SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

MIKE FINK - F - Waterloo - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Tri-City - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

USHL october 10th

BRUNETEAU ,2 goals and GLEASON ,2 PIM for Des Moines in 8-5 loss to KRISTO , (1 assist) and omaha

CICHY ,2 goals in 5-4 win for tri-city over sioux city

USHL october 11th

BRUNETEAU ,1 goal, 1 assist, GLEASON no stats in 5-4 loss to sioux falls

CICHY ,no points in 5-2 loss to KRISTO (1 assist) and Omaha

FINK , 1 goal in 4-3 loss to cedar rapids

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USHL october 10th

BRUNETEAU ,2 goals and GLEASON ,2 PIM for Des Moines in 8-5 loss to KRISTO , (1 assist) and omaha

CICHY ,2 goals in 5-4 win for tri-city over sioux city

USHL october 11th

BRUNETEAU ,1 goal, 1 assist, GLEASON no stats in 5-4 loss to sioux falls

CICHY ,no points in 5-2 loss to KRISTO (1 assist) and Omaha

FINK , 1 goal in 4-3 loss to cedar rapids

Great to see Bruneteau off to a good start this year. Also, hopefully Fink is fully healthy and will be able to be a major contributor this year for Waterloo. I envision him playing another year in the USHL.

Great to see Bruneteau off to a good start this year. Also, hopefully Fink is fully healthy and will be able to be a major contributor this year for Waterloo. I envision him playing another year in the USHL.

Just out of curiosity, why would you think that Fink would play another year in the USHL? I know he was limited in his games last year, but between the time from his first commitment and the number of forwards UND losses next year, I would think they would want to bring him in and get him adjusted to the level of play. Again, not criticizing your opinion, just wondering if you have information that I do not.

if we look at martens/miller together we lose one there, duncan, kozek, watkins graduate, and possibly vv leaves early (don't know, just speculation), that's at least 4, if not five forward spots to fill. now we do have an excess here, with two or three forwards sitting each weekend, so if they step in, then it may be only one or two openings to fill, which i'm guessing they would bring in two or three guys. i'd guess bruneteau and kristo are for sure, then a toss up with cichy and fink. maybe both come in? or possible future blue chip commitments step in there (we can hope :silly: ). what are the ages on fink and cichy? both fairly young yet i thought, so maybe and extra year of juniors for one or both wouldn't be the end of the world.

if we look at martens/miller together we lose one there, duncan, kozek, watkins graduate, and possibly vv leaves early (don't know, just speculation), that's at least 4, if not five forward spots to fill. now we do have an excess here, with two or three forwards sitting each weekend, so if they step in, then it may be only one or two openings to fill, which i'm guessing they would bring in two or three guys. i'd guess bruneteau and kristo are for sure, then a toss up with cichy and fink. maybe both come in? or possible future blue chip commitments step in there (we can hope :silly: ). what are the ages on fink and cichy? both fairly young yet i thought, so maybe and extra year of juniors for one or both wouldn't be the end of the world.

Cichy will be here for sure next year. He could have came in this year but he decided another year in the USHL would be better. He is probably one of the top forwards in the USHL this year. The only reason I think Fink would play another year is because he is still young(senior in high school) and didn't play all that much last year so unless he really turns it on this year I would expect him to play another year unless we absolutely need him next year due to numbers.

UPDATES

USHL

CICHY tied for 6th in USHL with 5-5=10 points. Lead his team (Tri-City) easily leads team in shot with 37, next at 21.

BRUNETEAU tied for 16th in USHL with 4-4=8 points. Tied for 2nd on his team (Omaha).

GLEASON leads all defensemen on his team in goals with 2. (Des Moines) Leads his team with a +4 rating.

KRISTO has 1-5=6 points in 9 games.leads team with 47 shots, next with 35.

FINK 1-2=3 points in 6 games.

USHL STATS

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro/scori...p;seasonid=3192

AJHL

MACWILLIAM 19 games played. 7 assists. tied for 3rd on team with 65 PIM (Camrose)

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

USHL WEEKEND UPDATES

KRISTO, 1 goal friday, no game saturday

CICHY, 2 assists friday, didnt play saturday (?)

