SiouxSports.com Forum

Jordan May

OldSchool

Best complete H.S. player in the "metro"/surrounding area this year...and it isn't even close. Shoots it deep, strong to the tin, drops dimes, boards well for his size and if need be can D up tight.

Sioux land Fargo North standout
The North senior signed with UND on Tuesday, becoming the fourth recruit the Sioux have landed in the last three weeks. UND could bring in as many as eight new players next season, its first as a Division I program.
May is one of two Fargo high school players high on the Sioux recruiting list. The other is Fargo South

Best complete H.S. player in the "metro"/surrounding area this year...and it isn't even close. Shoots it deep, strong to the tin, drops dimes, boards well for his size and if need be can D up tight.

Excellent H.S. player, no doubt. Whether he can guard a point guard at the next level will be a question. Body composition is a concern also but the kid is a baller. Reminds of Al-Amin kid from Mpls. who went to UConn.

Allard visits Cornell and then decides between UND and Cornell. He could be a good one also.

You may prefer May, and I'm glad he signed with us, but Allard is a perimeter player with great size & handles the ball well for a 6'6 guy- which is exactly what the sioux need while they make their way into DI. I think it would be a huge coup if we could get him to sign. Don't get me wrong- I'm happy with May and some of the other guys in this class but I think the factors of size, raw ability, and po-tential, I want Allard. The reality is... all these guys coming in have potential, but I really think Allard has that little extra.

• 3 months later...

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I was browsing Bisonville and one of their posters started a topic stating Jordan May is ineligible (academics?) to play for the Sioux this year. Has anyone heard anything on this...the poster did not provide a link? As a Freshman, how could he be academically ineligible if he hasn't started classes yet?

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I was browsing Bisonville and one of their posters started a topic stating Jordan May is ineligible (academics?) to play for the Sioux this year. Has anyone heard anything on this...the poster did not provide a link? As a Freshman, how could he be academically ineligible if he hasn't started classes yet?

It could be that he has not met the DI entrance eligibility requirements. I had not heard this - I obviously hope it isn't true!

It's not surprising that you would read that on Bisonville. The people on Bisonville spend a lot of their time talking Sioux Sports. They seem to be quite worried about UND.

He could be inelgible I don't really know if he is or isn't, but I really am not overly concerned about it, as I believe he was going to be red-shirted this season any way. If he is, in comparison to the Chappel situation he still has his red-shirt to use, which will be this year, and if indeed that would be the case, I'm sure that the efforts of the staff throughout his entire first year would be to get him on track, so that he would be ready to play and contribute by next year which would be the earliest in the plans anyway--if they already intended to red shirt.

He may not have the necessary grades in the core classes according to the NCAA Clearing House- which detemines the elgibility on each in-comming athlete. He may have qualified for entrance into school- but maybe had some tougher grades in some of the core classes that the Clearing House looks at.

Honestly, maybe this is true, but even then- not at all unheard of, or uncommon. But first, I would consider the source... on a bison board. More importantly, there are alot of pieces in place to help all our student athletes and students at UND.

He could be ineligible I don't really know if he is or isn't, but I really am not overly concerned about it, as I believe he was going to be red-shirted this season any way. If he is, in comparison to the Chappel situation he still has his red-shirt to use, which will be this year, and if indeed that would be the case, I'm sure that the efforts of the staff throughout his entire first year would be to get him on track, so that he would be ready to play and contribute by next year which would be the earliest in the plans anyway--if they already intended to red shirt.

He may not have the necessary grades in the core classes according to the NCAA Clearing House- which determines the elgibility on each in-comming athlete. He may have qualified for entrance into school- but maybe had some tougher grades in some of the core classes that the Clearing House looks at.

Honestly, maybe this is true, but even then- not at all unheard of, or uncommon. But first, I would consider the source... on a bison board. More importantly, there are alot of pieces in place to help all our student athletes and students at UND.

