SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I just don't see the ROI to donating to the collective if you're a business in Grand Forks, ND. It would have to be looked at as strictly a "donation" (but with no tax benefit since the collective is for-profit) and not an actual investment.
  3. I really wish this would stop being referred to as NIL.
  4. I think Livanavage is getting there. He took major steps this season. I bet he’s gonna be fun to watch progress the next couple seasons.
  5. You didn't realize this NIL stuff is just to widen the gap between the bigs and the rest?
  6. Looks like it could be a battle of the interlocking NDs in South Bend in November!
  7. NIL and taxes from the receiver's POV: https://www.investopedia.com/nil-deals-tax-implications-8599929#:~:text=Money earned from NIL deals,to make estimated tax payments.
  8. IIRC he was due a large bonus ($1,000,000?) and the AD didn't want to pay it. At the time I thought DU letting Gwoz go was a terrible idea, but it seems to have worked out quite well. I guess there is a lesson there.
  9. https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39974973/fedex-pledges-25m-5-years-nil-program-memphis UND's collective is going to need a lot of folks to kick in the $25 bucks a month to compete with some of these other schools. I fear the truth of the matter is that UND does not have a large enough alumni base nor is there a significant enough corporate presence in Grand Forks, North Dakota to enable UND to compete whatsoever in the NIL game.
  10. Could be 1099, but yes, taxable.
  11. So w-2s are issued to recipients of NIL funds, and the NIL collectives have to pay payroll taxes?
  12. Well, kids that blow their NIL money will get a education in life. Maybe it will teach them to save the money if they get a second chance at more. Most times those lessons are better than what you learn in the classroom.
  13. Today
  14. Good day to talk about next winter...as it's literally snowing outside right now. Sheesh. And the snow looks just like Dippin' Dots (which is the ice cream of the future).
  15. Building for the postseason is essential. Additionally, if UND wants to attract more high-end talent, it needs to show potential recruits that UND is a place where high-end talent gets to develop without getting buried behind lower-ceiling guys.
  16. And didn't seem to get injured all the often.
  17. To me there is nothing better than the Stanley Cup playoffs. Once again it’s wide open. The West is going to be a dog fight. The first round matchups are all pretty much toss ups. In the East I think 2 of the first round matchups will only go 4 or 5 games and that’s the Rangers over the Caps and the Canes over the Isles. Then again who knows. I’m going with the Rangers over the Stars in a 7 game thriller
  18. But to be honest, the way they were playing when they got those points wasn't conducive to winning the championship they did. They were horrible defensively early in the year, including our big comeback against them. They only scored 8 goals in 4 games in the national tournament, but they shut down the opposition pretty well, with the help of insane goaltending. I still think we could use a high end offensive defenseman like the younger Buium, but I really like that we appear to have defensemen that can play that shutdown game. We just need to make sure we are doing that at the right time of year, as if we would have brought the same mentality we had against Denver the series in Grand Forks, we wouldn't be having the same conversation we have had for the past several seasons.
  19. I bet I’m safe to say his average length of his goals was no more than 6/7 feet. His office was on top of the blue paint and boy did he take a beating
  20. High end talent rises to the top.....unless it is suffocated and held back.
  21. I agree we should play like we are down no matter what the score is , play that way until the final horn.
  22. Would be surprised to be wrong, but 6'6" OL who has started a season plus, experience at guard and tackle with two years of eligibility left....he'll end up FBS and that almost always is coming with some extra money.
  23. More and more, people follow leaders, rather than schools, companies, brands, etc. And it will continue to trend that way.
  24. Sorry for the confusion: he was not satisfied.
  25. Yeah I could see him being satisfied with the regular season. Certainly not any of the postseason.
  26. Wasn't Gwoz fired for non-performance related reasons? I seem to remember it being a politically related firing.
  27. Really, then you haven't been listening to Brad Berry. He's "NOT" satisfied with the results of the last season. He was on the next Tuesday with Tim Hennesey after the season was over, and said as much.
  1. Load more activity