SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

with the AJHL starting up on Friday lets get this years commited recruits thread rolling......

add any articles, info and stats regarding commited players here

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

Camrose Stats

NICK MATTSON - D

DANNY MATTSON- F

MIKE FINK - F - Waterloo - USHL

JOE GLEASON - D - Des Moines - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Chicago, 7th Rd, #192

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

MIKE CICHY - F - Tri-City - USHL

DANNY KRISTO - F - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the AJHL starting up on Friday lets get this years commited recruits thread rolling......

add any articles, info and stats regarding commited players here

ANDREW MACWILLIAM - D - Camrose - AJHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Toronto, 7th Rd, #188

Camrose Stats

NICK MATTSON - D - NTDP U18

DANNY MATTSON- F - Holy Angels - HS

BRETT BRUNETEAU - F - Des Moines - USHL - 2007 Draft pick of Washington, 4th Rd, #108

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

hockey is underway in the AJHL

andrew macwlliam with 2 PIM in 2-1 loss in AJHL season opener

DANNY MATTSON - F - Holy Angels - HS

DANNY KRISTO - F - Omaha - USHL - 2008 Draft Pick of Montreal, 2nd Rd, #56

DEREK FORBORT - D - Duluth East - HS

macwilliam picked up a cool 20 minutes of penalties 4 minutes into his 2nd game this season :lol:

http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey_boxSc...p;gameID=576959

This weekend is start of the Upper Midwest High School Elite League. Danny Mattson and Derek Forbort are the two sioux recruits playing in it this year. Anyone who lives in the Duluth area can watch Forbort (who plays for Team North) this weekend, and anyone who lives near Verona Wisconsin can watch Mattson (who plays for Team Southwest). Here is the schedule,

http://hselite.pucksystems.com/attachments...lite_Sched_.pdf

This weekend is start of the Upper Midwest High School Elite League. Danny Mattson and Derek Forbort are the two sioux recruits playing in it this year. Anyone who lives in the Duluth area can watch Forbort (who plays for Team North) this weekend, and anyone who lives near Verona Wisconsin can watch Mattson (who plays for Team Southwest). Here is the schedule,

Sweet....Thanks for the heads up on Forbort. I am going to watch his game tonight and will post some information on him if I can.

Thanks for the schedule! I'm in Wausau (or "Wausaw" as it reads in the schedule, lol) and I'll be sure to check it out in a few weeks.

This weekend is the second weekend of the Elite League. Anyone who lives in the Twin Cities can watch both of our recruits that are playing in it. Along with Mattson who is playing in the NAHL showcase in Blaine, it's a good weekend to get out and see three of our future players. The Elite League will take place in New Hope, here is the schedule,

macwilliam with 1st assist of the year for camrose, i dont think they have a good team. lets hope macwilliam brings dylan olsen along to UND :D

nick mattson stats

as brad mentioned on his blog the USHL is underway today

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

kristo with an assist today in loss

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/gamesheet_...l?gameid=784001

cichy playing today and has 1 assist so far

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/gamesheet_...l?gameid=784003

Brett Bruneteau and Joe Gleason play later tonight for des moines

not sure if mike fink is a little injured or just not in the lineup as he wasnt last night

nick mattson had 1 assist for usa u18 as they beat UAA thursday night 4-3

macwilliam has racked up 46 penalty minutes in 6 games. not a bad pace :silly:

In todays action in the USHL, Kristo had an assist, Cichy has 1 goal and 1 assist so far, on a side note, Forney scored a goal for green bay.

Siouxhockey5

will be interesting to see where he ends up, hope he can stay healthy as he obviously wasnt with UND but i dont mean to start up a forney conversation as he belongs in the former players thread now :silly: nice start for cichy!!

will be interesting to see where he ends up, hope he can stay healthy as he obviously wasnt with UND but i dont mean to start up a forney conversation as he belongs in the former players thread now :silly: nice start for cichy!!

It's good to see Cichy off to a good start. I think he will have a very good season and improve his draft status for next summer.

It's good to see Cichy off to a good start. I think he will have a very good season and improve his draft status for next summer.

i agree, anyone know when the last time we got a easT coast kid on our roster as he is from CT, i know miller is from georgia but i guess im referring to a boston area kid? i checked the rosters since 2000-01 and i didnt find any so maybe in the past

do you know the deal on fink, he hasnt played the first 2 games?? and he didnt exactly have a great year last year either but maybe a injury?

i agree, anyone know when the last time we got a easT coast kid on our roster as he is from CT, i know miller is from georgia but i guess im referring to a boston area kid? i checked the rosters since 2000-01 and i didnt find any so maybe in the past

do you know the deal on fink, he hasnt played the first 2 games?? and he didnt exactly have a great year last year either but maybe a injury?

Fink made a big jump last year. He only had one year of varsity high school experience. Aside from the injuries, I was informed that he wasn't given a very good chance in Waterloo last year. He was playing on a very good team with good depth (they went to the Clark Cup Championship last year). Hopefully this year he can improve.

The last time we had an East Coaster? Not American, but Brad Malone is an east coaster technically. He's from Eastern Canada. New Brunswick I think.

kristo and omaha opened their season with a loss to fargo. kristo had 6 shots in the loss friday, kristo and omaha lost saturday as well.

cichy with 1 goal and 1 assist in tri-city win friday over lincoln, also 1 goal saturday in 8-2 loss

BRUNETEAU with a assist and gleason with 1 goal in 8-2 saturday win for des moines

mike fink did play in waterloos 3-2 loss saturday

macwilliam and camrose are 2-9. seem to be pretty bad after having a great season last year.