SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

I would rather see Finehage play defense than Miller, have him play up front, he can split time with Martens.

I would agree with that. I just don't want to see Miller taking up a top forward spot or a forward spot on the power play. Splitting with Martens is about where Miller should be.

I also would like to see Lamoreux and Davidson in the lineup at least tomorrow night. Perhaps they will stand up for their teammates that take cheap shots.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with that. I just don't want to see Miller taking up a top forward spot or a forward spot on the power play. Splitting with Martens is about where Miller should be.

I also would like to see Lamoreux and Davidson in the lineup at least tomorrow night. Perhaps they will stand up for their teammates that take cheap shots.

I would also like to say it's my personal opinion that if frattin doesn't start to do something he should not be on that line with trupp and gregoire, in fact i don't know if he should be in the lineup until he can DO SOMETHING. i'd rather they put someone else there because i see good things from those 2, but they are missing the third piece.

Yes, please play fienhage.

Yeah that does upset me to see bush league cheap shots like that...

I think hak needs to just play Eidsness, there is NO benifit to playing Walski and Eidsness is a better goaliew...

Walski record so far this year, 3 0 3 0 10 150 3.99 0 39 .796. What have the coaching staff seen in this kid? Yes, nice kid, who is great in practices as stated by our coaching staff, comes from Fargo, ND playing for the home town Fighting Sioux, been here three half years to prove himself.... there is a reason he is a walk on.

Miller splitting time with Martens? :whistling: From my perspective, Frattin and Malone need to be upstairs. Those 2 have done absolutely nothing this year, which is a little improvement from last year! I agree, give Davidson and Mario some ice time. Value to your team is what is produced during a game not what is perceived at practice. Davidson has, in his limited ice time, produced something. Hak needs to stop "waiting" for some guys to figure it out.

And really, when is the slow start to every season under Hak going to end? You keep going to that well with the mentality that it will turn around and one of these seasons it won't. Unfortunately, I see this being that season. UND doesn't just need a win tonight, they need a "step on your throat" convincing win tonight. With the schedule UND has in the first half of it's season for them to be around .500 at Christmas is going to be more like playing .333 winning percentage hockey when all things are said and done. This slow start is a much bigger issue than in years past because of the "easy" first half of the schedule.

While it may have probably already been said elsewhere, last night's game is more proof that hockey is a sometimes funny and an always great game, and that a three goal lead, no matter how late, is nothing. The Sioux damn near tied that game and it would have been precious for many reasons, including beating all of the fans who were long in their cars or already at home out of a thrill. As it was, it was thrilling none the less.

A certain WCHA home crowd in the Twin Cities is famous for leaving the arena early while the outcome is still in doubt. I would hate to someday have our knowledgeable and faithful home crowd be compared with the high crying and early leaving crowds from venues south and east.

Folks, we pay hard earned money, or at least most of us do, for our tickets to the greatest show on earth. Why rob ourselves of time at the show by packing it out before the final whistle? Those with young kids or other pressing needs excepted, I think that the throngs of folks who left the arena early last night should sit for at least two minutes today and feel shame.

New game, new story, tonight. Another beauty of The Game.

My thoughts:

1. I thought the Sioux carried the play 5 X 5 and played well short handed

2. The PP was awful. Things need to get shaken up.

3. The Sioux had a ton of great changes but continually missed the net.

4. AA only had a handful of decent chances all game.

5. All three AA goals were soft. The first he had a bad angle, the second there was a screen but you have to stop a weak wrist shot from the point, and the third should have been an easy poke check. Walski froze and considering the AA player shot the puck from about 2 feet from the crease he was way to far back in the net. Not that the D didn't break down, but that should never have been a goal.

While it may have probably already been said elsewhere, last night's game is more proof that hockey is a sometimes funny and an always great game, and that a three goal lead, no matter how late, is nothing. The Sioux damn near tied that game and it would have been precious for many reasons, including beating all of the fans who were long in their cars or already at home out of a thrill. As it was, it was thrilling none the less.

A certain WCHA home crowd in the Twin Cities is famous for leaving the arena early while the outcome is still in doubt. I would hate to someday have our knowledgeable and faithful home crowd be compared with the high crying and early leaving crowds from venues south and east.

