SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

Miller is inconsistent. When he plays well, he's great, but when he plays bad, we're screwed! some guys i can't always tell when they have an off night, but miller i can tell right away. that's my beef with him. He could very well be sitting in the press box every night in my opinion b/c of his inconsistencies. We are searching for consistency after all.

Ive mentioned this before when people start Miller bashing. There are at least 2 forwards that I would worry about on the team before Miller.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller has played very well this year and last night contributed in a way few would have expected. I love Chay G, but in fairness to any player (including Miller) who is criticized for screwups, G. has committed his share of costly ones.

If I wouldn't have been in my car driving, I probably would have fell out of my chair laughing; Bruce McClown was interviewed after the 2nd period. He was commenting on how a "cleaner" game is being called this year. He claims that 9 out of 10 of the emails he receives are complaints that too many penalties are being called. He said that it was out of his officials hands because the NCAA dictates how the game is called. BS.

1st of all, it's about time that the refs started to call the game by the rules that are in place. It would have been nice for Parise, Toews, Oshie, and Dunc, in previous years if they weren't being mugged every time they were on the ice.

Secondly, other conferences had been calling games by the rules that were already in place. It would have been just a matter of time before the blue chip offensive skaters would have opted to not play in the WCHA.

Last, and certainly not least, McClown is still, and always will be a clown. Does he think that 9 out of 10 hockey fans didn't know that the NCAA wanted a cleaner game to be called for the last few years, and he was just having his crews call them the way they always had been?

If I wouldn't have been in my car driving, I probably would have fell out of my chair laughing; Bruce McClown was interviewed after the 2nd period. He was commenting on how a "cleaner" game is being called this year. He claims that 9 out of 10 of the emails he receives are complaints that too many penalties are being called. He said that it was out of his officials hands because the NCAA dictates how the game is called. BS.

Last, and certainly not least, McClown is still, and always will be a clown. Does he think that 9 out of 10 hockey fans didn't know that the NCAA wanted a cleaner game to be called for the last few years, and he was just having his crews call them the way they always had been?

If the NCAA were indeed calling the shots with respect to WCHA officiating I would like to think that Don Adams would have been canned a long time ago. Sadly someone could loose their life or ability to walk before McClown does anything. Let's see what really was in or out of his hands when a lawsuit arises for incompetent officiating.

I knew this team could play alongside with anyone as long as they played better team defense and played a full 60 minutes. This sioux team has tons of depth which is a great thing, malone and frats sit out and the team doesn't miss a beat without those two players in the line up. That is something special there. Also big Joe has still yet to play, despite peoples love hate relation of Joe, he will be a critical asset to the team. He is big and has a long stick that can be utilized a lot on the penalty kill and other key scenarios. All in all, a great win and go sioux tonight! Sweep, boom baby!

Miller has played very well this year and last night contributed in a way few would have expected. I love Chay G, but in fairness to any player (including Miller) who is criticized for screwups, G. has committed his share of costly ones.

DAR has a few points, but this one is the most correct IMO. DAR is right in that Miller is knocked off the puck very easily. However, I've noticed that it isn't as bad as it was early on at UND for Miller in that regard. When he was a freshman and sophomore, the opposing player merely had to blow on Miller and he'd lose the puck. Now, it takes more to get him off the puck, but he is still not as good as he could be in this category.

Expecting Miller to be great in the corners is laughable. It's like Wild fans expecting Bouchard to step off the perimeter. Not going to happen.

Chay has made a boatload of mistakes going all the way back to the Frozen Four last year. However, rarely was he called out on it. Why? The nature of the fan. Fan Favorites tend to get let off easy. Oh well.

And McLeod is a loser that is disconnected with reality. And Don Adam already let a player nearly get injured enough. He only got a month's suspension. Don Adam must watch a player die in order to get canned. Near Paralysis means one month's suspension. That means that paralysis is probably a 2-3 month suspension. Death will bring about his termination...pending conviction in a court for wrongful death.

