Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

All the realignments that have been spun around here still result in the Summit being dead by NCAA rules, except the one by yours truly.  

Um, ... point of order. 

I've posted a long diatribe about how any one of four teams could leave the Summit and kills its autobid at the same time

But the Summit keeps whistling past the graveyard on this subject. 

The Summit needs to read the NCAA DI Manual, specifically 20.02.5.2 (b) and figure it out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The MVFC issue is settled so there is no reason to kick that dead horse. I agree we need to have the mindset that we win.   I believe most of our fans understand that. I wouldn't look 70 miles south. 

You've been waiting how long to let that out......? No one in Grand Forks is selling this game as anything but a body bag game while I seem to remember the Fargo media pumping up Valpo like they were

I think with how huge our alumni base is in the twin cities we could have a really good showing which could end up being a real shot in the arm for our football program. But I’m not much of a reaction

Posted Images

On 3/31/2019 at 6:11 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Looking at the list posted above, I'm not worried at all. Virtually all of Nebraska's non-conference games have been widely available for years, and the @ Big XII games (KSU, ISU) should have decent regional coverage for those of us in the central time zone.  SEC games (Mizzou) are usually on ESPN3 if nothing else.

Thanks. I recently relocated to Colorado from the central time zone so viewing may be a bit more difficult. Will definately be attending the Utah State game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TBR said:

Thanks. I recently relocated to Colorado from the central time zone so viewing may be a bit more difficult. Will definately be attending the Utah State game.

I have been able to see 95% of the games via some sort of streaming over the last few years. There is one I was not able to a couple seasons ago but I can't think of it right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Wyoming (2015) was not available on any stream since it is still 1947 in Laramie.

Well they did have to convert their entire A/V budget for 20 years to the Bohl Compensation GL line so not a surprise. I think there's an 8MM reel to reel version available if you have an in with the video crew.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in attendance at the 2015 Wyoming game. It was easily the most enjoyable football spectating experience I've experienced in my life. For that reason I really look forward to the FBS matchups. I think we have a shot against Utah State and Iowa State, maybe a couple others if the planets align favorably.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TBR said:

I was in attendance at the 2015 Wyoming game. It was easily the most enjoyable football spectating experience I've experienced in my life. For that reason I really look forward to the FBS matchups. I think we have a shot against Utah State and Iowa State, maybe a couple others if the planets align favorably.

Same. I recall a couple Wyo fans talking trash as we were waling into the stadium. I simply said "We'll see" and we certainly did!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Same. I recall a couple Wyo fans talking trash as we were waling into the stadium. I simply said "We'll see" and we certainly did!

John Santiago's coming out party, and what a party it was!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Same. I recall a couple Wyo fans talking trash as we were waling into the stadium. I simply said "We'll see" and we certainly did!

Ha they have nothing to talk trash about. A couple good seasons but they are still beatable every year by fcs schools.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ND1 said:

For 2020. We only have 10 games listed.  I assume we have an opener at home that is not listed ?

We should be fine with just 10 games.  In the MVFC 6 wins can get you into the playoffs, even if you aren't UNI.  ;-)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The PSU game being on 10/24 instead of somewhere in the first 3 weeks of the season isn't ideal but it looks like UND has KSU on 9/12 and PSU has Arizona on 9/5 and Oregon State on 9/19 so the typical OOC games don't match up due to FBS games. Would prefer a mid to late season bye instead of an early one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

There are 11 games for 2020.  Valparaiso, Kansas St., and Portland St are the OOC games.

Yeah, I thought we had Valpo on the schedule for 2020 on September 3 (Thursday).  Wonder why its not on the schedule on fightinghawks.com?  Odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The PSU game being on 10/24 instead of somewhere in the first 3 weeks of the season isn't ideal but it looks like UND has KSU on 9/12 and PSU has Arizona on 9/5 and Oregon State on 9/19 so the typical OOC games don't match up due to FBS games. Would prefer a mid to late season bye instead of an early one.

I agree no break through that schedule will be brutal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Wouldn’t it have been almost as simple to release four years of MVFC schedules as one.

Sounds like the next three years will be released this afternoon.  I'm curious if UNI will be a home game in 2021?

 

That feeling when you get to release three more years of MVFC schedules starting this afternoon 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Sounds like the next three years will be released this afternoon.  I'm curious if UNI will be a home game in 2021?

 

That feeling when you get to release three more years of MVFC schedules starting this afternoon 

If thats the case I will be making the trip up for UNI and NDSU that year!

Edit: It appears that we do not play UNI in 20 or 21. That's odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...