SiouxSports.com Forum

Dalute Series

dagies

Hope after all the perusing the Sioux play a game worth watching. Expecting they will.

I tell this has been a tough season to watch/stomach after watching the last 5 seasons. But I realize most programs don't have that many good years in a life time of their programs. Where spoiled here in Grand Forks. We are the NHL version of the Detroit Red Wings. Titletown...

I mean really I was used to a team down by five able to get back into the game. Except we don't have a Jeffie Panzer, Lee Goren or Jason Blake anymore, sounds like we might get that type of player with a ZACK attack though. I seen flashes of this concept reamerging though 4 goals scored in the 3rd Period against Minnesota, 4 goals score in the third period of the C.C. game...

Of course we are spoiled here as fans of UND.  Most programs never acheive the level of success we have enjoyed for nearly 25 years (plus those years in the 60's).

Then again, we have one of the most profitable programs and we definitely have the best facilities in the nation.  I wonder if ANY other program offers a coach a cool MILLION to finish his contract?

We at UND are very demanding (me especially = huge brat), but that is what we SHOULD be expecting as fans if we want this program to lead the nation in championships.  Nothing less will do!

I tell this has been a tough season to watch/stomach after watching the last 5 seasons. But I realize most programs don't have that many good years in a life time of their programs. Where spoiled here in Grand Forks. We are the NHL version of the Detroit Red Wings. Titletown.

This season has been bad, but quite frankly I was completely surprised we made it to the Title game last April, so this type of finish and let down may have been a bit overdue.  However, this season is nothing like Gasparini's last couple of seasons when there was little or nothing on the horizon.  At least now we have a solid core of players who will be around next season and some good talent coming on board.  Let the others get their licks in now, we are coming back, with a vengence.  :)

Beware, though.  Whenever the games are on channel 6, they can never seem to start them on time!  Especially Friday nights.  The Michigan Tech series was the last time they had the games on Channel 6, and the feed didn't pick up until there was about 12 seconds left in the first period, so you missed the first 5 UND goals and first Tech goal.  Saturday night they managed to start on time.  It's frustrating.  I would try to pick up one of those student tickets if I were you.