SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

41 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Commodore doesn’t mince words, does he???

9CDE08FD-FD70-4853-AEAD-480101F0229C.png

Geez, Mike.......how do you really feel about him?

9 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Geez, Mike.......how do you really feel about him?

There are two sides to every story, and I guess those two know what went on between them, but this doesn't make Commodore look that great himself.  By the way getting what he deserved is millions upon millions. 

If anyone here listens to the Spittin' Chiclets podcast on Barstool Sports, yesterday's podcast they had on Chris Chelios.  He tells a brief story about how he chose Wisconsin.  He had committed to UND along with Jim Archibald - both of them played juniors in Moose Jaw together.  He said at the last minute Gino signed James Patrick, who played in Prince Albert.  Chelios said that he always wanted to beat James Patrick so when that happened, Gino tore up his letter of commitment and he went to his 2nd choice, Wisconsin.  Interesting story.

• Upvote 2

It looks like Poganski is suited up for the Blues v. Penguins tonight. Good luck.

Sorry I was wrong, he just was out for warm ups. I saw him on NBC though.

Edited by UNDPUCKS
I made an error
  • Upvote 1

On 12/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, Ray77 said:

If anyone here listens to the Spittin' Chiclets podcast on Barstool Sports, yesterday's podcast they had on Chris Chelios.  He tells a brief story about how he chose Wisconsin.  He had committed to UND along with Jim Archibald - both of them played juniors in Moose Jaw together.  He said at the last minute Gino signed James Patrick, who played in Prince Albert.  Chelios said that he always wanted to beat James Patrick so when that happened, Gino tore up his letter of commitment and he went to his 2nd choice, Wisconsin.  Interesting story.

Great story and awesome podcast! They had Scott Darling on for the second time a few weeks back. He wished in hindsight maybe he should have chosen North Dakota over Maine. That would have been interesting if he was at UND.  He got the boot at Maine in his day, I believe. 

So Brad S. reports that the 2015-16 team with 11 players having played an NHL game is second only to the 1981-82 team with 12.

Whether Cam Johnson would ever get a shot to see actual game action is questionable in my opinion.  But I do have an outside candidate from the '15-16 team who could be the 12th.

Chris Wilkie.

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

So Brad S. reports that the 2015-16 team with 11 players having played an NHL game is second only to the 1981-82 team with 12.

Whether Cam Johnson would ever get a shot to see actual game action is questionable in my opinion.  But I do have an outside candidate from the '15-16 team who could be the 12th.

Chris Wilkie.

WIlkie and Thompson are both still young enough to have an outside chance of getting a few games.

I looked up the 81-82 team and initially thought that there were 13 ex-NHLers.  I forgot that Cary Eades didn't get in an NHL game.

24 minutes ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Luke Johnson playing for the wild tonight

Free game of the night on the NHL app for those without access otherwise.

Also Nelson and Grimaldi both scored in the Isles-Preds game. Each with a snipe.

8 hours ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Luke Johnson playing for the wild tonight

He looked ok. Played 11 minutes and was a -1.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

He looked ok. Played 11 minutes and was a -1.

Unfortunately he got beat gliding and reaching on the first Vegas goal.... but his whole line looked like an unhinged unit playing together basically for the first time.... 

...because they were playing together for the first time.

Was at my daughters graduation on Friday (way to go Kiddo!!) and a little further down the list of graduating students was Rhett Gardner. He wasn't at the ceremony but congrats to him too!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Siouxperior said:

Was at my daughters graduation on Friday (way to go Kiddo!!) and a little further down the list of graduating students was Rhett Gardner. He wasn't at the ceremony but congrats to him too!

Love that these guys keep plugging away at the online classes UND offers.