SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm actually glad to not see the gophs on the schedule this year. I may be in the minority on that but I like a variety of non-conference teams. I'd like to see BC or some other big-name Big 10 teams like Wisconsin. But I think a year off from UMN makes the years we play them even more fun.
  3. 100%…does that NCAA exhibition not count as a real game? If so, that’s dumb. Also, Manitoba instead of NTDP??? Also a step down
  4. i, for one, am glad to NOT see the U18 team...it is a no win game. let them play the ushl teams
  5. Montana quarterback Clifton McDowell transferred to Temple in January and is transferring again to McNeese St. That will be his 6th school in 6 years. He also committed to Southern for a couple weeks somewhere in his journey but never went there.
  6. I believe it’s the guy who owns Hoist hockey in Fargo
  7. Yeah that is a tough start to the season. We'll see how we measure up against some quality Eastern teams right away with Prov, BU, and Cornell. Would immensely help out the PWR if we can get a winning record out of those 5 games.
  8. Kato series and @ Bemidji on Flohockey, Cornell on ESPN+, and whatever is on CBSSN. Otherwise NCHC.tv for the rest. Might have already been discussed, but no NTDP. If it means an NCAA exhibition instead, great, but with the portal it's good to get blue chips here for a game rather than Manitoba.
  9. Today
  10. It's scary that the Regional is in Fargo. Not a good track record recently of taking advantage of the "Home" regional. Looking at our schedule early, we could definitely be behind the eight ball after the first month and a half of the season. Maybe a good thing the HOF game isn't a destination game.
  11. UND hockey 2024-25 schedule Oct. 5 — AUGUSTANA (exhibition) Oct. 12 — PROVIDENCE (U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game) Oct. 18-19 — at Minnesota State Oct. 25-26 — BOSTON UNIVERSITY Nov. 1-2 — at Cornell Nov. 8-9 — at Minnesota Duluth Nov. 15-16 — DENVER Nov. 22-23 — ROBERT MORRIS Nov. 29-30 — at Bemidji State/BEMIDJI STATE Dec. 6-7 — at Miami Dec. 13-14 — ST. CLOUD STATE Jan. 4 — MANITOBA (exhibition) Jan. 10-11 — at Arizona State Jan. 17-18 — WESTERN MICHIGAN Jan. 31-Feb. 1 — at St. Cloud State Feb. 7-8 — COLORADO COLLEGE Feb. 14-15 — at Denver Feb. 21-22 — MINNESOTA DULUTH Feb. 28-March 1 — at Western Michigan March 7-8 — OMAHA March 12 — NCHC play-in game (at site of No. 1 seed) March 14-16 — NCHC quarterfinals (site of higher seed) March 21-22 — NCHC Frozen Faceoff (Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minn.) March 27-30 — NCAA regionals (Fargo, Toledo, Allentown, Manchester) April 10-12 — NCAA Frozen Four (St. Louis) Some good, tough non-conf games in there with Providence, MSUM, BU, Cornell, Robert Morris, BSU (home & home), and then two exhibitions against Augustana & Manitoba.
  12. It's nice, it's about 18 minutes for me. They are good at getting people in and out of that area for events, they had Hockey, tennis and VB all going on at the same time.
  13. Looks like I'll be trying to get some ASU tickets in January. Haven't been to Mullett arena before, but it's only about 20min from my house. If anyone road trips down, let's grab some drinks!
  14. Who is running that Tier 1 attempt?
  15. They probably are doing it for consistent travel near the end of the regular season, so you aren't flying half way across the country possibly two weeks in a row. Still think it needs to be changed up on a year to year basis, as I am sick of Omaha for more than one reason.
  16. I've got Indiana State in the win column, but not a sure win since UND almost lost to them last year
  17. -2024 schedule is promising, but 2013-like disaster very possible. -Better players are crucial, especially after the transfer losses, but the coaches recruit/retain; falls back onto coaches. -Extending Bubba maintains status quo, no playoff success. -Passive change is only way UND improves to new level; that is, Bubba retirement only way things change. Bubba with apparent lifetime contract. Would like to see someone else get a chance at this point, maybe new OC ascends and Bubba allows him to have the job? Bubba's friends favor him over actual UND football results. Good for Bubba that he has made a lot of friends. -Bubba lacks leadership ability to compete regionally with big boys (NDSU, SDSU, Montana, Montana State)
  18. DU only plays Western, Duluth, St. Cloud and Omaha one series each. Now, more than ever, don't worry about the NCHC title, just set yourself up for postseason success, as schedule may very well dictate the champion.
  19. Isn't it because they are considered our "rival" pair? We always have to play them the last week, forever. Edit: nevermind I was just informed of this new pod system. Idk then.
  20. Yeah, so even with the new pods we have to play Omaha again the last weekend. Stupid.
  21. Would agree with this. Indiana State would be very winnable as well.
  22. NDSU just ended their spring season. The portal additions are coming
  23. https://theprovince.com/sports/canucks-check-those-vibes-its-time-for-a-new-goal-song#:~:text=It's only been two years,Blue Jackets in December 2021. interesting writeup....cool idea at the end. i think it would be pretty cool if every player had their choice of goal song when they score...........
  24. Almost impossible, facebook doesn't care..... at all. or how much you lose... they just want traffic. ANY facebook post or anything that leads you to another link to buy something should be looked at with 99% suspicion. The story of " my daughter (or vulnerable person" designed this shirt" is a common scam ploy, almost as bad as the "game will be broadcast here" links or the "tragic news just released footage"... phrase thank thing with heavy Indian based followers or profiles are that, India based troll farms. All these are super successful in scamming the facebook demographic. thing is you might actually get the shirt, drop shipping like that is easy but what they have is all your personal info and payment info. "All things" is basically the exact same but just gotten too big to "fail" in a way. Nobody is looking out for you, and everybody is trying to take advantage of you.... 2024ness is awesome......
  1. Load more activity