SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers, Saturday Night Game Thread

dagies

and the biggest bunch of losers ever! records are meant to be broken, what a bunch of tools

By definition, they are not losers. It was a little tiring though, to listen to Mercury talk about living in "Perfectville" or whatevertheheck he called it. I'd much rather listen to Don Shula, Tsonka et al talk about having a perfect season than Belichek and Randy Moss. Those are real tools.

I agree - Morris had little to do with their perfect season - it was Tsonka & Kick

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the MTU band at a Final Five and they were fun!! The team wasn't playing but I think the band was asked to come and participate.

This is all I know of UW's band,

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2623998

I know nothing about the Wisco band, but I sat right behind the Tech band two years ago at the Final Five. As Sioux-Cia said the Tech team wasn't playing, but the band was great and they were having a blast. It was a hoot to sit behind them. Not only did they play fun stuff, they had a lot of great cheers and one liners. I wish I could remember them. Guess I'm getting old.

Just watched the replay of Sats. game and it makes me smile every time Lucia or and other coach says when the Sioux come to town you better strap them on tight because the Sioux bring it. :lol:

That should be taken as a badge of Honor. :D I just re-watched the finger gate and Chay Genoway is one intense player.

Yeah, but seriously, I'd love to be annoyed by a band like the MTU Hockey band. They are what UND's version wishes to be.

I am not sure we have enough smart engineering students. :lol: They probably have one of the highest GPA's of any band in the country...

I am not sure we have enough smart engineering students. :D They probably have one of the highest GPA's of any band in the country...

I love the chant they had when they were consistantly at the bottom of the league and couldn't win a game to save their soul. When the other team would score they would yell:

"That's all right. That's OK, You'll all work for us one day!!!" :lol:

UW's band is one of the best in the country, but isn't it's shining moment in hockey games. It's known more for it's football games and even b-ball.

Yeah, I go to quite a few Badger football games, and the band is one of the best parts of the games. I wasn't sure if the hockey band is the same kids as the football band...or if they are like a "junior varsity" band, working their way up.

A nice reminder from Dave that there was actually a meaningful hockey game played, too.

I posted this under the article as well...

Nice article Dave, in rivalry we tend to celebrate the disdain for each other more than the respect earned by two top notch programs. Thanks for concentrating on the reason we were all there and watching, the hockey.

I posted this under the article as well...

Nice article Dave, in rivalry we tend to celebrate the disdain for each other more than the respect earned by two top notch programs. Thanks for concentrating on the reason we were all there and watching, the hockey.

Here I thought Dave K surfaced!!!!

He probably jumped on the Brown and Yellow Band Wagon after last weekend!!!

It is a nice article. I do want to comment on the shots on goal stat. I think that it tells some of the story, but no where near all. A great scoring chance where you hit the crossbar is not considered a shot on goal by the statisticians, so you can have a high-quality, fully-executed scoring chance resulting in no shot on goal. Conversely, a clearing attempt that finds its way to the goalie counts as a shot on goal. Also, a team on the penalty kill for 7 minutes of a first period is ALWAYS going to be outshot for that period.