SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

Boy did Tomek give up a softie on the game winner in the USHL playoffs against Fargo.  Played pretty well otherwise I thought from the highlights.

Hope he does okay in Omaha. 

On 5/6/2018 at 7:38 AM, Wilbur said:

Boy did Tomek give up a softie on the game winner in the USHL playoffs against Fargo.  Played pretty well otherwise I thought from the highlights.

Hope he does okay in Omaha. 

Maybe his green glove was a half an inch longer?  The red stuff hasn't been as good for him.  That goal was right in front of me, and he was visibly defeated when it went in. 

I found it interesting that he didn't play Friday night (Fargo route, don't let the 2 meaningless goals in the last couple minutes fool you into thinking that game was close), but he went in for the elimination game.  Obviously they believed in him.

2 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Maybe his green glove was a half an inch longer?  The red stuff hasn't been as good for him.  That goal was right in front of me, and he was visibly defeated when it went in. 

I found it interesting that he didn't play Friday night (Fargo route, don't let the 2 meaningless goals in the last couple minutes fool you into thinking that game was close), but he went in for the elimination game.  Obviously they believed in him.

Moe is an outstanding goalie...shocked they went with Matej when it mattered most.

if the caps win the cup does gersich get a ring ...even if he doesn't play another shift this postseason?

14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if the caps win the cup does gersich get a ring ...even if he doesn't play another shift this postseason?

I guess it depends on if the Caps want to, I’d say he gets a ring but not his name on the Cup. The Caps could ask the NHL to put his name on the Cup. 

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

He would need to play at least one game in the Final, not just the conference rounds.

He then would qualify for engraving, if not they could petition but most likely would not, 4 to 5 games played probably shouldn’t. I would think he gets a ring if they win even if he doesn’t play or dress again.

Everyone gets a ring, the receptionist at the practice facility gets a ring.

My prediction is that if Wash gets to the final he will play cause the Caps are thin and injuries mount, and let’s face it, suspensions are possible with a the heavy hitters they have, sometimes a half inch 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, burd said:

So, will Osh bring the cup to GF?

I think he will.

1 hour ago, jk said:

Probably the guy who stayed at UND longer than he had to by the greatest margin.  He was ready for a regular NHL shift that last year.  So, very glad he won it.

Amen!

"I remember going out there in mornings pretty religiously with Osh and Jonny, shooting pucks, doing skills drills," UND associate coach Dane Jackson said of the former linemates. "What a difference in personality between them. Jonny was focused and serious. Osh was working hard, but so playful and always having fun, laughing and smiling.

I guess that explains Oshie doing the "Beer Monster" at the Washington Nationals game when the camera man zoomed in on the team celebrating with the Stanley Cup.

Was home at lunch and the Washington Capitals Stanley Cup celebration was on NHL Network.  The team and staff were all up on stage and they were all introduced.  I thought it was interesting that Gersich was introduced.  Joe Beninati, the TV play by play announcer for the Caps, said (I'm paraphrasing) "From the campus of North Dakota to Stanley Cup Champion...not a bad way to leave college" or "not a bad couple of months"....something like that.

Two thirds of the DOT Line will have their names on the THE CUP. The other third has the Hobey Baker. Congrats boys.

46 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Caggiula signs a two year deal AAV $1.5 million and Oilers fans are not happy at all. 

Before I assume, ... why are they unhappy?