SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The word you were looking for is "caffeinated".
  3. joelax

Jerseys

Thanks. If I've learned nothing else from this forum, it's definitely been that! I mentioned it above, but I typically vet the sellers by if their feedback and/or what else they've sold. It seems like the people selling counterfeit jerseys are primarily doing jerseys. Whereas other guys like this seem to be selling stuff that were legitimately made by the brand for a school. But @southpaw was able to give me a name for it "trial jersey" and "sample sale". So these items are sort of in that gray area in between.
  4. MafiaMan

Jerseys

Just be wary should the seller be shipping the item from China, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc.
  5. joelax

Jerseys

Thanks! so is this how a lot of this type of stuff winds up on eBay? you'll see the same sellers have a bunch of the same brand of stuff - be it Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, etc.
  6. UNDBIZ

2020 FB Recruiting

Looks like we received 4 or 5 commits in the week after the first camp, but we didn't have any before the camp. Had 7 commits by mid-July.
  7. Does anyone remember how many commits we got from our first elite camp last year? I figured we’d get more than one from the first camp. Perhaps the second will be more lucrative.
  8. Today
  9. MafiaMan

Jerseys

Hopefully someone in Grand Forks doesn't buy the version with the full hawk logo on the front -- he or she is likely to be tarred and feathered outside of REA if they're seen wearing it inside the rink.
  10. And without the great and powerful undrafted Caggiula on that team, North Dakota doesn't sniff a national title that season.
  11. No, but @Oxbow6 gets that a lot. I can certainly see the resemblance.
  12. This has taken a while longer than I'd hoped (house situation hasn't helped), but I was finally able to pick up the mystery raffle prizes last week. Raffle will be held on July 1st and winners will be announced that day. Still taking entries between now and then. Paypal information will be sent out shortly via PM. Scott
  13. They're not exactly fans of you either, @Goon
  14. Well when you have like fifty player recruiting classes you're bound to land some good players and you can weed out who you do/don't want. This won't be the first year that an incoming class has had high expectations for Granato though and it has yet to work out. Not saying it won't ever work out with Granato in Sconnie but I am in "I'll believe it until I see it" mode until those highly touted classes turn out the expected results. But like I've said in other threads, I don't understand how Wisconsin lands all these huge recruiting classes. At some point you'd think the kids/parents would look at their class on paper and ask "where do I fit in?" and start bailing.
  15. https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/2725005-Number-of-NHL-draft-picks-on-UNDs-roster-is-on-the-rise The natty team had 13. And that was the lowest since 08-09.
  16. Maybe the Title IX folks need to take a trip 70 miles south of UND.
  17. I mean, the ratio of scholarships makes sense when your see their participation rate is 65.4% to 34.6%. Pretty much in line with the student enrollment of 55.3% to 44.7%, right?
  18. Here is why using a single year as a data point to show whether a sport is "fully funded" or not isn't all that accurate as just because it is available, doesn't mean a coach is going to use it (which you alluded to in previous comment). Looking at NDSU, using your methodology, it would show that MBB (90%, 12.6 out of 14) and MG (81%, 3.6 out of 4.5) along with WBB (84%, 12.6 out of 14), VB (78%, 9.4 out of 12) and WS (92%, 12.8 out of 14) weren't "fully funded" in 2017-18. In fact NDSU reported only giving out 91.4% of maximum available scholarships to females. Now I'm not saying those sports aren't fully funded, but just pointing out the hole in how you presented UND's numbers. NDSU left somewhere around 10.4 scholarships on the table for 2017-18. Total scholarships given out in 2017-18 for NDSU was $4.7 million scholarships with $2.9 million to males and $1.8 million to females. The only sports that wouldn't be considered "fully funded" at UND right now (90%+ of possible scholarships given out) are MGolf (32.4%, 1.5 out of 4.5) and MTrack (63%, 7.8 out of 12.6) and technically MT (84%, 3.8 scholarships out of 4.5 possible) because its less than 90%, but they are 3/4's of a scholarships from being at 100%. All UND women's sports gave out over 90% of available scholarships. Also fair to note that UND is still paying some scholarships for athletes who had their sports cut, funds that will be able to be diverted once those obligations are completed. Given that and considering UND is around 8-9 scholarships from being "fully funded" out of around 200 maximum available scholarships, I think the talking point that UND isn't funding its sports is a pretty weak argument and nothing but an old talking point (and clearly the original poster who brought it up is absolutely clueless in the details, but I'm sure he heard it in the tailgate lot or something so it must have been true). For comparison purposes, overall UND paid out $5.2 million in scholarship for the 2017-18 school year, with $2.9 million to males and $2.3 million to females with the total being $559K more than NDSU. -source for these numbers are the 2017-18 NCAA financial reports, prepared and submitted by each school
  19. After the Robbins’ comments, is it safe to say Ndsu athletic programs are fully ‘roided?
  20. southpaw

Jerseys

As an adidas employee, the tagging is consistent with products made as a trial jersey. Likely, part of the recent "sample sale" held at the main offices throughout the world. That means he probably paid $10 for it and that it is high enough quality to be seen in public but not what is actually selected by the school. Should be 2-3 more unapproved designs floating around the US somewhere.
  21. I was already typing out an update when you posted that.
  22. Here we go. These are most of the numbers from last year(2018-2019 season / FY2019). Significant improvement, but several sports still not fully funded. 100% MIH FB MBB WBB WT&F VB 85+% WSoc WG SB WT - 94% <85% MT - 83% MT&F - ? MG - 33% https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4438530-year-after-cutting-sports-und-athletics-adjusting-slimmer-budget
  23. As of July 1, 2018 WT&F is at 100%. MT is at 83% WT is 94%. This took less than 30 seconds to find. "Men's tennis went from no scholarships in 2017 to a scheduled 3.75 for 2019. Women's tennis went from roughly 4.5 in 2017 to 7.5 in 2019, while women's track and field/cross country went from a little more than 14 in 2017 to 18 in 2019." https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4438530-year-after-cutting-sports-und-athletics-adjusting-slimmer-budget
  1. Load more activity