Folks, we pay hard earned money, or at least most of us do, for our tickets to the greatest show on earth. Why rob ourselves of time at the show by packing it out before the final whistle? Those with young kids or other pressing needs excepted, I think that the throngs of folks who left the arena early last night should sit for at least two minutes today and feel shame.

No shame felt here!! There my tickets, i can leave early if i want. To me, it is not worth putting up with the traffic for a group of kids that didn't show up to play for 57 minutes last night. I love the Sioux, but sometimes i can only take so much. I will be back there again tonight cheering them on, hopefully last night was a gut check and the leaders on the team will back up there talk from the post game show. I really, hope. Just my opinion, it is not meant to offend anyone.

My thoughts:

1. I thought the Sioux carried the play 5 X 5 and played well short handed

2. The PP was awful. Things need to get shaken up.

3. The Sioux had a ton of great changes but continually missed the net.

4. AA only had a handful of decent chances all game.

5. All three AA goals were soft. The first he had a bad angle, the second there was a screen but you have to stop a weak wrist shot from the point, and the third should have been an easy poke check. Walski froze and considering the AA player shot the puck from about 2 feet from the crease he was way to far back in the net. Not that the D didn't break down, but that should never have been a goal.

Thanks. Now there are two of us who saw the Sioux outchance them. Even with the disappointing effort, you will usually win games when you outchance your opponent like that.

No shame felt here!! There my tickets, i can leave early if i want. To me, it is not worth putting up with the traffic for a group of kids that didn't show up to play for 57 minutes last night. I love the Sioux, but sometimes i can only take so much. I will be back there again tonight cheering them on, hopefully last night was a gut check and the leaders on the team will back up there talk from the post game show. I really, hope. Just my opinion, it is not meant to offend anyone.

It's great to listen to the games on the radio, then you can save the cold trip, drink beer without driving, and do something else the whole time so you don't have to miss the end of the games. You do, however, have to put up with the radio interview of Chris Vande Velde and that, yaknow, is a little, yaknow, annoying if you, yaknow, listen to it but, yaknow, other than that, yaknow, it's not, yaknow, real bad.

Thanks. Now there are two of us who saw the Sioux outchance them. Even with the disappointing effort, you will usually win games when you outchance your opponent like that.

Make that three, another loss caused by not finishing. I haven't seen this many great chances in the first half of the season for several years, in every game. Too many scoring chances not ending up as SOGs.

You are kidding right?What's it take 10 minutes tops to be on your way.Poor excuse.It is your money though but the traffic excuse made me chuckle a bit.

What was thrilling about watching your squad under-perform for 58 minutes? In fact it should make you PO'd that they finally decided to make it a game at the end rather than playing a full 60 minutes. When in doubt you can always pull out the "put down a rival fan base" card and true to form there it was. Why exactly should folks who attended last nights game feel shame for leaving early when the real shame was in the effort put forth on the ice?

Rather than play the blame game I would rather we play the responsibility game. What happened last night reminded me of something I used to do as a kid - and I fully realize that my perception could be way out in left field but..... Did you ever find a bee hive and just of shits and grins - move it. The bee's all go back to where it was and continually look for it. I deduced that they are conditioned to go to that same spot and find the hive. I learned that if you return the hive and move it slowly - they adapt to the new location. I know a boring child hood. However, last night I saw our team get frustrated by the center ice trap that the seawolves used. Very similar to the boring Wild or that shameful BC team! We could not play our game and it showed in the number of shots on goal. I am not going to blame Mr. Walsky or any one player - they win and lose as a team(and if they don't - well we found the problem). But I remain a bit frustrated that they have not been taught (or have not grasped) how to adapt to teams that move the hive on them. Continuing to hammer away will eventually yield results - as we saw at the end of the game, however it is extremely frustrating. Perhaps, it is youth - but we are not that young, perhaps it is size, but we are not that small, perhaps it is motivation, but I think we are motivated (just ask CC),perhaps they are not real smart - but I don't buy that, perhaps it will come with time - I sure hope so, perhaps it is coaching - well, just perhaps. But whatever it is I will not pass it off as effort, last Friday night this team took the number one team in the nation to the wood shed and kicked their butt! But they have to learn how to adapt when, "the opposition moves the hive!" and the team has to take responsibilty for that. Sorry for the sophmoric metaphors - but I relate a little easier to them.

we gave away a golden opportunity to pick up some points onts on um,cc, and du last night agaianst a trational bottom feeding team in our own building. I can guarantee you that next weekend cc doesn't lose a game to the seawolves. why is it that we lose games at home against terams we should beat.