Everyone beats the old "Whenever there is a fight, the Sioux are involved" gaff to death, well, I have a new one:

How come whenever an injury occurs due to a questionable hit or on-ice act, Don Adam is involved?

It is no coincidence. D Shepherd, Anderson, etc. may not be competent officials at times, but usually they aren't overtly dangerous.

That's why Don Adam is still the most dangerous official in college hockey and certainly among the most dangerous in the entire organize sport itself.

Yeah I think you are right. I just hope that Chay is ok. I believe that Adam shouldn't be allowed to ref Sioux games anymore.

His past comments (as per a post from another UND fan heard Adam say while drunk that he would screw UND when ever he gets a chance, hence, was then reported to the league office) and actions really prove that he could give a rip if a UND player is hurt and I believe he see UND as deserving. What else would it be or is Adam really just that incompetent?

Whether the Sioux take 2, 3 or 4 points this weekend, who wants to bet that CC drops more than UND rises in the polls (assuming 21-USCHO)?

BU is going to be the Numer one team in college hockey this week. I could care less where the Sioux are ranked right now though.

A win against C.C. helps in the end game.

if genoway,jones and finley can't go tonight who plays on the blue line or do we just rotate 4 D? if all three can't go it wouldn't bode well for a favorable outcome tonight. is Fienhage hurt? why would you bring Finley if you don't want to play him over Fienhage?

Did Malone catch a flight to Colorado Springs this morning?

Whether the Sioux take 2, 3 or 4 points this weekend, who wants to bet that CC drops more than UND rises in the polls (assuming 21-USCHO)?

That's how it usually works with any team, any sport. I wouldn't cry conspiracy against the Sioux on this one.

nice win for the SIOUX

lets follow up tonight.

how is that webcast? I'll buy it tonight no matter what, but still wondering. Any nuances I should know about...does it work properly? I'm thinking of the BU webcast and how messed up that whole thing was.

if genoway,jones and finley can't go tonight who plays on the blue line or do we just rotate 4 D? if all three can't go it wouldn't bode well for a favorable outcome tonight. is Fienhage hurt? why would you bring Finley if you don't want to play him over Fienhage?

Fienhage is either hurt or in the major doghouse for Miller to be taking his place this weekend.

Fienhage is either hurt or in the major doghouse for Miller to be taking his place this weekend.

Some if this is speculation but I believe when they left Grand Forks they expected that Joe would be able to play so they decided to leave Fienhage at home. Once they got to Colorado the altitude may have been a contributing factor to deciding that Joe wasn't recovered enough from the concussion to play this w/e.

nice win for the SIOUX

lets follow up tonight.

how is that webcast? I'll buy it tonight no matter what, but still wondering. Any nuances I should know about...does it work properly? I'm thinking of the BU webcast and how messed up that whole thing was.

As far as the webcast goes, the video is slightly worse than Siouxtra's. Not choppy, but kinda fuzzy, the puck was not really visable. It's basicly the arena feed, what you probably see on the jumbotron there. The audio is the CC radio play-by-by guys dubbed in...so it's a bit biased towards CC, but not bad. They were butchering some of the players names. For $7, it's worth it...hell, how many dumb things have we spent $7 on, and not gotten 2 1/2 to 3 hours out of?

As far as the webcast goes, the video is slightly worse than Siouxtra's. Not choppy, but kinda fuzzy, the puck was not really visable. It's basicly the arena feed, what you probably see on the jumbotron there. The audio is the CC radio play-by-by guys dubbed in...so it's a bit biased towards CC, but not bad. They were butchering some of the players names. For $7, it's worth it...hell, how many dumb things have we spent $7 on, and not gotten 2 1/2 to 3 hours out of?

Mar--TANS...

It's better than no video at all.

thanks...like I said I planned to buy anyway, but nice to know what to look forward to.

gonna try an s-video cable from the laptop to the tv tonight. hope it looks good, but doubt it ???

GO SIOUX!

Yeah I noticed that too and the TV guy had a hot mike, he called his team awful. Also, I didn't see the hit in question that we are talking about to day or I should say that there wasn't any mention of it.