SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Depends on the sport. Also, Memphis isn't P5 to begin with, either.
  3. Former UND dman Nate Benoit is transferring to QU to join former UND dman Cooper Moore. We're like a feeder program for QU to take on our dman projects.
  4. The one in EGF was not great. Poor service did them in more than anything.
  5. I assume not sleeping for 2 days after the loss would indicate he wasn't satisfied...
  6. We aren't competing against the P5. They are literally in a different league despite the "D1" moniker that everyone has. Schools the size of UND are going to use NIL the way it was more closely intended to be. 1883 is partnering with businesses and non-profits to help facilitate deals with athletes. Donations from individuals will help supplement these deals that are being made. It isn't going to be life changing money but it is something on top of FCOA and Alston to help make it a little harder to turn down some of those outside offers. Not going to work on everyone but the hope (for UND and other Summit/MVFC schools) is it at least makes some difference and keeps a few more of those players around. NIL will absolutely be a factor at UND's level, but in the way that P5 schools are going to dangle much bigger dollar amounts to get the best players at the lower levels. As for the D2 crap.....UND is one of the few schools in the nation that offers both FCOA and Alston, with only around 50 or so doing the latter as of last fall. Again, not life changing money but it is a lot more than most schools at UND's "level" is currently doing. Not tax-deductible for business, but they can write it off as an expense, lowering income, lessening tax burden.
  7. We'll never know if "mattress Cam" or Grant "Nodak Insurance" Nelson made a difference, one way or the other.
  8. Gotcha. Yeah, that aspect makes sense. To your point, there might be higher ROI with billboards than having a Sioux player promoting your sandwiches on twitter.
  9. No. https://1883collective.com/faq/
  10. Under NIL what SMU fans did for the "Pony Express" back in the day would be all legal. Back then SMU Football got the NCAA "death penalty".
  11. That was the original intent but it quickly blew way past that into pay for play.
  12. Are donations to a collective tax deductible for a business?
  13. His firing was suspicious at best, if you take the line that Mike Chambers went with.
  14. Yes. That is how it is supposed to be. That is true NIL. All the big schools are doing 'Pay for Play' right now. I guess my point/questioning is, say Berg gets $30k from Red Pepper through this collective. Does him appearing in a commercial/tweeting about Red Pepper have a positive ROI for Red Pepper? I guess I just question if it does. Look at Mattress Cam in Fargo. Not sure what he got to be in those commercials but I doubt him doing that NIL deal had a positive ROI for the mattress store. I think it may be hard to continue to convince the businesses in GF year after year that contributing to this collective gives them a better benefit than contributing to other groups/foundations. Not sure it is sustainable. I could be completely wrong though! Just sharing my thoughts on NIL at small schools.
  15. Either way, short of being a stakeholder in the transaction, we have no right to know the details of the private transaction unless the parties choose to disclose.
  16. FedEx put out a press release about their contribution. They chose to disclose what they did. Doesn't say who's getting what.
  17. I love Bernie's, but I miss Sickies Garage, I eat at the one in Fargo, when I get a chance.
  18. the food at REA went from 1 Michelin star to 2?
  19. Today
  20. At the time, Denver Post reported the reason for Gwoz's firing was both lack of postseason success (5 first round losses in 6 season despite 12 consecutive 20+ win seasons) and inability to reach an agreement on an extension.
  21. Sickies was a huge loss. You can look no further than to St Paul for the reason why.
  22. Isn't there a qui-pro-quo for the business, though? I thought the idea behind Name, Image, and Likeness was that athletes could sell their Name, Image, and Likeness to a business in exchange for money. For example, the Tellmans give $X to the collective so long as Sioux players appear in a Red Pepper commercial; or every Friday night Cameron Berg needs to send out a tweet telling the drunk hockey crowd to pick up a Grinder After the Game; etc.
  23. https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39974973/fedex-pledges-25m-5-years-nil-program-memphis nosy parkers
  24. Most people give to a cause because they care about it. If they want to make money off of it, a sponsorship deal would be most appropriate.
  1. Load more activity