AZSIOUX

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycle

Cycle

Cycle

Jeebus Christopher I'm sick of this incessant cycling.

Give me a speed team.

UAA made the home team look like they were wearing cement blocks on their feet.

You mean a speed team like BC? What have they done lately, besides whoop UND's ass and win an NC?

The answers easy FIRE HAKSTOL :D they have issues folks and the starts to their season seem to be getting worse every year

just wondering who you would want hired then :whistling: have to back up the want with a name ;)

let me guess............dean blais :D

Just got back from the game - I'm drunk and pissed.

I hope this ends the great Walski experiment - this loss is on the coaching staff - Walski is not nor will ever be an everyday WCHA goalie - We have kept him at the cost of running off our young prospect - now he has cost us a game. Remember this loss when we are looking for a bracket in the sweet 16. Totally mismanaged by coaching staff - what does he have - naked pictures of the coaching staff?

If there is a more pathetic power play in the country I'd be surprised. 5 minute man advantage and what - two shots on goal? Can't we be better organized than this with the names we have on our roster?

We may have people that can fly, but we have no one who can close - absolutely no scorers tonight.

Getting our butts handed to us at home by Alaska Anchorage - pathetic

3-6 record - unacceptable

I'm tired to the talk about what this team could be. We are 9 games into the season. Time for reality to intrude. What a lackluster effort.

Comments from Matt Watkins:

Record of 3-6, can't be comfortable, have to dig out of this hole

Starts with tommorrow

Gotta start putting scoring chances away early in games, instead of getting down, tough to comeback every night

Not getting pucks to the net enough

Have to be willing to do more to win games, all about mentality

Gutcheck time, starts with older guys

How many times we gonna hear that again?Overused as much as they ran into a hot goaltender.Pathetic effort tonite and I'm glad I didn't make the 175 mile drive up there tonite.Used my tickets to start a fire.

Just got home from the game. My thoughts:

Well... the last 2 minutes were very promising.

If only we had scored sooner...

The high points: when Eidsness took over (loud cheers), when Davey Toews drew the CFB call and got the kid ejected, and the last 2 minutes.

I'm hoping this was a learning experience for the coaches that eidsness should be our goalie. i have no doubts about that.

Looking forward to tomorrow. hopefully we can score some goals a bit sooner.

Everything else sucked.

Notes from game:

1) I think most would agree that Eidsness is a better goalie than Walski. However, anyone blaming Walski for those goals are nuts. The first goal happened after a Marto turnover in the zone, and Walski was screened. Second goal was also a screen. Third goal was caused 99.99% by pathetic effort from Defensmen.

2) I don't mind Miller as a defensman.

3) I would rather win a bunch of home games in the regular season and then choke in the Frozen Four rather than lose a bunch of home games in the regular season and choke in the Frozen Four (as Hak's m.o. has been)

4) When someone takes a run at your best young player, as Hunt did against Gregoire at the end of the game, someone has to step up and send a message. That type of hit on Gregoire and only luck prevented Gregoire from getting hurt from the blow to the head. Without Prpich, Radke, or Kaip, I don't know who that guy is, but they better find him or else the Denver's of the world will just keep taking runs at UND's stars.

5) Note to Dean Blais: I-29 N about 70 miles. Please please please come back.

To answer a question from earlier, I did see Toews out on the ice after he was checked from behind... so he seems to be fine. I

personally thought that it was good to see Genoway out on the ice tonight. This team misses Finley more than any of us are willing to admit. Hopefully he isn't like Kaip with post concussion syndrom....

We need to play more than two minutes to win a game, but you already know that. Eidsness will start tomorrow (duh) and hopefully the team will come out as desperate as they should be. Pathetic effort tonight by 98% of the team.

I had to laugh when they voted for Player of the Game on the big screen... cuz there wasn't really one. I didn't notice Jones much in the third period, and although it's good to not notice a defenseman, can someone confirm that he was out there (just to calm my nerves)... thanks.

And what do you people think that Blais would have done that would have made this game any better? Not a thing... you can yell all you want... if the motivation isn't in the boys, it isn't not in the boys...

Notes from game:

2) I don't mind Miller as a defensman.

