SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Pioneers

siouxnami

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife asked me this week how many series were left at the REA? She said "Well, I suppose I should catch a game with you." (With the same vigor as one would say "I suppose I should try catch malaria soon?") ??? Should be fun as she is also a big fan of gratuitous violence. :lol::D Leave the women and children at home?! Hardly, just the kids tonight. Don't think she knows what kind of game it is going to be! :D

I'll start this one out since I suspect AZ is sleeping in... ??? I think it is safe to say that Denver will be fired up.

thanks nami :D and yes i did............heyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

go sioux tonight - lets make it 4 straight nights at the ralph where a goalie gets pulled - JK JK jk

this is gona be a hell of a battle tonight, the sioux have been playing great overall and 1 more complete game will put them alone in 1st place so lets go sioux!! du is damn good but i have a great feeling about tonight again and this sioux team. hak AKA - the chemist has them clicking

4-3 sioux - genoway,gregoire,malone,hextall

DU gave us the center ice in the 1st period and the rout was on, then we kind of took center ice as we wanted to thereafter. DU's top end skill isn't good enough vs. our 4 line depth to play that way again tonight.

I think there is a 50 50 chance of winning.

If we get ahead of DU, then we'll be winning. If we get behind DU, then we're only fighting to catch up. Remember, we need to put everyone behind us. Because, if they aren't behind us, they'll be in front of us... Goals are scored in front of us.

Any more ridiculously stupid cliches? Sorry, I don't listen to the moron on the NHL Network anymore. Him and the Progressive retard.

I think there is a 50 50 chance of winning.

So what you are saying is you're going out on a limb here? ???

I'd put down $100 on 50% odds tonight to double my money.

I'd say we are at least a slight favorite...51%?

If DU's top line does score 3 goals tonight, this one could be a rout as well. Their other lines were not very skilled. And I thought their PP for the most part was dreadful.

I really like our chances this evening.

One thing that maybe hasn't been talked about as much was the great team defense the guys had last night. It seemed like they broke up a lot of stuff in the slot and the surrounding areas in front of BE. It could be that that was one of the weaknesses of the team early on in the season, so it's more noticeable. They just broke up a lot of plays in general.

So what you are saying is you're going out on a limb here? ???

I'd put down $100 on 50% odds tonight to double my money.

I'd say we are at least a slight favorite...51%?

If DU's top line does score 3 goals tonight, this one could be a rout as well. Their other lines were not very skilled. And I thought their PP for the most part was dreadful.

I really like our chances this evening.

50.5% chance. :D

I say that, if our offense scores at least one more goal than their offense, we'll have a significant chance at beating DU tonight. :lol:

Regardless if #24 plays tonight, DU will be seeing "Blood" on the ice... ???

Blackheart, looking at your sig line made me think to ask this question:

Is Hextall Archie? Archie had offensive talent, and kicked ass. I was pretty young when Jim played, for those of you who watched him, is it a good comparison?

Is Hextall Archie? Archie had offensive talent, and kicked ass. I was pretty young when Jim played, for those of you who watched him, is it a good comparison?

Archie played during the "fights were commonplace" era. Similar offensive talent, but Archie's mixing it up was more like "rage blackout". With all the yapping that goes on on the ice always, it's unreal that Hextall seems to know the right buttons to push.

Question for the hockey experts....

Although I like to watch the game closely and rarely pay attention to the line changes, I was quickly interested in how the Sioux kept cycling one guy out onto the ice everytime there was a transition. It definitely looked liked the fresh legs allowed the Sioux to keep attacking Denver without a full line-up change. In addition, it looked like it worked very well from a Chemistry point - is this something they have been doing for a long time or is this something new?

Lastly, whats the deal with Blood...I definitely think he should sit tonights game and let Jones back in....Blood was very poor on the defensive end of the rink and he kept making mental errors that allowed DU opportunities to score....Anyone agree?

BobIwabuchiFan

Archie played during the "fights were commonplace" era. Similar offensive talent, but Archie's mixing it up was more like "rage blackout". With all the yapping that goes on on the ice always, it's unreal that Hextall seems to know the right buttons to push.

If you read 'Fight On Sioux' they talk about how Archie just punished people on the ice...he didn't do as much talking, he just went out there and destroyed guys...his senior year he had nearly 200 penalty minutes and still scores 37 goals...I don't think too many guys have gotten close to those types of numbers...

His final home shift at ND: Play is at one end, Archie comes over the boards and heads the other way, gets up some speed and makes the turn to head into the play which is coming his way...he lines a guy up and flattens him and immediately heads to the box amid the cheers of the Sioux faithful...wow, I think I teared up there a little... ???

Hextall so far isn't really a player out there fighting or even throwing cheap shots. For example I think he got called for roughing on the scrum which was started with Testweed (sic) started it all with a spear and two cross checks. The only other penalty was a slashing in the first period but that was definitely slashing the stick so an hockey play, not a cheap shot.

Archie started it more with his physical play. Hextall, so far, is getting under their skin (with his mouth I guess.)

Maybe they figured if Jones was going to go nuts, drop the gloves, and miss the next game they wanted the game missed to be next Friday against St.Cloud and not tonight. He WILL play tonight.

I completely agree with that logic. This gives the Sioux one more enforcer on the ice in a game that in my opinion will be violent from the start and only get worse. DU was thoroughly embarrased and will be out for blood. So maybe we will get to see the Ragin Jonesy again.

I completely agree with that logic. This gives the Sioux one more enforcer on the ice in a game that in my opinion will be violent from the start and only get worse. DU was thoroughly embarrased and will be out for blood. So maybe we will get to see the Ragin Jonesy again.

I think Dumbver will be out for trouble tonight even if the officials do their job. After watching the game again I think Dumbver was going to start something no matter what the officials did.

On the other hand, they should have given Testweed (sic) the spearing penalty and had him sitting out tonight.

Question for the hockey experts....

Although I like to watch the game closely and rarely pay attention to the line changes, I was quickly interested in how the Sioux kept cycling one guy out onto the ice everytime there was a transition. It definitely looked liked the fresh legs allowed the Sioux to keep attacking Denver without a full line-up change. In addition, it looked like it worked very well from a Chemistry point - is this something they have been doing for a long time or is this something new?

Lastly, whats the deal with Blood...I definitely think he should sit tonights game and let Jones back in....Blood was very poor on the defensive end of the rink and he kept making mental errors that allowed DU opportunities to score....Anyone agree?

BobIwabuchiFan

blood made mistakes but he wasnt that bad. hes hasnt played in 3 weeks and had to shed some rust off ??? hak said jones should be playing tonight but it was nice to see blood out there.