SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Before I assume, ... why are they unhappy? 

They think its to much money and he should be in the AHL.

Wasn’t he like one of their top six or so scorers? What do they think they’ll get for that money instead? < sigh >

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wasn’t he like one of their top six or so scorers? What do they think they’ll get for that money instead? < sigh >

Can't please Oiler fans. 

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

He finished tied for 9th among all forwards who played for Edmonton last year. Behind 5 more D, too.

He tied for 5th on the team in goals with 13. 

Dillon Simpson to Columbus

Rocco Grimaldi to Nashville

both two way deals.

Gotta think Staffird finds a spot somewhere..   

May be tougher for Chorney and Rowney

Wondering about Zane's time in Providence (Boston.) I saw that Khudobin signed with Dallas and thought that would open the door for Zane to backup Rask. But Boston just signed Halak, so that's out. Stats weren't too bad last year. Maybe it's just a year or two early for him to get a shot?

6 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

Wondering about Zane's time in Providence (Boston.) I saw that Khudobin signed with Dallas and thought that would open the door for Zane to backup Rask. But Boston just signed Halak, so that's out. Stats weren't too bad last year. Maybe it's just a year or two early for him to get a shot? 

Zane 100% has to get out of the Bruins org to have even a sniff of the NHL again.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Zane 100% has to get out of the Bruins org to have even a sniff of the NHL again.

Look what happened when Subban finally got away from the Bruins. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2018 at 5:50 PM, cberkas said:

Can't please Oiler fans. 

He should have signed with the Canucks in the first place. Get to play with Brock and Stech, and probably get more ice, and a better chance to move up in the lineup......

26 minutes ago, KB67 said:

He should have signed with the Canucks in the first place. Get to play with Brock and Stech, and probably get more ice, and a better chance to move up in the lineup......

He's been on the PP with McDavid.

He's a second liner now.

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

He's been on the PP with McDavid.

He's a second liner now.

Yeah, oilers gave him every opportunity the last two year.  He went through his sophomore slump last year.  See how he does this year.  He wasn’t all that great his first two years of college either.

Haven't seen the obit yet, but there are tweets posted on the home page here that Adam Calder passed after a battle with cancer.  Member of the amazing 96-97 championship team....RIP Calds!

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Haven't seen the obit yet, but there are tweets posted on the home page here that Adam Calder passed after a battle with cancer.  Member of the amazing 96-97 championship team....RIP Calds!

Sad to hear, that was an awesome team he was on. :(

On 6/7/2018 at 10:48 PM, hky said:

I think he will.

Looks like he isn't. I am not surprised either, none of these guys NEED to bring it to GF. They all have other places to go to that deserve it more than people in GF do. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Looks like he isn't. I am not surprised either, none of these guys NEED to bring it to GF. They all have other places to go to that deserve it more than people in GF do. 

I agree.  Most of those guys are very kind in talking about their days in GF.  But they came from home communities that deserve to celebrate the cup with the players and their families.