SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Game is open to all. Attention past contestants: @stoneySIOUX @tnt @iluvdebbies @andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! @petey23 @Goon @Shawn-O @Goon @farce poobah @MafiaMan @cberkas @90siouxfan @Blackheart
  3. Welcome to the 2024 game. The rules are modified from 2017 and 2018 and 2019 and 2021 and 2022 and 2023. (We all want to forget 2020.) pick nine (9) forwards pick six (6) defensemen straight POINTS, not goals, POINTS (G + A) scored by your fifteen players in the four rounds to the Cup determines winner no more than five (5) players from a single NHL team on your team Teams must be in before 5 pm Central Tuesday Apr 23. This allowance is because I was tardy to kick-off the game. Thanks to @sioux rube for the reminder. I'll need help scoring the game. Thanks to everyone in advance.
  4. They don’t make enough money playing so they need to gamble? I don’t waste my time on nba and it’s getting that way for other pro sports and won’t be long before the high end ncaa teams won’t be worth watching because of money
  5. I'd call it self-awareness of not meeting expectations (his, not outside).
  6. Today
  7. 109 of 308 on the Portal list are "Sr", meaning guys with a Covid year to burn. That's the last group with the extra (Covid) year.
  8. TMI. I get you're an insider but revealing that is a little creepy......
  9. Yeah, but you paid for it by all the time on the couch.
  10. Hak too was the nice assistant but under "headmaster" Blais. Hak's toughest transition (from asst to HC) was from nice guy to "headmaster". Hak made the transition after the Judy's incident*. Hak became a better coach after that. Judy's had Hak prepared for "Columbia lawnmower toss" (followed by a DUI) and strong enough to relieve a guy from the team which was hard but correct. One could argue Jon Toews and TJ Oshie made Hak an NHL coach, but not by on-ice but by off-ice performance. Berry could learn from that: you don't need be loved, just respected. *not speculation; I know who was one of Hak's sensei at that time.
  11. Lobby? No. Office; waiting for the next patient to arrive to advise.
  12. I forgot: - the Blais predicate (two equal guys, play the younger to see if he'll develop further).
  13. True or False: The restaurant / food service industry is high churn.
  14. If you're going to get caught betting on your team, at least let it be to win.
  15. I’ve posted numerous times that Berry is too nice and that made him a awesome assist. Coach and buffer between the head coach and players but he needs to not be everyone’s friend and be the head coach. Should Schmaltz get the ice time he gets , I don’t think so but he has been here three years do he needs to play according to Berry. He need s to put the best players in the best position to win not just what year your in.
  16. Some other schools are currently still in spring ball. One can assume there will be movement when that wraps up.
  17. I listened to a McFeely/Izzo podcast where, after the obligatory AC fawning, they addressed this issue. By their count, UND has had the third-lowest number of players entering the portal among MVFC teams since season's end at 10. The AC has had fewer at 6. SDSU at 4. Murray State has had 42 portal entries. Youngstown 26, Indiana State 20, USD 15, SIU and MoState 13, and N. Iowa 12.
  18. Way to ruin your career by betting on your team when you are not playing.
  19. He informed the team he would not be returning for another season. Bring on portal goalie #4.
  20. Heard a rumor that the young goalie from Grafton is on his way out of high school hockey next season.
  21. 2021-2022 season two Fr. were in top six in total points on the team. One was gone, off the roster after his So. season. One combining his So. and Jr. season point totals didn't equal his Fr. point total. Seems hard to blame everything on either players for how their productivity at UND evolved. So again I'll ask.....where's the pursuit of development?
  22. Right, "confirmation bias." As in, this article lists many closures and highlights an old stalwart (Blue Moose), but does not mention a single opening. Don't need a fancy, high-priced consultant to confirm that. Is this bad journalism, or bad consulting?
  23. As a rule I try not to put down players currently on the roster on this site. I've slipped before but won't say anything negative now. If Benoit wasn't drafted with a throwaway pick we wouldn't be having this conversation. There is a whole new recruiting landscape. We may or may not have recruited a player saying if he proved himself elsewhere he could come here afterwards. Less risk all around, but keeps the have nots from keeping those diamonds in the rough.
  1. Load more activity