SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. mikejm

Make REA Fun Again...

I _may_ hold the record for being ejected and re-admitted to the old Ralph: three times out and four times in for me during one game!
  3. mikejm

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

The Eagles average over 5200 per game in the Bud. I'm really happy to see the West Regionals placed in Loveland, as I'm moving there in a month.
  4. Goon

Shaw's gone.

Dude, I don't want the wrath of my sister on my ass. Bobby is going to Denver in the fall.
  5. tnt

COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

They have a ton of talent on this team, many that have set USA records, so the fact that he doesn’t play a ton isn’t surprising. Noticed he was out there short handed on a 5 on 3, so they must trust him to be responsible. I can see how the top guys set records, since they play all the time including when the game is well in hand. Putting them out on the power play with two minutes left with a game well in hand seems a bit much.
  6. Today
  7. UND99

Shaw's gone.

UND power play national ranking last four years: 2015-16: 21st (with a roster that included Boeser, Schmaltz, Caggiula, Stecher, Poolman, LaDue, Johnson, etc...) 2016-17: 30th 2017-18: 17th 2018-19: 52nd
  8. Sioux1988

COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

I've got the whole thing set to record on NHL Network, unfortunately I'm with family until Sunday night. I'm hoping I see a better game than you saw. I've read he's tough to play against. Wondering how many of the top players on the U18 team have aged out and how that affects where they put him in the lineup.
  9. CarpeRemote

Make REA Fun Again...

The DJ thinks it’s all about him. God forbid the crowd make some noise or enjoy the moment, instead blast them back into their seats. Colleges have bands, use them They do the same at Blue Jackets games. Never allow the crowd to get into the game. The sadist DJ thinks the crowd is incapable of being part of the game and blows he place up past jet engine decibel level at every single break. It literally wears you out. People bring ear plugs to the games.
  10. sioux rube

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

Top seeds won one game between them going 1-8. That’s nuts
  11. Hammersmith

University of North Dakota 2019-20 Season

You are correct; hockey is not a head-count(or full scholarship) sport. The only head-count sports are FBS FB, MBB, WBB, WGym, WVB & WTen. (Bylaws 15.5.2, 15.5.5 & 15.5.6). MIH is considered an equivalency sport like all the rest. However MIH has the additional requirement of no more than 30 counters(players receiving any amount of scholarship). So 18 scholarships split over 30 student-athletes, much like 63 scholarships over 85 student-athletes in FCS FB. The applicable bylaw is 15.5.7, and it hasn't changed in over 25 years. (8/1/93)
  12. SiouxVolley

Thought it was just like basketball and FBS. It might have changed before that date.
  13. cberkas

Nice dive
  14. cberkas

That was dirty.
  15. cberkas

He had that wide open net in game 4 and hit the defenseman in the head with the shot.
  16. cberkas

5-1 Avs
  17. AJS

COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

Pinto with 4 points in his first playoff game, 1 G 3 A.
  18. tnt

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/2015/09/10-need-know-facts-about-ncaa-hockey-scholarships.php Has it changed since 2015? I’ve always heard they can split them how they want.
  19. SiouxVolley

Hockey is a full scholarship sport. Any one getting a partial the NCAA considers that a full. Other players may be on the team, with the intent to give a scholarship later or that was formerly on scholarship a previous year, but they don’t count for the limit.
  20. jodcon

That would make 25 years since a Canadian team has won it all, getting hard to remember when the Canadiens and Oilers ruled the ice.
  21. SWSiouxMN

Looking like all the Canadian teams could be out in the first round, although Toronto appears to be in the best shape right now to avoid that
  22. sioux rube

Johnny Hockey Is Johnny Choke. Wow
  23. Tradition

According to sportsscolarships.com, of the 60 division 1 men’s hockey teams, the most scholarships used by any one team was 25. Some should keep this in mind when talking about “dead weight” on our team. Those players are often the ones getting zero scholarship money but putting in 30 plus athletic hours in per week in addition to their class work because they love the game and want to compete and do their best for their favorite team. Seems we should be appreciating their contributions rather than disparaging their efforts and suggesting they be run off the team. Just my two cents.
  24. SWSiouxMN

2018-2019 Recruiting

Well that's great, hope he can recover and be an impact player this year. I'm torn on the approach for UND and these two scholarship left (if Verbals is correct) These are two positions that are very important for UND (PG and C). If done correctly, in a wide open Summit League next year, there is no question that UND can be one of the teams that can contend. The problem is, what is the correct approach. The two players mentioned here look to be solid players but we don't know their interest level in coming here. They do have some other Summit offers (Henderson with WIU and USD, Hamlin with Fort Wayne). I like Henderson a lot as a scoring point guard who can run the show, but his size is concerning (weight wise). Hamlin appears to be another raw type player who is very solid defensively but the offensive game is a bit of a work (from what I have read). Do you grab 2 freshman and expect them to be the difference makers in climbing the Summit? Or do you take a chance with a JUCO transfer (which outside of Baldwin and flashes of Traylor, Jones hasn't done all that well). Or do you strike it with a guy from a different program who is immediately eligible. I'd love to see a mix, bring in a freshman guard and strike the transfer for a BIG post player. Or I perhaps raid the BSC and see if Brandon Boyd would be interested in coming here for a year. Of course, if and when UND gets hit with the transfer bug, this abacus will change.
  25. cberkas

And so did Pittsburgh
  26. sioux rube

They want to clean the game up start by suspending players for plays like when TJ got hurt last night. Players can’t protect themselves when that happens and it happens to often in my book. It’s a cheap play period. Throw the book at any player that does it and it will clean that crap up. It’s not a hockey play. My 2 cents
  1. Load more activity