SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Forgot about this...Sioux-Gofer 2004 at the Ralph...during second intermission they cut to the crowd and you see some high school boys wrestling in the stands...yup, it's Osh! Sioux win 4-2.
  3. That was some good stuff right there. Made me think of a couple plays...blowing up Rick Nash twice...totally leveling a kid from CC who thought he had the angle on him...and a backhander he roofed against BC in the Frozen Four semifinals.
  4. Gonna have to change mine...no way all four #1's make it to the Frozen Four!
  5. For the record, YSU is broke and the MAC hasn't shown interest in them. I also don't see why YSU would be interested in joining Summit football without the MVFC schools. Travel would be way worse, and they would have to play SDSU and NDSU every year, and the program is already barely hanging on, middle of the pack. That said, I still don't think Summit starting football with the MVFC schools is off the table, especially if Missouri State bolts. Although I don't agree about YSU, I do think Indiana State could very well shut down their FB program any point as well. Should Missouri State bolt, I'd like to a great riff between the public and private schools develop within the MVC, and if they add schools, hope that they are private, don't have FB, and are East or SE of the current footprint.
  6. Personally, I think we finally saw Johannes look like he did in the first half when he got moved up to OMac and Blake's line on Friday. Those three created a bunch in the third. That's my top line as long as Johannes is healthy.
  7. Rumor has it that Missouri State is getting an FBS invite to sun belt or cusa...can't remember which but... If they leave MVFC would be down to 10 football teams....4 Summit, 5 Missouri Valley, and 1 Horizon. YSU has wanted FBS (MAC) football for a long time and they are a wild card FCS or otherwise. Let's say Fenton does announce Summit Football and offers affiliate status to YSU whether it's FCS or FBS....they would take that offer imo. That would put it 5-5...Summit v MVC. At that point it's all eyes on St Thomas....add 5k more seats to current stadium and it's bigger and probably nicer than the USD's. If they bump from Pioneer (which is for sure a short term thing imo) and they joint Summit Football ...Bob's your Uncle...u got 6 and Summit League Football. UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, St Thomas, and YSU (affiliate..in terms of compettiion..either Summit or MVFC...easy choice for YSU imo) IF that does happen the MVFC would consist of the powerhouses of ISUr, ISUb, SIU, UNI, and Murray State. At that point is UNI poachable to the Summit League (oly, FB and potentially Summit hockey down the road (arena)? If UNI leaves could Drake join too (oly and FB?) Package deal? You can see why Murray State was added......but Fenton is smarter than Jackson.
  8. Tonight, Ottawa Senators beat the Buffalo Sabres 6 - 2, Shane Pinto had 3 assists, then finished with the empty net goal. A 4 point night!!!
  9. If I get 4 games right I'll be tickled....
  10. I've been close before. This is my year
  11. I don't actually think Kunz is a grinder, he's just a big skill player. Of course James is much faster, but I'm not sure he's any more skilled, in terms of hands and vision. I also don't think it's a demotion so much as trying to assemble a checking line that can take on an opponent's best players. I don't think Kunz could keep up in that assignment, but James can. That's also the role where I think James can carve out an NHL career.
  12. Definitely try. Would be pretty surprised but you never know what connections will do!
  13. Wonder if some of our advantage in depth is negated with all the tv timeouts. I sure would rather see Michigan’s 4th line more than their high end NHL draft picks. Let’s hope Ludvig is on, and Michigan’s goalie is off.
  14. Does anyone know why Bubs took James off the O'Mc line? coming out of the break those guys were flying. I get that Kunz is a grinder but James is faster and way more skilled. Sorry but the kid is waisting away down on the grind line with Jammer and Schmaltz.
  15. It still blows me away that the Ralph still feels new, after all these years.....and that it exists in Grand Forks ND, of all places
  16. this has Fenton's fingerprints on it........u knew that midco's vision was bigger than high school and whatnot so you knew that was coming... Fenton and Midco are probably working on bringing everything under one umbrella...More money, more visibility, and more cohesion. MVFC, Summit, NCHC=Summit League Summit League-olympic sports, hockey (add St Thomas for sure....wildcards=Augie or Minny State?), and football (FBS?) if Summit Football (FBS or not) is an option he has to get 2 or more to join the Dak 4....Northern Iowa, St Thomas, Drake? or Omaha brings back FB? Minnesota State? THERE'S FENTON
  17. It looks like a lot of different hockey Twitter accounts are sharing clips from it too, I've seen it pop up multiple times the last couple days. Very nice publicity!
  18. Well im hoping Sather can keep a few each year and not need 13 each year. Only the best will leave
  19. I watched the special and found it very interesting. Didn’t know of the Chicklets people beforehand but I can imagine this will be good publicity for the program
  20. What’s the benefit of a conference folding in? Then midco takes a cut?
  21. That makes, the RSN model is pretty much dead and high school sports are tough as a money maker. I can see nchc.tv folding in, and would love to see the Dakota 4 muscle MVFC into it as well. I could see them making a play for CCHA and Northern Sun as well
  22. Think Bartholomew Ogbu has a chance getting anywhere?
  23. This should be a GREAT tournament. So much talent and so many formidable teams and possible matchups. Any college hockey fan has to love this.
  24. This whole tournament is so wide open, you could throw darts at a board and get some of them right.
  1. Load more activity