SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I’ve posted numerous times that Berry is too nice and that made him a awesome assist. Coach and buffer between the head coach and players but he needs to not be everyone’s friend and be the head coach. Should Schmaltz get the ice time he gets , I don’t think so but he has been here three years do he needs to play according to Berry. He need s to put the best players in the best position to win not just what year your in.
  3. Some other schools are currently still in spring ball. One can assume there will be movement when that wraps up.
  4. I listened to a McFeely/Izzo podcast where, after the obligatory AC fawning, they addressed this issue. By their count, UND has had the third-lowest number of players entering the portal among MVFC teams since season's end at 10. The AC has had fewer at 6. SDSU at 4. Murray State has had 42 portal entries. Youngstown 26, Indiana State 20, USD 15, SIU and MoState 13, and N. Iowa 12.
  5. Way to ruin your career by betting on your team when you are not playing.
  6. He informed the team he would not be returning for another season. Bring on portal goalie #4.
  7. Heard a rumor that the young goalie from Grafton is on his way out of high school hockey next season.
  8. 2021-2022 season two Fr. were in top six in total points on the team. One was gone, off the roster after his So. season. One combining his So. and Jr. season point totals didn't equal his Fr. point total. Seems hard to blame everything on either players for how their productivity at UND evolved. So again I'll ask.....where's the pursuit of development?
  9. Right, "confirmation bias." As in, this article lists many closures and highlights an old stalwart (Blue Moose), but does not mention a single opening. Don't need a fancy, high-priced consultant to confirm that. Is this bad journalism, or bad consulting?
  10. As a rule I try not to put down players currently on the roster on this site. I've slipped before but won't say anything negative now. If Benoit wasn't drafted with a throwaway pick we wouldn't be having this conversation. There is a whole new recruiting landscape. We may or may not have recruited a player saying if he proved himself elsewhere he could come here afterwards. Less risk all around, but keeps the have nots from keeping those diamonds in the rough.
  11. https://denverpioneers.com/news/2024/4/19/du-pioneers-hockey-sean-behrens-signs-with-colorado-avalanche.aspx
  12. Former Shanley/Totino Grace player Patrick Bath has hit the portal. Spent his redshirt freshman year at Drake
  13. I hope you’re wrong, going to share any info or you just throwing that out there?
  14. I think a perfect blend of Hakstol's discipline and Berry’s father figure approach would be the best of both worlds.
  15. both those seasons were terrible compared with 21-22. If my memory serves right schmaltz continued to play in a top 6/more advantageous role while Matteo was buried buried. The fact schmaltz had 12 in 25 while playing top 6 and seeing pp time is actually worse if you ask me.
  16. Does reading comprehension elude you? Where did I make the comparison between the two for the 22-23 season. Constantini was bad that season. That's been acknowledged. Hopefully Schmaltz can double his point total from this season next season.....which would still not have him reach his Fr point total. You see what I did there??
  17. In the 2022-2023 season, which is what the coaches were making decisions on, Schmaltz outscored Costantini, no contest. Schmaltz went 5-7-12 points, Costantini just 2-1-3 points in 25 games. Based on that ...
  18. Yesterday
  19. To answer your question....yes. To the bolded part......Schmaltz says "Hold my beer". Again what's the difference? Schmaltz had ONE goal all season yet was on the ice plenty down the stretch vs MI when the team needed a goal to tie it up. Not bashing Schmaltz but......I'm obviously missing something between Constantini and him.
  20. The coaches see these guys in practice too. There are a number of factors, including attitude. Some players take coaching to heart, others think they know better than their coaches. It is like that in everyday life. We don't know, for the most part, what went on behind the scenes.
  21. Where has it been said Constantini was showed the door? Seemed like he left for lack of playing time?
  22. Forgot to answer this question. I think it was said that he played like 3-4 minutes in the game against MI, so even with Pyke out injured, he wasn't on the ice much at all.
  1. Load more activity