SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

14 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

It wasn't just my biased and selfish opinion wanting him to stay another year. He has all the potential in the world...he just wasn't ready to leave yet. 1 more would have done him wonders, 2 years would've done even more. He never really stuck out in any of the big games. Toooooo soon. We could've used him this year too 

While I agree he should've stayed another year, he definitely stuck out in the MSG game against BC and that Omaha game where he had that highlight reel goal late in the 3rd to get the sweep. 

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

While I agree he should've stayed another year, he definitely stuck out in the MSG game against BC and that Omaha game where he had that highlight reel goal late in the 3rd to get the sweep. 

Good examples, you're right on both of those. But I still think blended in more than he stuck out throughout the year.

3 goals in the final 8 games (including post season) doesn't really scream NHL ready. He'll get there, but I hope his early NHL arrival doesn't continue to hinder his potential. I see he got a goal last night, so I hope he can build off of that. Big success with team CANADA could give him a boost as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Top 10 NHL goalies: Save percentage (10+ GP)

Dell SJ .939
Vasilevskiy TB .933
Crawford CHI .933
Luongo FLA .928
Bobrovsky CLB .926
Quick LA .926
Rinne NSH .926
Subban VEG .924
Khudobin BOS .922
Andersen TOR .922

With how Subban is doing in Vegas, it’s time for Zane to get out of the Bruins system. 

The Sharks fans are worried that Dell will be gone next year.

8 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Unfortunately, injured his foot blocking a shot. Couldn't put any weight on it. Might be out for a bit.

How does that always seem to happen to our ex players. I know players get injured but t seems like it happens more often then not to ours, especially when they’re having a good season. Hopefully he scored enough points to stay ahead of the other rookies while he’s out!

10 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Caggiula got the game winning goal tonight, Edmonton beat St Louis 3-2

What's Caggs stats on the year.  Nothing great I assume (that's not a shot at him, just that I haven't seen anything on his numbers) but must not be too shabby?