I counted at least 5 giveaways by him on the blue line and one of them led to a shorthanded 2 on 1. I wasn't looking for this, but when he turned it over 3 times in a row it's hard not to notice. I also thought he tried busting through the blue line too much instead of dumping. This caused a forward to have to scramble and cover the point.

Notes from game:

4) When someone takes a run at your best young player, as Hunt did against Gregoire at the end of the game, someone has to step up and send a message. That type of hit on Gregoire and only luck prevented Gregoire from getting hurt from the blow to the head. Without Prpich, Radke, or Kaip, I don't know who that guy is, but they better find him or else the Denver's of the world will just keep taking runs at UND's stars.

Someone should have ripped Hunt's helmet off and started feeding him right. That is unacceptable.

haks postgame...

no intensity. made it easy for uaa.

pulled walski for the sake of change, not necessarily anything on walski, but didn't work.

better come in tomorrow with a hatred for losing.

not giving uaa much credit... bad plays, bobbled pucks, and missed four open nets. makes getting that road win a little easier.

he's pretty fired up about the missed open nets, hope this team steps it up tomorrow.

LETS GO SIOUX!!

I think hak needs to just play Eidsness, there is NO benifit to playing Walski and Eidsness is a better goaliew...

To answer a question from earlier, I did see Toews out on the ice after he was checked from behind... so he seems to be fine. I

personally thought that it was good to see Genoway out on the ice tonight. This team misses Finley more than any of us are willing to admit. Hopefully he isn't like Kaip with post concussion syndrom....

We need to play more than two minutes to win a game, but you already know that. Eidsness will start tomorrow (duh) and hopefully the team will come out as desperate as they should be. Pathetic effort tonight by 98% of the team.

I had to laugh when they voted for Player of the Game on the big screen... cuz there wasn't really one. I didn't notice Jones much in the third period, and although it's good to not notice a defenseman, can someone confirm that he was out there (just to calm my nerves)... thanks.

And what do you people think that Blais would have done that would have made this game any better? Not a thing... you can yell all you want... if the motivation isn't in the boys, it isn't not in the boys...

This type of effort from a Blais team was unacceptable. This type of effort at home from a Hak team is commonplace.

Please. Why don't we start the fire hakstol thread now?

In fact, why don't we just shut this message board down and start rooting for the Gophers...or NDSU football...or perhaps BSU hockey, yeah!

:whistling:

I think you all need to cool down a little bit. It will come eventually.

Hakstol is a great coach and he will turn it around eventually.

But for now, I think we'll put the "blame" on a poor team effort and not by the coach.

Just in case, though, I have no problem putting BDB and Irish on ignore.

Extremely pathetic effort tonight. Extremely.

With approx 5 min left in the second we had 6 shots on goal ! Sorry, but that effort will not beat anyone.

I am getting tired of seeing Genoway screw up in the offensive end which then leads to a 2 on 1 or breakaway the other way.

It is especially bad given that we have unproven goaltending. Genoway is a junior and I expect an upperclass defensemen to play

much better. He can't sacrifice on defense to try and make a play on offense. The third goal tonight was cause by his attempt to jump up on the blue line and try to knock down a clearing attempt.

Not impressed at all with AA, they will end up near the bottom of the league as they do almost every year. To play this bad against them is embarrassing.

Eidsness needs to play almost every game the rest of the way. Walski is not the answer and we need to find out what kind of goalie we have in Eidsness. I think he will be a good one but he will have his ups and downs this year. Until he is comfortable and playing well the defense cannot afford to take chances that lead to odd man rushes.

In 2005 we had a lot of freshman defensemen (Chorney, Lee, Finley, Jones) but we had a proven goalie. In the opener against Miami that year, the defense was terrible but Parise bailed them out. This year we have been playing one or two freshman, a converted forward, and two sophomores. It usually takes till midway thru the soph year for the defensemen to be comfortable. We don't have a proven goalie that can bail out bad defensive play.

I've seen some good things out of the team this year, but tonight there was not one positive to take away.

I still think this team will be very good, maybe sooner than we expect but tonight was a giant step backwards.

Extremely pathetic effort tonight. Extremely.

With approx 5 min left in the second we had 6 shots on goal ! Sorry, but that effort will not beat anyone.