BRUNETEAU, no points friday, 1 assist saturday

GLEASON, didnt play friday, played saturday

FINK,wednesday 2 assists, no game friday, no points saturday

Kristo goal and 2 assits in a 4-3 win over Mike Cichy and his 2 assists. Cichy is tied for league lead in points with 7 and Kristo and Bruneteau close behind with 5.

You guys are going to love this group. Cichy is fun to watch, I think Kristo is "the" guy in this group. Needs this USHL season and then he steps right in.

You guys are going to love this group. Cichy is fun to watch, I think Kristo is "the" guy in this group. Needs this USHL season and then he steps right in.

that's good to hear. do you get to see many of these guys at lancers games? we used to live across from the old aksarben rink and go to some games. don't they play somewhere else now?

that's good to hear. do you get to see many of these guys at lancers games? we used to live across from the old aksarben rink and go to some games. don't they play somewhere else now?

Because the Gophers are on TV most weekends, I haven't seen as much as I would like.

They play at the Mid-America Center. Lincoln is only an hour away from my house too.

Kristo had 2 goals in USA's win over Canada East yesterday. That is 4 points in 2 games for UND's recruits, not bad, not bad at all.

http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogspot.com/

Actually I believe Cichy had the 4th goal of the game so that would be 5 points?

Mike Cichy made it 4-2 just past the midway point of the period, which spelled the end of the night for Sirman, who was replaced by Andrew Hare.

Actually I believe Cichy had the 4th goal of the game so that would be 5 points?

Mike Cichy made it 4-2 just past the midway point of the period, which spelled the end of the night for Sirman, who was replaced by Andrew Hare.

Good catch, I actually didn't read the article all the way through just the first few sentences. I have been continually impressed with the current recruits this year. Lets hope they can continue their progress and stay healthy.

Cichy had a goal and an assist in the USA's loss to Germany yesterday. He was voted the USA player of the game.

From what I've heard Cichy has really improved this year. It's good that he didn't come in this year and decided to develop. When he gets here next year, he will be an immediate scorer.

From what I've heard Cichy has really improved this year. It's good that he didn't come in this year and decided to develop. When he gets here next year, he will be an immediate scorer.

so who comes in next year to guess? before people say wait a minute...its too early to talk about this im just wondering...im only counting seniors as of now leaving then maybe guys coming in........thanks to any help

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pq-...Z3kFg&gid=1

gone for sure

martens - kristo

miller - cichy

kozek - Bruneteau

watkins - danny mattson?? (or 2010 unless he graduates early right?)

duncan - fink ?? (or 2010)

finley - gleason

jones - macwilliam

walski - ?

so who comes in next year to guess? before people say wait a minute...its too early to talk about this im just wondering...im only counting seniors as of now leaving then maybe guys coming in........thanks to any help

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pq-...Z3kFg&gid=1

gone for sure

martens - kristo

miller - cichy

kozek - Bruneteau

watkins - danny mattson?? (or 2010 unless he graduates early right?)

duncan - fink ?? (or 2010)

finley - gleason

jones - macwilliam

walski - ?

I believe Danny Mattson is a senior at AHA this year, so he's eligible to come in next year. By watching him play, I this he's ready.

I don't know who comes in, but my guess is that Fink will stay in juniors another year if we can find someone more ready.

Fink's a good prospect, but he's been injury plagued and hasn't played very much. However, if they need another guy like Martens (a guy who is happy with intermittent playing time), Fink might come in. At least, that's my two cents.

Who knows.

I'm more interested in who comes in to replace Walski.

Also, expecting any freshman to come in and be an immediate scorer only makes hype that could disappoint. Not everyone is a Toews, Stafford, ZPar, or TZajac.

I'd expect Mattson and Kristo to come into Grand Forks and have similar starts to what we're seeing of Gregoire right now. Well, I'd expect that from Kristo anyways. Mattson, if he comes directly from high school, will have a slower start than Kristo (imo).

Oh, and our defense will be rough. Losing Jones and Finley is going to hurt and MacWilliams looks like he'll take some time in the box.

If you look at the USHL there are still a good number of players that have some good experience and are not committed. Check out this (all be it, biased source) but there are a number of 'A' players still looking for a home, both offense and defense. One would have to believe that UND would be appealing to any of those players.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...b_a.html?cat=14