Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Before I assume, ... why are they unhappy? 

They think its to much money and he should be in the AHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t he like one of their top six or so scorers? What do they think they’ll get for that money instead? < sigh >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wasn’t he like one of their top six or so scorers? What do they think they’ll get for that money instead? < sigh >

Can't please Oiler fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wasn’t he like one of their top six or so scorers? What do they think they’ll get for that money instead? < sigh >

He finished tied for 9th among all forwards who played for Edmonton last year. Behind 5 more D, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He tied for 5th on the team in goals with 13. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dillon Simpson to Columbus

Rocco Grimaldi to Nashville

both two way deals.

Gotta think Staffird finds a spot somewhere..   

May be tougher for Chorney and Rowney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering about Zane's time in Providence (Boston.) I saw that Khudobin signed with Dallas and thought that would open the door for Zane to backup Rask. But Boston just signed Halak, so that's out. Stats weren't too bad last year. Maybe it's just a year or two early for him to get a shot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

Wondering about Zane's time in Providence (Boston.) I saw that Khudobin signed with Dallas and thought that would open the door for Zane to backup Rask. But Boston just signed Halak, so that's out. Stats weren't too bad last year. Maybe it's just a year or two early for him to get a shot? 

Zane 100% has to get out of the Bruins org to have even a sniff of the NHL again.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Zane 100% has to get out of the Bruins org to have even a sniff of the NHL again.

Look what happened when Subban finally got away from the Bruins. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 5:50 PM, cberkas said:

Can't please Oiler fans. 

He should have signed with the Canucks in the first place. Get to play with Brock and Stech, and probably get more ice, and a better chance to move up in the lineup......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KB67 said:

He should have signed with the Canucks in the first place. Get to play with Brock and Stech, and probably get more ice, and a better chance to move up in the lineup......

He's been on the PP with McDavid.

He's a second liner now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cberkas said:

He's been on the PP with McDavid.

He's a second liner now.

Yeah, oilers gave him every opportunity the last two year.  He went through his sophomore slump last year.  See how he does this year.  He wasn’t all that great his first two years of college either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen the obit yet, but there are tweets posted on the home page here that Adam Calder passed after a battle with cancer.  Member of the amazing 96-97 championship team....RIP Calds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Haven't seen the obit yet, but there are tweets posted on the home page here that Adam Calder passed after a battle with cancer.  Member of the amazing 96-97 championship team....RIP Calds!

Sad to hear, that was an awesome team he was on. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2018 at 10:48 PM, hky said:

I think he will.

Looks like he isn't. I am not surprised either, none of these guys NEED to bring it to GF. They all have other places to go to that deserve it more than people in GF do. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Looks like he isn't. I am not surprised either, none of these guys NEED to bring it to GF. They all have other places to go to that deserve it more than people in GF do. 

I agree.  Most of those guys are very kind in talking about their days in GF.  But they came from home communities that deserve to celebrate the cup with the players and their families. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×