SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. After the Robbins’ comments, is it safe to say Ndsu athletic programs are fully ‘roided?
  3. Today
  4. southpaw

Jerseys

As an adidas employee, the tagging is consistent with products made as a trial jersey. Likely, part of the recent "sample sale" held at the main offices throughout the world. That means he probably paid $10 for it and that it is high enough quality to be seen in public but not what is actually selected by the school. Should be 2-3 more unapproved designs floating around the US somewhere.
  5. I was already typing out an update when you posted that.
  6. Here we go. These are most of the numbers from last year(2018-2019 season / FY2019). Significant improvement, but several sports still not fully funded. 100% MIH FB MBB WBB WT&F VB 85+% WSoc WG SB WT - 94% <85% MT - 83% MT&F - ? MG - 33% https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4438530-year-after-cutting-sports-und-athletics-adjusting-slimmer-budget
  7. As of July 1, 2018 WT&F is at 100%. MT is at 83% WT is 94%. This took less than 30 seconds to find. "Men's tennis went from no scholarships in 2017 to a scheduled 3.75 for 2019. Women's tennis went from roughly 4.5 in 2017 to 7.5 in 2019, while women's track and field/cross country went from a little more than 14 in 2017 to 18 in 2019." https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4438530-year-after-cutting-sports-und-athletics-adjusting-slimmer-budget
  8. Not sure if you don't understand or are being purposefully dense, but fully funded vs. not fully funded is about scholarships. A fully funded program is one that gives out the maximum number of scholarships allowed by the governing body(NCAA DI in our case). Or at least a program that allocates enough money to award all scholarships allowed(sometimes football or WBB might sit on a scholarship or two for recruiting reasons). NDSU has been fully funded across the board for a few years now. I believe men's golf or baseball was the last program to reach that mark. My understanding is that all the women's programs were fully funded from the first day of DI because of Title IX reasons. As for UND, it's been in the news repeatedly over the years that many of your programs are not fully funded. The most detailed and recent info I could find in a few minutes came from about 27 months ago. Things have improved(the Summit League required it), but I believe many programs are still not at 100% funding. I'll look a bit more to see if I can find info from last season. Scholarship funding levels as of the end of 2016-17 season: 100% MIH FB MBB WBB 85-100% VB (closer to 100% than 85%) WSoc 70% (these 3 were required to reach at least 85% by the fall of 2018) WG SB WT&F <70% MG MT&F MT WT https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4242553-und-cuts-womens-hockey-mens-and-womens-swimming
  9. joelax

Jerseys

so I messaged the seller: "Hi, Thanks so much for the jersey. I am really happy with it. I did have a question though. I know that the University of North Dakota is switching to Adidas for this year for ice hockey and none of the jerseys have yet been released (as far as I know). Do you work or sell Adidas products? was this a mockup created by Adidas for a potential North Dakota jersey? I was talking to my friend who is anxiously awaiting to see what the on-ice versions are going to look like next year. Thought you might know!Thanks so much!-Joe" His lengthy response: "Glad your happy with it! Sent from my iPhone" I tried another response. We'll see what he says: "Hi again, Yeah, it's great. Do you know the story for the jersey? Is this what Adidas is going to be making this year for the team or was this a concept piece as North Dakota transitions to Adidas? Thanks. -Joe" So I'm not sure how I feel about his response. I still think he's probably in the distribution line for Adidas or something and this was likely a concept piece that Adidas made for UND. OR he's a counterfeiter of Adidas stuff and doesn't want to admit to it? But he's got a lot of Arizona State and other Adidas items such as t-shirts, which I'm not sure are counterfeited like jerseys. I would guess that the margins are too slim on items like t-shirts to make it worthwhile to counterfeiters.
  10. They have not committed to play for the University of North Dakota or anywhere else.
  11. Scott Sandelin seems to be making a mark, and he seems like a good dude - UND '86. .
  12. darell1976

Jerseys

https://www.fanatics.com/ndsu-bison-colosseum-hockey-jersey-green-/p-13593756495408+z-9071-1984027501
  13. Taylor Ward skating at Oilers camp. Omaha offered early and it paid off.
  14. They're 5-5 in their last 10 and 11-9 in their last 20. If this is as bad as it gets should be a good year. They need to go out and get some pitching help soon. Other then that I think that they'll be fine.
  15. An article on why Arizona State was reluctant to leave the then WAC for the PAC 8. Arizona wanted to go, but Ariz St lacked top notch academics and research and Kush didn’t want to move. https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2019/06/22/pac-8-expansion-asu-has-ua-thank-push-move-wac-pac/3535235002/ The much higher money with the P5 changes things dramatically now.
  16. Prison_Mike

Jerseys

When they get a hawk logo that actually looks good, I would be all for it. The current logo seems like a secondary logo, like this NDSU one. It is fine on the shoulder but would look like s*** on the front of a jersey. The interlocking ND would also look like s*** on the front of a jersey.
  17. It is to be expected given a 162 game season. Just hit refresh on the off day and finish the first half strong. No need to panic
  18. Good way of saying it not terrible but not enforcing their will consistently that you want a dominant team to do
  19. Yesterday
  20. They've been pretty average lately
  21. Put the new logo on the front. Or “Hawks” on the front. Or both. What are they worried is going to happen? People will instantly stop following the program and stop going to games? The pandering by those at UND and the REA to make sure they don’t offend the Sioux Forever crowd is beyond pathetic.
  22. You arent. Comprehension is hard for you I see. Should I speak slower?
  23. DePaul supposedly has the most mismanaged athletic department in DI. It’s more about staffing nepotism (friends and family) than winning. There has been a scathing article or two on this in the past.
  24. They lost the beauty pageant with Louisville, because UConn’s football is poor and Louisville has been on the rise. So Louisville got the supposedly last ACC slot.
  25. I dont know why DePaul, with that basketball hotbed that is Chicago, cannot do any better than the doldrums of the Big East (although they finally had a decent year last year)
  26. i thought u said we weren't fully funded...is ndac fully funded or underfunded? your are kinda confusing
  27. What does that have to do with UND being underfunded???
  1. Load more activity