SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well yah they were based on an amateur model. At this point the NCAA has no power whatsoever. They are just along for the ride when it comes to D1. The SEC and Big 10 are calling the shots behind the scenes.
  3. Yesterday
  4. They fought any payment to players and loaded on money. Only the very big school maintain in this insane situation. Follow the money.
  5. How would this situation be the NCAA's fault?
  6. They stayed in Arizona longer than I thought they would
  7. Didn’t realize he was a former player
  8. And every bit of this is on the NCAA. Greed and control.
  9. Well that’s certainly…a step.
  10. Agreed that pt total would be good. If he can match his total from last year….that would be great
  11. While green banners are obviously the "most" memorable seasons, they are certainly not the only seasons that we remember. I fondly remember the 1997-1998, 1998-1999, 2000-2001, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2007-2008, 2010-2011, 2014-2015, 2019-2020, and 2020-2021 runs. They didn't end with national titles, but they were great seasons. Also, people are constantly bringing up Denver. No doubt the Pios are on a run. But they are quick to forget the Pios "awful" stretch between 2005 and 2016. 10 seasons. 0 National Titles. 0 Frozen Fours. 2 Regional Finals in 8 NCAA Tournaments (2-8 overall record). 2 missed NCAA Tournaments. As others have said, these things are cyclical. Michigan had a historical run in the late '40s / early '50s (6 titles in 9 seasons). DU had a historical run in the late '50's / '60s. (5 titles in 12 seasons). Wisconsin had a historical run in the '70s / early 80's (4 titles in 11 seasons). BC had a historical run in the '00s / early '10s (4 titles in 12 seasons). DU may currently be in the midst of another historical run (which, I guess I'm defining as 4 titles in 12 or fewer seasons). One of the unique things about North Dakota's history, is that we have not had such a historical run, but we have been the most consistent program in college hockey history. Our time atop the mountain will come again. And if history repeats itself, that time will likely be sooner than some of us believe.
  12. Then what I saw must've been wrong- my mistake
  13. look at these nosy parkers on here.....how dare they?
  14. i guess the above posters beat me to it.............isn't the whole point of the NIL is to show much deep your pockets are? shouldn't that pic say Jackson Kunz...slightly above average grinder making 50k working with the 1883 NIL collective? pretty sure that in the next few years every athletic program will "advertise" their NIL dollars on their webpage... heck you might even have player bios being, name, position, hometown, height, weight, and NIL value on und.com
  15. This past season? Dawson was at way more than 65K, he was at 300K. Despite never even entering the portal Garcia had a 700K offer from Gonzaga a couple weeks ago but opted to stay at Minnesota for a couple hundred thousand less.
  16. What are we talking about? Losing that mental edge after clinching the Penrose Cup. The letdown that happens after an emotional weekend sweeping Western Michigan and celebrating with the hometown fans. It's like the team was emotionally and mentally wiped after that. They went 2-4 after clinching the NCHC regular season title, with both wins against one of worst teams in the short history of the NCHC. An old adage is that "80% of sports is from the neck up". Some people would say "that's just not true", but I think it is. Talent alone isn't enough. Or we can just tell Jordan Schmaltz that he doesn't know what he is talking about and pretend that everything is fine.
  17. Parise to retire after playoffs
  18. Back in 2011, @redwing wrote this blog post on Goons World and it kind of seems like we've been here before. Some of the same themes have reappeared. Well this theme sure hasn't reappeared around UND the last 8 years.
  19. The history being we need a new coach to get over the hump?
  20. Green banners are what people remember in the long run. Whether or not that is healthy or positive is debatable. What is not debatable is that a program's national reputation and profile is closely linked to winning NCAA titles. When Denver wins 3 titles and we cannot even make the national semifinals during the same time period, that is detrimental to our program. Bemidji State was thrilled winning the McNaughton Cup. Michigan Tech was thrilled winning the CCHA autobid. UND's ambitions and expectations are and should be much higher.
  21. Yes, I agree with that if you are removing the NC drought from the conversation.
  22. Hak's time at HC could not be fairly described as a period of decline. His record was exceptional, even compared to Gino and Dean. He didn't win a banner, and that is the only metric some fans apply, but he was one the best program coaches UND has had.
  1. Load more activity