SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Everyone just waitagoshdarnedminute here. 

Valpo. Valpo? All this is about Valpo! 

You mean the very same Valpo that just gained admission to the much ballyhooed and sought after Missouri Valley Conference*? That Valpo? 

The Valpo that got a bid to the MVC over NDSU?

That Valpo? 

*not to be confused with the MV Football C. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

With the Big Ten now allowing FCS games again, a UND-Gopher game seems inevitable.  The Gophers have played all the Dakotas except us since DII days.

Big 10 states that during seasons when a Big Ten team has only four home conference games, it will be allowed to schedule an FCS opponent.  This will happen every other year.  For the Gophers, it is 2018, 2020, 2022, and every even year after that assuming they keep the every other year format.

So looking at both teams schedules, it looks like the first potential game for UND to play Minnesota is 2022. (We already play K-State in 2020 and it is pretty unlikely UND would schedule 2 FBS games that year.  

Alright Faison, time to make a call!!

4 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

With the Big Ten now allowing FCS games again, a UND-Gopher game seems inevitable.  The Gophers have played all the Dakotas except us since DII days.

Aren't we 0-20 lifetime against the Goofs? Would be nice to break that streak like the Bison and Coyotes did.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

With the 2019 non conference schedule already including tough games @NDSU and vs Sam Houston St, any chance we are looking at trying to get a FBS game? or are we probably just filling it with a home game of the mediocre opponent variety?

Maybe a Big 10 team like Minny, Wisconsin or Nebraska, since they are loosening their ban against FCS teams.

28 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

With the 2019 non conference schedule already including tough games @NDSU and vs Sam Houston St, any chance we are looking at trying to get a FBS game? or are we probably just filling it with a home game of the mediocre opponent variety?

Wouldn't consider those two games tough games in 2019 yet, that's two years away, the Bizon began to slip and may even slip and slide some more. I've thinking SDSU wins the MVFC this year. The BIG would be a very good addition for the 3rd OOC game.

14 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Wouldn't consider those two games tough games in 2019 yet, that's two years away, the Bizon began to slip and may even slip and slide some more. I've thinking SDSU wins the MVFC this year. The BIG would be a very good addition for the 3rd OOC game.

Of course things can change, teams have ups and downs, but you schedule games years out. My point mainly being that as of now has there been a tougher non conference FCS schedule, on paper, than 2019? I'm hoping for a FBS game for that year, a BIG conference opponent would be nice.  The FBS game money is really nice for the program and athletics in general, plus you have to have confidence in your team to compete against whoever you schedule. 

24 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Of course things can change, teams have ups and downs, but you schedule games years out. My point mainly being that as of now has there been a tougher non conference FCS schedule, on paper, than 2019? I'm hoping for a FBS game for that year, a BIG conference opponent would be nice.  The FBS game money is really nice for the program and athletics in general, plus you have to have confidence in your team to compete against whoever you schedule. 

If this is a 12 game year and we already have @ NDSU and Sam houston at home. My preference would be FBS game and another home game with a lower level FCS.

• Upvote 1