SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not much different than paying $9 or $10 for a beer at the Ralph or higher at other sporting venues never been thru a coffee drive up and haven’t bought a beer at a sporting event for years
  3. UND playing the second game today?
  4. Real excited to play him at least twice next year…..
  5. You don't have to be on the honor roll to be eligible. Most schools have it set up so that if you've been awarded an Alston award, do the bare minimum (i.e.: stay eligible and don't get in trouble) and are still in school when the cutoff date is, you'll receive it.
  6. Surely they read the pundits and had a pretty good idea what was coming. Now if it'd been BC or RIT, not Mich, you'd likely see a reaction.
  7. I'm not sure excited is a reaction to look for? Its another game with another good team. It's probably all business.
  8. Today
  9. Well, so far not one of the teams I wanted yesterday won. For that matter, not one of the games at the "X" went the way I wanted either. Things gotta be better today, right?
  10. Did anyone watch the latest "Through these Doors"? UND didn't look too excited when they announced they would get Michigan in the tournament. Hope they play with more swagger than they showed in that clip. Of course, they probably weren't in a good mood to begin with, being they had lost to Omaha a few days earlier.
  11. I wonder if Grant Nelson regrets hitting the transfer portal?
  12. The intensity and speed exhibited in the recent games were exemplary, qualities I earnestly hope the UND will emulate. Observing the tournament teams, a few strategies stood out: aggressive play for puck control, swift puck clearance from defensive zones with minimal passes, precise tape-to-tape passing, effective zone entries, and strategic stick placements to intercept or poke the puck—UMass demonstrated exceptional skill in this regard against DU. Solid goaltending was, as always, a cornerstone of success. For UND’s upcoming game, adopting these tactics is crucial, especially against Michigan. Without them, we risk being quickly overpowered. It’s also vital to minimize penalties; giving Michigan any advantage could be costly. My hope rests on UND bringing their best game this weekend, distancing themselves from the lackluster performances observed over the past month, Miami series notwithstanding. In that series, it appeared Miami was eager for the season to end, which doesn’t fully reflect on UND’s capabilities. Let’s hope for the resurgence of the dynamic UND team we know and support.
  13. I don't think he was getting any of the available $$$ for grades here.....
  14. If I'm 7-0 going into tonight the boys may be switching the zero gravity beds into off-season mode.
  15. Gotta hand it to Omaha. They proved they were legit
  16. Heaven help us all if that doomsday scenario comes to fruition.
  17. Done with him, he leaves after great support from UND his freshman year, sits for two years, grovels back, then leaves again. Really have to wonder what kind of an education he is getting for his future. Seems to be all about him.
  18. I don’t think BU was all that impressive either. Super top heavy. Gophs will expose that.
  19. Wonder if it will be enough to surpass Alston and FCOA that he was getting here?
  20. Or Denver as the team who would hot goalie someone to win.
  21. Not so crazy crazy thoughts for Friday: - MTU has a goalie. That's not enough. BC hangs at least a handful. - Bucky has a goalie, but Q in their backyard ... first goal wins. You don't want to be chasing in this one. - Western comes out devil-may-care flying and stuns Sparty. - 2.5 penalties. UND goes over that and it's a long night.
  22. Who had the Gophers as the counter-punching capitalize on your errors team.
  23. Bingo. Survival mode with cable cutters. Cable will have a short lifespan. You will have internet and 4 or 5 apps. ESPN+, MidcoSports+, no hockey app for me or twins, CBSsports. Maybe one other. No more midco. Sign of the times.
  24. I'm looking forward to the new wrinkles in our offense. fingers crossed on defense improvement.
  25. Was NOT impressed with BU. And, I thought it was the Mavs game. Outplayed the rodents for long stretches, made some very costly mistakes. Especially the second goal. I had just stated to my wife ‘can’t do that!’ (On the failure behind the net) and *boom* in the back of the net!!!
  1. Load more activity