SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. To me I feel it has to do more with Freund and Pawlek leaving. More with Pawlek since it was 2 OL that left. And maybe the new OL coach isnt the guy either. Yeah maybe they will get some money somewhere but I can't see it going over 25k. We will get more information when they sign with another team. Lets just hope Hagen doesn't go south a few miles.
  3. Do you think Hagen is getting NIL offers and goes FBS? I know he’s been solid but just wondering.
  4. These kids make more than a CFL player does or NBA d league player they take a pay cut after graduation i wonder how much of this money is left after graduation or is in gold around the necks of some of these players same as the oil boom , everyone had all the toys in the world, no savings and nothing to show except bills when the bust came again ‘tell me where I’m wrong
  5. That's a legitimate critique: Two near-equal talents, Blais would always play the younger, less experienced to see if it'll grow further. Berry plays the older experienced (safe) option, see: Albrecht, Senden, Hain.
  6. Really want to give this a closer look. I don't believe Berry's issue is he puts too much emphasis on the regular season. I do believe, what @Oxbow6 is pointing out here is his issue. We can find examples every year where Berry favors Age / low ceiling over Youth / high ceiling. Next year's Freshman class will have it appears 4 pretty high-end guys (Boisvert / Swanson / Emery / Strathmann). Boisvert / Swanson (Top 6), I'd like to see Emery as the 1st RHD. In October / November, would there be safer plays? Of course. Jamernik / Wilkie probably will look better than Boisvert. Zmolek is a rock. What about in March? We can all agree something needs to change. IMO, it's building a line chart in October that will maximize the talent on your team by March.
  7. Today
  8. But as the more senior, mature members of fandom it's our jobs to provide history and perspective.
  9. Work for better is key. You can't just stand pat and think things are going to turn around or your cycle is going to wait as long as CC or Michigan Tech has, or worse yet become the Minnesota Vikings or Minnesota pro sports in general. If some of the other blue bloods like Minnesota, BC and Michigan win titles, that will be the next rallying cry, "well, the Vikings haven't ever won anything"? When we recruit with the premise that expectations are high and we expect to compete for championships consistently, then in the same breath say everything is cyclical, those two don't mesh. If everything is cyclical, then a program with the advantages of UND should hope for longer cycles of consistent success even if we don't win it all, much like under Hakstol. Still waiting for the Bison cycle to really turn downward where they don't even make the playoffs. What is the plan to move past the first round loss cycle and missing out completely, or are they just going by the premise that we will enter a "lucky" cycle soon. The last thing I want is a malaise to develop over the hockey program that has developed in some of our other sports where the expectation isn't even there anymore.
  10. Not many kids in the student section the past couple years even remember those UND champions......
  11. Life is cyclic. Appreciate the good; the not-so will come. Don't dwell on the down times; work for better.
  12. Denver's run: 2017, 2022, 2024 Lest we forget: 1980, 1982, 1987 Same duration, three titles.
  13. Kevin Weeks as volunteer goalie coach?
  14. Yes, NCAA very late to the party to fix it. That horse has left the barn.
  15. " ... TJ with another big save ... " " ... TJ had to be and was our best penalty killer tonight." No worries.
  16. NIL will be what kills the golden goose that was college athletics.
  17. Not a whole bag ... just 30 pieces.
  18. I'll be calling your employer and asking then posting your rate of pay. Sound good?
  19. Alas, as with all things in life, Cyndy Lauper was right: Money changes everything
  20. Draft pick who got buried as a 14 F behind culture guys
  21. ZPar represents to me the kind of player who, when you say "net presence," shows that doesn't have to mean big banger who will put up big penalty minutes. His stick skills were his bread and butter, but a shytload of his goals came from just being around the net. Stick skills, as I said, plus first-rate anticipation skills and toughness. It helps, but you don't have to be big to be big around the net.
  22. Outside of the national championship with Hak's team in year one, what's better about the UND hockey program now than it was under Hak? Not a single thing. Everything has regressed.
  23. Parise scored in his first NHL game, and tonight he gets a goal in his last regular season game. The guy is one of a kind. 20 years ago last week, just after the Hobey Baker ceremony (where once again a UMD player won it over a more-deserving UND player), Zach was at his classiest and he never showed disappointment. My kids (12 and 10 at the time) just wanted a picture with him, and all three of them are beaming. One of my favorite Parise moments. Thanks for all the memories.
  24. ... and the student-athlete still has his/her scholarship and a spot with the college and the program to which he or she committed, correct? Speaking of commitment, how long before NLIs are declared null and void, and coaches can start prep for a season or a contest with a weekly Monday morning head count?
  1. Load more activity