SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

Ryan Duncan announced his retirement from pro hockey today.

One of the best players to ever wear a Sioux uniform.

28 minutes ago, ChadR said:

You don't say? ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ChadR said:

Ouch, a downvote! I was only kidding, man. Pointing out that I posted about that about an hour earlier. No need to throw around those big, mean red arrows :D

My wife and I made it to a Redbull hockey game in Salzburg last spring. It was sure nice to Ryan skate in one of his last pro games. He still had the skills!

Found this clip with Ryan Duncan.  Not sure if it has already been posted here.

“Got some new hardware in there so I don’t think this one is going to be breaking anytime soon, knock on wood,” Oshie said. “I am all good. Ready to go.”

The popular Capitals forward was asked what he meant by “new hardware.”

“It’s just the whole thing is metal now,” Oshie said, presumably meaning his new collarbone. “I got a lot of metal in my body. I needed a plate for the whole thing, so she’s strong. Bunch of screws, so I am good. Ready to go. I was able to do all the testing and strength testing. I actually did better than I thought I would so I am happy

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/09/12/tj-oshie-is-basically-iron-man-now-i-got-a-lot-of-metal-in-my-body/

The Vancouver Canucks have signed restricted free-agent forward Brock Boeser to a three-year deal with an average annual value of $5.875 million, the team announced Monday. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

The Vancouver Canucks have signed restricted free-agent forward Brock Boeser to a three-year deal with an average annual value of $5.875 million, the team announced Monday. 

Short contract allowing the Wild to pay way too much for him in a few years. Well played Brock!

10 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Short contract allowing the Wild to pay way too much for him in a few years. Well played Brock!

I’d love for the Wild to sign him in 3 years. Just nothing over 5 years though. Still pissed they didn’t draft him. He was right in their backyard 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I’d love for the Wild to sign him in 3 years. Just nothing over 5 years though. Still pissed they didn’t draft him. He was right in their backyard 

You and everyone else in the upper Midwest. The short contract feels like a signal to the Wild that he wants to sign there next.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You and everyone else in the upper Midwest. The short contract feels like a signal to the Wild that he wants to sign there next.

Maybe Vancouver is just a little short on cash?!?;)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Follow the salary cap and you will see that Vancouver has little to no cap space. I am sure he wouldn't mind signing with the Wild but Vancouver isn't letting him go.