SiouxSports.com Forum

2008/2009 season

4siouxnow

If Bagaason is healthy I suspect she would replace Beck at the 3 spot. Bergan should be point guard, with Guinn at the 4 spot and Alys at the 2. I think there are several players capable of getting the job done, but I think that is a solid line-up with good experience. Youngblut is good, but I don't think she's ready to start. She might benefit us more coming off the bench as a spark. All the other guards have at least 2 years of game experience under their belt and I think that will be vital to the line-up.

That sounds about right, with the possible exception of Guinn. I'm not sure she is full speed yet, so maybe Youngblut there. I hope Bergan will have her difficulties resolved by opener and she will be good to go. Almost the whole group has some physical challenges to overcome this season, but there are speedy and good defensive players on the bench to give resting minutes to the starters. :silly:

If Bagaason is healthy I suspect she would replace Beck at the 3 spot. Bergan should be point guard, with Guinn at the 4 spot and Alys at the 2. I think there are several players capable of getting the job done, but I think that is a solid line-up with good experience. Youngblut is good, but I don't think she's ready to start. She might benefit us more coming off the bench as a spark. All the other guards have at least 2 years of game experience under their belt and I think that will be vital to the line-up.

Just curious, but is this speculation or is it more or less a done deal, i.e. Guinn's position change?

That sounds about right, with the possible exception of Guinn. I'm not sure she is full speed yet, so maybe Youngblut there. I hope Bergan will have her difficulties resolved by opener and she will be good to go. Almost the whole group has some physical challenges to overcome this season, but there are speedy and good defensive players on the bench to give resting minutes to the starters. :silly:

I was not aware that Bergan was having any "difficulties" - are we meaning that she has an injury issue, too?

Just curious, but is this speculation or is it more or less a done deal, i.e. Guinn's position change?

I would believe this is speculation, and I'm not to sure about Bagaason, she hasn't played a game in almost 2 years, let's let her get her feet wet before we put too much back on her. Last years Freshman also came on nicely down the strech and I would expect to see more time from them, they could very well be in the mix. Corey Lof could be another 4 where the team is short players.

I think there will be alot of trial and error and tinkering with the line up this year, compared to last year when the same five started every game. The lineup may change depending on who we are playing and what the game plan is. Roebuck on Sioux Extra mentioned they may be playing more zone which we saw some of last year.

Informal Survey- How many ticket packages do you think will be sold this year? I've seen them ( UND marketing) beginning to push that season tickets for both the men and women for $100 pkg. Does anyone think it will be good, bad or other? I just feel that with the home schedule being what it is this year, I may just buy, game to game.

Informal Survey- How many ticket packages do you think will be sold this year? I've seen them ( UND marketing) beginning to push that season tickets for both the men and women for $100 pkg. Does anyone think it will be good, bad or other? I just feel that with the home schedule being what it is this year, I may just buy, game to game.

My thoughts - if you can afford to buy season tickets, you should do so! The Athletic Department needs the money and the teams deserve your support. It isn't their fault that scheduling was so difficult this year.

My thoughts - if you can afford to buy season tickets, you should do so! The Athletic Department needs the money and the teams deserve your support. It isn't their fault that scheduling was so difficult this year.

The home schedule isn't great there are no doubts about it, but overall the women have a very good schedule, and many of the road games hopefully will have return dates. $100 is still a great deal for the entertainment and great sport.

I believe official practice starts today !

Looks as if the Lamar Coach doesn't think the Sioux women will be too much to worry about, he already has himself playing Iowa State at the Cyclone Challenge.

"Our non-conference schedule is really going to prepare us for conference play," Tidwell said. "The four games against Big 12 opponents and starting a series with Louisiana-Monroe is important because these are good games to get us ready for Southland play."

They only have 3 other Big 12 teams scheduled so he is assuming they will play Iowa State. I hope our women can make him learn how his foot may taste.

• 2 weeks later...