I am getting tired of seeing Genoway screw up in the offensive end which then leads to a 2 on 1 or breakaway the other way.

It is especially bad given that we have unproven goaltending. Genoway is a junior and I expect an upperclass defensemen to play

much better. He can't sacrifice on defense to try and make a play on offense. The third goal tonight was cause by his attempt to jump up on the blue line and try to knock down a clearing attempt.

Not impressed at all with AA, they will end up near the bottom of the league as they do almost every year. To play this bad against them is embarrassing.

Eidsness needs to play almost every game the rest of the way. Walski is not the answer and we need to find out what kind of goalie we have in Eidsness. I think he will be a good one but he will have his ups and downs this year. Until he is comfortable and playing well the defense cannot afford to take chances that lead to odd man rushes.

In 2005 we had a lot of freshman defensemen (Chorney, Lee, Finley, Jones) but we had a proven goalie. In the opener against Miami that year, the defense was terrible but Parise bailed them out. This year we have been playing one or two freshman, a converted forward, and two sophomores. It usually takes till midway thru the soph year for the defensemen to be comfortable. We don't have a proven goalie that can bail out bad defensive play.

I've seen some good things out of the team this year, but tonight there was not one positive to take away.

I still think this team will be very good, maybe sooner than we expect but tonight was a giant step backwards.

I thought UND came out strong, but couldn't hit the net in fact they had the goalie moving his feat but didn't cash in. I think UND could have exploited the UAA goalie he is not very good. They shot the puck everywhere but on the net.

So the 6 shots wasn't very accurate it would be ineresting to see the attempted shots. Also the UAA coach spends a lot of time whinning to the officals.

In fact, why don't we just shut this message board down and start rooting for the Gophers...or NDSU football...or perhaps BSU hockey, yeah!

But for now, I think we'll put the "blame" on a poor team effort and not by the coach.

And likewise, myself and Irish have an ignore button for people that are a little to pollyanna about this team if we so chose. A fan doesn't always have to kiss the team's butt as they are free to weigh the good with the bad.

The problem with Hak, is that yes he always "turns it around" by January. Unfortunately, he turns it around again come Frozen Four time when it matters. Blais didn't always win, but I don't recall Blais lead teams having so many nights where they flat out don't show up. When a team doesn't show up, you can blame the coach or the players. In this case, the players are all Hak recruits now, so either way it falls on his shoulders. That being said, we all know that Blais isn't coming back, so please Hak, WIN SOME HOME GAMES!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to get into a contest with you - I respect your hockey knowledge-

There are some points about tonignt's game I think you will agree with

1. We have an anemic power play - way below what I would expect looking at our roster

2. We got manhandled by a bottom feeding team at home

3. other teams are starting to take physical liberties with us

4. What we saw tonight was a far cry from what I consider Fighting Sioux Hockey

I'm not saying fire Hak - I am saying that some of this season is his and his staff's responsibility.

Many of us are frustrated with our underachieving starts. Hopefully we can rebound tomorrow.

The Sioux have a lot of work to do to become a good hockey team..

I counted at least 5 giveaways by him on the blue line and one of them led to a shorthanded 2 on 1. I wasn't looking for this, but when he turned it over 3 times in a row it's hard not to notice. I also thought he tried busting through the blue line too much instead of dumping. This caused a forward to have to scramble and cover the point.

Didn't say I liked him at Defense, just that I didn't mind him there. I would rather have him on defense than on a forward line. His defensive play wasn't anymore sieve like than Genoway or Marto. I thought Blood did pretty good, as did Jones. I also think Finehage should be in the lineup.

2. We got manhandled by a bottom feeding team at home

3. other teams are starting to take physical liberties with us

I agree with a lot of what you say, but actually UAA is two points ahead of us right now. I think they will be a 8th-10th place team.

That being said we will be tied with them when the Sioux win tomorrow, the Seawolves have played some weak teams early like the article linked on the front page.

Didn't say I liked him at Defense, just that I didn't mind him there. I would rather have him on defense than on a forward line. His defensive play wasn't anymore sieve like than Genoway or Marto. I thought Blood did pretty good, as did Jones. I also think Finehage should be in the lineup.

I would rather see Finehage play defense than Miller, have him play up front, he can split time with Martens.