SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. The hammer drops. https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/chris-bergeron-out-as-miamis-head-coach
  3. Seems like getting the cold shoulder from BGSU and OSU for non conference should end. Both need to get over their grudges.
  4. love it! NCHC buttons: UND: F'n Hawks St Cloud: Jan Brady State, St Clown, Husky Women, lots of choices UMD: Minnesota State-Duluth, U Must Drink, Da-loot DU: Don't U have any fans? CC: Community College WMU, Miami I got nothing. Chip in
  5. I wouldn't be surprised if B1G offers the Aggies as a shot across the bow at SEC. They may be interested in ditching UT again. Grab them and the golden domers and Big 10 supremacy is established. They then pick the carcasses of what's left (some ACC teams and a couple other SEC schools ans possibly Kansas) and a national college league is born.
  6. The right guy could get things turned around in a hurry. No reason Miami has to be a perennial bottom feeder. They need someone with winning pedigree.
  7. He did play on the Steel his first year with Jake Schmaltz. Jake went to Green Bay the following season.
  8. We used to have pre and post-game parties during the glory days of the old WCHA Final Five in downtown St. Paul, MN. Those were so much fun.
  9. Do we have a pregame party? Didn’t at summit league tourney
  10. He's from suburban Providence so no surprise he's got a connection there. If he didn't have such an awesome name he would have much less fanfare. Note to parents...
  11. Bergeron gone. No surprise. Bring back Gwoz!
  12. explain to the ones that haven't been to a cec in tc?
  13. Wait a minute. I thought things like this didn't happen in Imperial Cass County. Turns out the Center of the Known Universe isn't immune to national trends after all.
  14. Been to a twin cities Chuckie E. Cheese lately? It has finally arrived in Fargo and the owners probably gave up. We can't have nice things anymore.
  15. Someone on Twitter (X?) mentioned that he has family connections to Providence...so maybe there?
  16. Mr. Fontaine played for the Steel, but not with any of our current Steel alum. I'd guess he stays out east though.
  17. Some interesting stats on Brad's portal page, and also some interesting entrants already. https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/the-2024-mens-college-hockey-transfer-portal-tracker This kid has a UND name already, plus he scored some big goals for Northeastern this year: Gunnarwolfe Fontaine, sr, Northeastern, 8-19—27 (NSH pick) 2023 portal numbers 291 Division-I players entered 74.2 percent transferred to new Division-I programs 9.6 percent went Division-III 4.8 percent turned pro after entering 4.8 percent never landed anywhere 2.1 percent stayed with current team 1.4 percent played ACHA club hockey 6 Division-III players moved up to Division-I
  18. Went about a couple weeks ago. If you haven’t been for a few years it’s nothing like it used to be and was a brutal experience. Pizza Ranch has a better arcade and the animatronics have been gone for a while
  19. My thought as well. BC is widely viewed as the best team in the country, rightly or wrongly, and there is more competition for scoring leader on that team. If you are the best scorer on the best team, that is more of a positive than a negative in the selection process, it seems to me. One thing I like most about Blake is the way he has improved upon his shortcomings in the course of the year. He is a real team player and has really improved his situational awareness and overall defensive game. Plus: Hobey Blaker? You gotta go with that.
  20. I view it as more than the BC guys are surrounded by more offensive talent, so they're all putting up piles of points. No slight intended to OMac or Gaber or Berg, etc, as I feel like one of the greatest strengths of this UND team is their forward depth...whereas BC is more top heavy with their forward talent.
  21. Won't put them out of their misery. They'll be right there in Sioux Falls the next weekend, perhaps meeting us in the final.
  22. Coach at Princeton is out. https://www.uscho.com/2024/03/18/after-10-seasons-90-169-27-record-behind-bench-fogarty-out-as-coach-of-princetons-mens-hockey-team/?fbclid=IwAR0DhN4_3-TWFHwmgKtVTvBGW0G-yFcu-vokLyx_Fd-ZvxqBpV8MwaZYNqc
  23. 2nd overall? There is none. BC and BU have the top 2 seeds locked up.
  1. Load more activity