupp--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

9 Mario Lamoureux--22 Brad Malone--18 David Toews

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

3 Derrick LaPoint--25 Jake Marto

6 Zach Jones--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

SCRATCHES - FIENHAGE, BLOOD, DAVIDSON, KOZEK (little banged up still)

Denver's lines

9 Rhett Rakhshani--15 Tyler Ruegsegger--19 Kyle Ostrow

16 Anthony Maiani--14 Jesse Martin--27 Brandon Vossberg

8 Dustin Jackson--12 Joe Colborne--18 Luke Salazar

17 Matt Glasser--22 Brian Gifford

28 Patrick Wiercioch--5 John Lee

11 J.P. Testwuide--6 Chris Nutini

24 John Ryder--7 Patrick Mullen

25 Cody Brookwell

1 Marc Cheverie

35 Lars Paulgaard

Jones and Lammy are in. ??? Denver set the table for tonight at the end of last night's game and putting those two in suggests that the Sioux are ready to clean it off. This could be a very memorable evening.

Jones and Lammy are in. ??? Denver set the table for tonight at the end of last night's game and putting those two in suggests that the Sioux are ready to clean it off. This could be a very memorable evening.

Not sure on that. The four guys sitting for the Sioux are some of the biggest guys on the team. I would think Davidson would be more likely than Mario, especially given his years of experience as a big guy in Manitoba juniors.