SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late post but just wanted to chime in and say that I was fortunate enough to be in attendance at the Saturday night game. What a game and what an atmosphere. As for the extra curricular activities, it was just two hated rivals going at it hard. It must have been frustrating for the players to have that game end in a tie, both teams wanted it so bad. Got a chance to party with some of the ND faithful after the game, I think you guys emptied out the state for that one. Even though my boys (the Gophers, sorry) didn't come out on top it was still an awesome night of hockey. Already lining up some tickets for a game at the Ralph. Have a friend whose pop has season tickets. Can't wait to go to the shrine of college hockey.

BTW, praying for the Gophers to come on strong after this series and make the Final 5. If they do, I have already made plans to be in attendance for that inevitable game against the Sioux. That would not be one to miss.

What Calls should've been made: Sioux: Malone 5 minutes on a roughing major and 10 minute misconduct for 3rd man in.

There is no five minute major penalty for roughing. There is no NCAA rule on third man in. You're right, WCHA refs do suck. You can't even get the rules right sitting at your computer. I hope your skating is better than your rule interpretation.

He MNman, I wasn't interpreting the rule book. I know there is no third man obligatory rule, but being 3rd man in warrants a misconduct call IMHO. As for not being able to give a roughing major. Why not? Typically they might give out a double minor for roughing, but I was looking to make it 5 and 5 for both Malone and Peltier. I've seen 5 minute majors for other calls i.e. high-sticking. Why not call it a major rough? I thought you could give a 5 minute major for any infraction that warrants it in the opinion of the officials. My case was simply to try and even it up as best you could given the circumstances. Certainly Peltier warranted more than two minutes.

How was the procedure? The misses and I are "discussing" it . . . :)

Not bad at all. "It wasn't child birth" was what I heard. :lol: Only was on the DL for the Fri. UAA game. Played in a little pain on Saturday's UAA game. The up and down cheering was not probably the best therapy that Sat. night. :)

By the way, still have some left over split pea soup if anyone is interested? :0