SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I'll agree Fridays have been pretty weak at Mariucci. I sit by the press box above the Hawks bench, get a good view of butts in seats; usually less than the attendance numbers. I've posted some game pics of butts in seats here. The Ralph had a lot of no shows itself this year. Mostly in upper sections and then the student section is failing us. Need to move them to a corner instead of the middle of the rink. I dropped some of my season tickets because they were difficult to sell even at reduced prices this last season - when we couldn't make games. Gave away some weekends of tickets.
  3. "The study recommends the University rent space in the "Herald Building" and the city to add more direct bus routes from downtown to UND." ...."oh yeah and some bumpouts and new trees too. Have to increase that "walkability score."
  4. I'll bite. Pinto 2 Blazer 4 Rizzo 4 Moore 5 Rowe 5 Caulfield 6 Bast 7
  5. If a tree falls in Mariucci Arena on a Friday night during hockey season, how many people actually heard it fall?
  6. They weren't going to sign him anyways but I was expecting a little more than that.... Lets hope for addition by subtraction...… Of course this means Poolman should finally crack the top 6.
  7. Aaaaan wow did the Jets get fleeeeeeced by the Rangers. Trouba for Pionkashit and the 20th overall. wooooof
  8. Can the Blues repeat? .... (No) Can a Canadian team win a cup?.... (ball?) Who breaks out?.... Does a winter classic actually happen without Chicago?... (Debatable)
  9. What's everyone's predictions for this weekend? My guesses will be strictly by rounds Pinto (2nd) Blaisdell (3rd) Caulfield (4th) Rowe (5th) Rizzo (5th) Moore (6th) Bast (6th) Not drafted: Scheel, Frisch, Budy
  10. https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/nhl-draft-2019-prospect-rankings-big-board/4s69mzaevfhq1j6u7jl57kqd0 53. Blaisdell https://www.tsn.ca/americans-set-to-dominate-first-round-of-the-nhl-draft-1.1323878 45. Pinto 83. Caulfield It's going to be a wild Day 2 this year for UND recruits. Here's the summary of the 5 lists, parenthesis over total amount ranked. Pinto - 40 (120), 40 (92), 45 (92), 56 (250), NR (62) Blaisdell - 53 (62), 55 (92), 80 (120), 165 (250), NR (92) Caulfield - 52 (120) 83 (92), 183 (250), NR (62), NR (92) The others only ranked in the 250
  11. Which would be great for UND and the city.
  12. https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/2711884-Ray-Richards-Golf-Course-on-track-for-reopening#.XQf4YRxncao.twitter
  13. Never yet have heard a decent proposal from you on how to save and make the Summit League prosper. Adding Bellarmine would have at least given the Summit a real beginning at an Eastern division, but Bellarmine will probably do what N Kentucky did, leave the A Sun to join the Horizon, which doesn’t take DI transitioning teams. The move by the A Sun is just a mirage, as they don’t have to be positioned for FBS until 2025. Why invite FCS schools that want to move up half a decade before it happens when the G5 will attempt to stop it with new rules if it vegans? Know the Northern Big Sky to the Summit just absolutely eats you up with anger. Montana would lose its major rivalries with SUU and Sac St, and you care more about those ”rivalries” than a stable Summit League. The Summit has lost a quadrillion schools in the past 40 years, but somehow you stating it is stable will magically change it. If PUFW, WIU, or ORU leave, the Summit will have an existential crisis unless they add footballl. Nothing you have said changes that.
  14. Moretti will play at CMU.
  15. Yesterday
  16. Beaumont

2019 Season

No his little league Coach
  17. CMSioux

2019 Season

I have a feeling that Beaumont's comments are going to show up just as much on Bison-swille as here . Love the passion we will be cheering double loud for your son.
  18. "Double whammy" usually means two negatives. I believe BarnWinter meant it as two positives though. The university gets ticket money even when they don't show up and the Big Ten Network gets increased viewership if they stay home and watch the game instead. Which in turn means.... Increased viewership in BTN means bigger payments to Big Ten schools.
  19. Beaumont

2019 Season

11-0 is a real Possibility!! Just like 6-5 last year could have easily been 10-1 real talk.
  20. Beaumont

2019 Season

Hell yea!! Say that Then the players and the coaches must feel like this and the whole Grand Forks community has to believe it too!! This season they have nothing to lose!! It's time to let it all hang out!! Throw caution in the wind and kick azz ..
  21. Well....it didn't happen last year.... But for sure it was going to happen this year..... But now, I guess not. So on to 7/1/20 then? I guess with only 2 weeks left until a self-imposed deadline, time to start hedging.
  22. i was kidding...bring back the ole ncc is a joke...ndac and sdac left the ncc to play the big boys and 15 years later they are back in the ncc 2.1
  23. Morningside struggled in D2 so they are in the NAIA now and are very happy. They'd have to go D2 first before D1, and I just don't see them wanting to.
  24. MoSiouxFan

2019 Season

Any word on whether Izzy'll be good to go?
  25. gundy1124

2019 Season

I love it!! The start of college football is so epic because week #1, everyone is undefeated. As players and 'extensions' of players (family) this is the expectation, run the table. If the players aren't thinking this, might as well not put the pads on. See you in GF!!
  26. Bellarmine was invited to the A Sun to start next year. https://www.wdrb.com/sports/crawford-bellarmine-set-to-announce-move-to-ncaa-division-i/article_de0303a6-90f8-11e9-8b20-372ae2c7e255.html The Horizon League may invite them and iPFW after Bellarmine hase finished their transition.
  1. Load more activity