SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. future is expansion once GF grows big enough for 2 full size hospitals
  3. It is early, but it's quite concerning. But maybe it's just the cool weather
  4. Lol. Besides him, I wonder if there are any other college players born in the 1990s? That is too funny.
  5. Sounds like a team a lot of us around here follow.
  6. He went from Minnesota to Youngstown to NAHL and the reason he left was because Motzko didn’t want to have him sit a year as the backup and wanted to get him playing time. So he was suppose to come back, well…..
  7. It says they plan to announce within the year what they are doing with land. That was 2 years ago. Did they ever announce anything? The new fargo hospital was built along interstate....
  8. I forgot how much money was thrown at Hak to head to Philly. Wonder if he regrets it? Gotta imagine Carle contacts Jim Montgomery too.
  9. It's early.....it's early.....it's early..... I always care too much before June....I'm a terrible fan.
  10. I am looking forward to hearing what other people think.
  11. Ironically, the much criticized and publicized UND deal with REA, Inc. suggests that precedent has already been set. Ultimately, actions always speak louder than words. Been a lot of words lately (as usual). Been a few actions, also. I don’t agree with many of the actions. Time will tell if everything works out, but history suggests it won’t.
  12. Jury is out, but I am fine with SU taking Landry, revealed a character flaw we do not need. Offensive was good but did not feel it was progressing. Change us good.
  13. New NIL rules adopted by the NCAA: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2024/04/17_NCAA-Adopts-New-NIL-Rules.php
  14. What kind of questions do you ask? I doubt he'd say that Berry would be in any trouble if Bubba was given an extension. I am more concerned about the state of the football program. Think about this, our O-Cordinaro, a UND grad left for a conference foe. We lost his replacement to NDSU. This program is a dumpster fire. We can’t win anywhere but at home. That concerns me more.
  15. UND has worked very hard for donations at virtually every giving level. I think over time they have recognized gifts of $100 and up. What I was discussing was your comment regarding what “influential donors” demand. My reference to the 6 and 7 figure donors pertained to that statement. My opinion is that the best institutions don’t respond to boosters “demands”. They will listen to 7-8 figure donors and their ideas or opinions as to how best to utilize that donation. No institution should succumb to demands of a booster based on a monetary donation that would compromise the integrity of the institution. It would be an egregious mistake to set a precedent by allowing boosters to demand specific decisions based solely on a monetary donation. .
  16. I was referring to the level of donation where an administrator or coach would spend much time listening to the “demands” of a donor. They will take time to interact and listen to fans who don’t necessarily donate more than time and buying tickets. Very few donors approach admin or coaches with demands, and those that do are a pain in the butt for multiple reasons. There is a better approach. It works in trying to overcome almost all challenges and starts with a simple question. How can I help?
  17. Very unimpressed last time I was there. On the other hand, just had the fajita quesadillas at Casa Mexico in EGF: orgasmic. Side note: this is racing celebrity Scott Bloomquist eating at Casa Mexico. Clips of his appearance on Dale Jr Download are available on youtube.
  18. That is because it hasn’t been proven wrong yet. The current football coaching situation, despite lacking in high-end skills for recruitment, retention, and coaching strategy for championship success, is favored by the leadership for its cost-effectiveness, compliance, and affable personality.
  19. Although waiting for your pizza until a long train passed by might have been annoying.
  20. Within the grand scheme, if this is the approach, then therein lies the problem with UND athletics. Sitting around and waiting for all those 7-8 figure donations has really been going well, hasn’t it? These type of financial gaps (https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/miller-coaching-exits-not-about-the-financial-gap-and-all-about-the-financial-gap) wouldn’t exist if the “only the big boys and girls get invited to the table” approach was gone
  21. Too busy making predictions that the other team will be crying by the end of the game. #nomoretears
  22. Yesterday
  23. Not even in the same ballpark comparing Rube to Brad. Rube's teams were horrible at the end often getting blown out. We were pretty much the doormat of the WCHA.
  24. 6 figures doesn’t cut it. It will get you invited to social functions, name in publications and certainly is appreciated. The 3,4, and five figure donations are also recognized, appreciated and added together these donations make a big difference. For 7 or 8 figures you may be able influence some decisions. (Speed up new business college construction, new softball field, Sports Med contract). Your second paragraph is kind of the same sentiment you have expressed many times.
  1. Load more activity