Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peltier and Drewiskie=Twins

Indeed.

Funny how both of them made similar comments about the Sioux being cheap, and yet both of them were cheap in the game before they made the comments.

Peltier with his punching the smallest Sioux player.

Drewiskie with his cross checking of Oshie after TJ scored.

:lol:

There's little more left to lose, with the kohunas already missing :D

I need you to swing by my office and clean my computer screen. :lol: We need to develop an acronym for posts which "May Cause Soda Spewing" but MCSS doesn't really cut it.

Peltier said he would like to see North Dakota again in the playoffs. "That would be awesome," he said. "We owe them a little bit."

1. They might see the Sioux in the playoffs, but the Gophers will have to play Thursday at the X for that to happen;

2. I doubt the Gophers really want to see UND again; and

3. I think the Sioux will gladly accept whatever payback Peltier is talking about. :lol:

I thought the rule at the F5 was regardless of where the Goofs are in the standings, the ALWAYS play Friday night. :D

Found this on a link from Brad's Blog:

ESPN

"While the triumvirate of McLeod, Shepherd and Adam sorted out what ended up being 93 penalty minutes being assessed after the game had ended, both sides shook off the youth-gone-wild exhibition as little more than escalated emotions that were to be expected when heated (read: hated) rivals get reacquainted."

Someone can answer this for me:

Is it common protocol, or even within the rules, to have someone besides the referee and AR's determine what the penalties are? You might as well throw a fan in there to sort it out if that's the case. It just seemed a little odd to me.

Found this on a link from Brad's Blog:

ESPN

"While the triumvirate of McLeod, Shepherd and Adam sorted out what ended up being 93 penalty minutes being assessed after the game had ended, both sides shook off the youth-gone-wild exhibition as little more than escalated emotions that were to be expected when heated (read: hated) rivals get reacquainted."

Someone can answer this for me:

Is it common protocol, or even within the rules, to have someone besides the referee and AR's determine what the penalties are? You might as well throw a fan in there to sort it out if that's the case. It just seemed a little odd to me.

The WCHA and its officials just makes stuff up as it goes along. Why not I guess.

Notice how no more suspensions came about as result of the hand shake.

The WCHA and its officials just makes stuff up as it goes along. Why not I guess.

Notice how no more suspensions came about as result of the hand shake.

But rumour has it that UND has to buy Wheeler a new set of Breezers because he ruined his after Finley grabbed him.