I don't know if it's true either, but he was to be red-shirted this season. NDSU would be quite familiar with players unable to play due to NCAA eligibility requirements, they currently have 4 football players unable to practice. NDSU fans will be all over this if it's true. While they have 4 athletes unable to practice no one on Sioux Sports has ever discussed it. Why? Because no one here cares. While the Bison care very much about what we do here. Even though they say they have moved on they can't get enough of us on their message boards. I truly wish they would move on!

I don't know if it's true either, but he was to be red-shirted this season. NDSU would be quite familiar with players unable to play due to NCAA eligibility requirements, they currently have 4 football players unable to practice. NDSU fans will be all over this if it's true. While they have 4 athletes unable to practice no one on Sioux Sports has ever discussed it. Why? Because no one here cares. While the Bison care very much about what we do here. Even though they say they have moved on they can't get enough of us on their message boards. I truly wish they would move on!

Matthew 7:3

It doesn't help that the herald and the media in GF do a terrible job in regards to having any stories that are negative in regards to Sioux athletics. Any time any athlete involved in Bison athletics gets into trouble, it's big time news. The Jordan May news is over 2 weeks old, it's just no one has actually taken the time to report the story.

I call BS! The media consistently drags UND athletes through the mud. They start drooling anytime they hear about a hockey player doing something as minor as littering! The thread on bisonville got locked down because the poster would not provide a source and he got his info from sources. If it isn't made official, how is the media supposed to report on it? I am pretty sure they reported on Chappell when he was found to be ineligible and I have no doubt they would have been falling all over themselves lining up to report on May. If anything, the media trys to make mountains out of molehills.

It doesn't help that the herald and the media in GF do a terrible job in regards to having any stories that are negative in regards to Sioux athletics. Any time any athlete involved in Bison athletics gets into trouble, it's big time news. The Jordan May news is over 2 weeks old, it's just no one has actually taken the time to report the story.

Do you have any clue what you're talking about? Without access to Jordan May's high school transcripts, how is it that anyone is supposed to "report" on this story? If UND hasn't released it, is the media supposed to run with rumors from an internet website? Unreal.

Don't you get embarassed posting this kind of stuff? I mean I recognize the terminal bitterness and endless obsession on the part of some Bison fans when it comes to UND (See Bison Dan, others), but do you not feel even a little bit petty or small-minded when you come here and attempt to smear or embarass young athletes simply based on their choice of schools? Even when you have NO facts? Awhile back we had a Bison troll trying to smear another athlete (again from Fargo -- or does that make it worse for you?) because apparently she wouldn't give him a date. Where does it end?

Where are your limits? Are you really an adult or still a 15-year-old? Get some perspective. Get some respect. Get a life. Move on.

Don't you get embarassed posting this kind of stuff? I mean I recognize the terminal bitterness and endless obsession on the part of some Bison fans when it comes to UND (See Bison Dan, others), but do you not feel even a little bit petty or small-minded when you come here and attempt to smear or embarass young athletes simply based on their choice of schools? Even when you have NO facts? Awhile back we had a Bison troll trying to smear another athlete (again from Fargo -- or does that make it worse for you?) because apparently she wouldn't give him a date. Where does it end?

Where are your limits? Are you really an adult or still a 15-year-old? Get some perspective. Get some respect. Get a life. Move on.

Time will tell won't it.

Time will tell won't it.

Tell what, Dan? Whether you are bitter and obsessed? The jury came in on that one a long time ago.

The point isn't whether a player has academic issues; hell, that happens everywhere. (See Bisonville for hourly updates - but, of course, the NCAA is to blame). The issue is with trolls so consumed by a (former?) rivalry that they gleefully go after individual student athletes.

Criticize coaches if you feel you must; they at least get paid. Ridicule fans like me -- I'm all for taking a shot at the AC and I'm stupid enough to post on a board, too. Athletes are 18- and 19-year-old kids. When they are the focus of your hate, it's obvious you've lost all perspective. Amazingly common among Bison trolls and Bisonville posters. It's pathetic. It should stop.

Time will tell won't it.

Let me get this straight. If what is being rumored ends up being true, this somehow vindicates your attacks on an 18 year old kid that hasn't even stepped on campus yet? And your actions are justified because he's going to play a sport at UND? What the hell is wrong with you?