SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. These projects should be done in conjunction with each other! Just such a huge wasted opportunity for both parties if they aren't...
  4. Would be a huge shame if North Carolina doesn't work with the club hockey team to build an ice sheet as part of this project. Fit's perfectly with what they're looking for as a potential ancillary project with their new basketball facilities/arena. A multi purpose arena with decent capacity could work great for some womens bb games, as well as hockey, too. No reason for the school itself not to be involved with building a hockey arena, which would clearly benefit their students and community. Hopefully someone like JLG got involved... not sure if the winner of the RFP was announced yet or not. https://facilities.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/256/2024/02/240207-arena-site-planning-study-rfq.pdf Given the movement the club hockey program has started toward building their own arena, and the demand for local ice time, I can't think of a potential development that would better meet the demands of the local market while being in balance with the University's needs.... This isn't really even about the potential for NCAA hockey - it's just a joke if UNC doesn't acknowledge the needs of their students and local community. The club program alone has clearly shown that they NEED an arena, and they have also shown that they have community support, and the demand for local ice time is crazy right now, which is what makes it economically viable for a club hockey program to spearhead the construction of a new arena.
  5. Don’t disagree. Do we have any one that will actually take the top off the defense (if a QB can get it there too)? I know Caden Dennis is supposed to be that guy. Nate D too? Bo and Tai are more of the slot type guys, right? I suppose they’re both talented enough where they could too. Hakim going to be ready?
  6. And throw the ball further than 3 yards in the air
  7. I hope our qbs will be able to run and scramble for 1st downs and keep the opponents guessing this year
  8. Actually I think there are a number of teams that have moved to more of a 3/4 defense - one of them was YSU. I can't recall the others. But, teams are moving toward this approach because of the read option and running QBs.
  9. Bubbas stuck in 1995. The rest of us are in 2024!
  10. The second crappiest rink in Fargo behind Angels Arena. Not the best recruiting tool.
  11. David Quinn fired by the Sharks
  12. It's the perfect size for a Men's team. I'm sure they could add on or something, but I was mainly looking to see how much thought they put into the club facilities, because if they were decked out it could have been a tell that they were at least planning ahead, just in case.. Edit: @SIOUXFAN97 On the bright side, I just read an article that says an FPHL team is moving into the building instead of an ECHL team. If Georgia wanted a program, I'm guessing the FPHL team would be 10x easier to move, compared to a ECHL team, which it appears they were hoping/planning for. A D1 team could then theoretically move into the "pro" dressing rooms there.
  13. Owner of Hoist hockey in South Fargo, it is a hockey training facility with all kinds of toys. Believe his kids play in the Angels Program. Rumor has it he is taking over the H.A. Thompson rink in North Fargo, and the Bizen will play games there, as they currently play in Moorhead. I'd imagine if he got a Tier 1 team they'd play out of that arena as well.
  14. Questions about Midco. Are they televising home games 2024-25 season? When does their contract expire?
  15. with the money they have this could be a women's arena (d1) or just a practice facility down the road with a bigger/better arena later?
  16. Can confirm. Had the burrito, gigantic and fantastic.
  17. I found the floor plans for Georgia's new arena (zoom in on page 2). Judging by the team space for the club, it doesn't appear that NCAA D1 hockey has crossed anyone's mind, unfortunately. The ECHL space looks like it would be barely passable. Maybe they have areas where they could expand team space, and I'm not sure when these plans were made or if they have since changed, but for D1 hockey in Georgia, we better hope the club team can sell out the building. https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9rpb9r0485993f/081722_ASI 014_CLASSIC CENTER_SIGNAGE PACKAGE- BASIS FOR QUESTION%233_PW Comments.pdf?e=1&st=f291lnh2&dl=0
  18. friend of mine just said the burrito was huge....
  19. Like Qdoba use to be? Or maybe my hands are just getting bigger.
  20. I’m thinking of the 3/4 defense, seems like he is stuck on that, good or bad , no tight end use
  21. He’s announced. He did not want to come back to North Dakota
  22. has hurlburt announced he's for davidson yet like sd says? if not can bonzer and holth get him some more money and change his mind? 2 for 1 long islands tonight at bonzers to raise some money
  23. sounds like the portions are on the big side.
  1. Load more activity