I've been saying it for 2 years now on this board and have been blasted for "not being a true fan", but one of these years, the Sioux are going to come out flat to start the season, expect the flip to magically flip on come January and it's just not going to happen. We're not there yet with this team, but it might not matter. Even if they make their second half run, they might have already dug themselves too deep a hole, especially considering the WCHA isn't going to send 6-7 teams to the tournament anymore after Wisconsin's sub .500 bid last year. This season looks an awful lot like 2001-2002 to me.

Face it folks, the definition of Sioux hockey has changed in 21st century. We've seen more than enough Sioux teams to call it a mindset compared to a fluke. Home ice means absolutely nothing. Whomever coined the phrase, "sweep at home, split on the road" obviously has never seen the Sioux play. I think it's time to ban the phrase on these boards. WCHA games mean absolutely nothing anymore. Any games in October, November, or December don't mean anything anymore. I'd like to think pride in the program still means something, but sometimes I have to wonder. Who ever thought we'd reach the point where Anchorage's backup goalie shuts us down for 57 minutes in the Ralph? Hrkac and Joyce aren't even dead yet and they're turning over in their graves.

As Sioux fans we've gotten spoiled by all the talent we've had, so our expectations have been high. Maybe they were too high and that's the reason for all the disappointment. I never expect the Sioux to win the NC every year. It takes a lot of luck on top of talent to achieve that. I do expect them to compete for a WCHA crown when they've had the kind of talent they've had. I mentioned the 2001-2002 season for a reason. I would be willing to deal with an occasional season in which the Sioux just don't have the talent and end up 6th in the WCHA, as long as the other seasons in which the Sioux did have the talent, they played up to it and gave us a whole season's worth of effort. Even when they didn't win the NC, it sure was nice going to the old Ralph knowing exactly what you were going to get from the Sioux. In years in which the Sioux did have it, if a visiting team was going to steal a win, it was because they played their best game of the year, not just because the Sioux decided to not show up. That is the most disheartening thing. With all the talent we've had and do have, teams don't even have to play well to beat us anymore.

Yeah its silly to want to fire the coach... :sad:

There are few coaches in the WCHA that are sitting on a the hot seat before hak. :)

I can't believe that people on here even consider wanting a different coach. I know we've had great coaches in the past but let it go. Hak is a great hockey coach in my book. I'll be the first to addmit I didn't give him much approval when he first took over but I was completly wrong. We are very fortunant to have Hak as our coach. Every year he's turned a slow start into a championship contending team and has takin' the sioux to the frozen four every year. That deserves praise, not complaining. I wouldn't blame the slow starts on him either. I think it's because we have such a turn-around in players going pro early that it takes a little bit for the team to find it's identity, especially when the guys leaving are the best players on the team. Ofcourse we don't like are record right now and the slow starts do get sickening but I don't care how we get there as long as we are there in the end.........again. I thank are coach for that. Good job HAk.

i say that frattin and malone should sit tonight. Put Davidson in and let him bang some people around. One thing we were lacking was hitting which leads me to believe that we have no intensity. Last night was one of poorest efforts i have seen in a long time. stupid mistakes and no energy

for all those thinking a second half run is a given this year-just look at our schedule as it doesn't have the ingredients for that as it is much more difficult than any second half schedule we've had in hak's tenure.

bsu-one of these years they will beat is this it? for arguments sake we sweep

minn-we don't sweep the gophers at home

mtu-possible sweep for us but then again we lost to aa at home

du-split more than likely as they are the most dynamic offensive we will face

scsu-we don't sweep the huskies on the road

msum-possible sweep but mankaot plays us tough

aa-if we can't sweep them at home how the f### will we sweep them on the road

cc-when was the last time we swept cc at home?

wisc-when was the last time we swept wisc on the road?

for arguments sake again the we sweep 3 of these and split the rest this gives us a 12-6 second half record, 13-7 if you count a probable split at the GLI. based upon where we are now and go .500 till x-mas would put us at 21-17 and haveing to sweep our way through the wcha playoffs which would be doubtful. three game win in first round and 2-1 in st. paul puts us at 25-19 and very bubbilicious to make the tourney.