SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. https://denverpioneers.com/news/2024/4/19/du-pioneers-hockey-sean-behrens-signs-with-colorado-avalanche.aspx
  3. Former Shanley/Totino Grace player Patrick Bath has hit the portal. Spent his redshirt freshman year at Drake
  4. I hope you’re wrong, going to share any info or you just throwing that out there?
  5. I think a perfect blend of Hakstol's discipline and Berry’s father figure approach would be the best of both worlds.
  6. Today
  7. both those seasons were terrible compared with 21-22. If my memory serves right schmaltz continued to play in a top 6/more advantageous role while Matteo was buried buried. The fact schmaltz had 12 in 25 while playing top 6 and seeing pp time is actually worse if you ask me.
  8. Does reading comprehension elude you? Where did I make the comparison between the two for the 22-23 season. Constantini was bad that season. That's been acknowledged. Hopefully Schmaltz can double his point total from this season next season.....which would still not have him reach his Fr point total. You see what I did there??
  9. In the 2022-2023 season, which is what the coaches were making decisions on, Schmaltz outscored Costantini, no contest. Schmaltz went 5-7-12 points, Costantini just 2-1-3 points in 25 games. Based on that ...
  10. Yesterday
  11. To answer your question....yes. To the bolded part......Schmaltz says "Hold my beer". Again what's the difference? Schmaltz had ONE goal all season yet was on the ice plenty down the stretch vs MI when the team needed a goal to tie it up. Not bashing Schmaltz but......I'm obviously missing something between Constantini and him.
  12. The coaches see these guys in practice too. There are a number of factors, including attitude. Some players take coaching to heart, others think they know better than their coaches. It is like that in everyday life. We don't know, for the most part, what went on behind the scenes.
  13. Where has it been said Constantini was showed the door? Seemed like he left for lack of playing time?
  14. Forgot to answer this question. I think it was said that he played like 3-4 minutes in the game against MI, so even with Pyke out injured, he wasn't on the ice much at all.
  15. He wasn't to their level yet, for sure. And definitely a big part of that was because they all had substantially more NCAA playing time compared to him. It's a difficult path either way. If you play Benoit over a portal player, and he keeps making mistakes...does he become the scapegoat on here like so many before him? Remember Moore last year? Or Johnson the year before? I know these young players will make mistakes, it's part of the process...heck, even the experienced guys still made mistakes, especially down the stretch this year. But if a guy keeps repeatedly getting burned, at some point you have to get someone on the ice that isn't making (as many) mistakes. Like what happened with Johnson the second half of his year. For these decisions, ya have to trust the coaches. They know a heck of a lot more than all of us, and see these players every practice and every game to know which players to put on the ice to maximize our chances of winning. For sure. Schloss said that 40% of the 300+ players in the portal this year were 5th year COVID guys. Portal numbers should go down drastically in upcoming off-seasons.
  16. Does Costantini bear any responsibility for the course of events? He was given plenty of opportunities, up the lineup and on the PP, and had nothing. If he had contributed regularly on the scoresheet, he would have spent all year on the top lines. I don't know how the coaches are at fault for trimming the ice time of an unproductive player. Good for him that he turned it around, but he had a terrible year.
  17. Sic is there so often he has all the wall art and floor tile layout memorized.
  18. Once the extra Covid years have been exhausted, you won't have as many portal guys to choose from.
  19. Wasn't to the level of the other transfer portal D players who had 4 or more years of college hockey experience compared to Benoit; so obviously he wasn't going to be to their level ..yet, anyway. I don't think that's a fair comparison to players who have substantially more game experience than him. Not all players acclimate like Livanage, some need some patience to get up-to-speed. How did Benoit look in the regional against MI? Did he make glaring mistakes resulting in goals or opportunities for MI, or did he hold his own even though he saw limited time this year? I guess only time will tell if him leaving for QU was unfortunate for UND. I appreciate the feedback here, it helps me to learn more about the players.
  20. So we should focus on the portal more? I think we should focus more on getting the best talent we can and letting them learn on the job. Obviously some of those players won't work out, but if you hit on more than you miss, you'll be in the hunt at the end of the year. The coaches did a great job last off-season finding portal guys that fit in, but sometimes I think the coaches choose the short-term certainty of 5th and 6th year guys over the long-term potential of talented freshmen and sophomores.
  21. Should we be surprised Schloss didn't say much about Ludvig signing an ECHL deal? Maybe Berry could chime in on his situation? Hah, see what I did there.
  22. https://twitter.com/UNDsports/status/1781410588339425319
  23. Both Moore and Constantini had bad seasons in 2022-2023. Both had good seasons this past one. Schmaltz grossly underachieved this like Constantini did. One is coming back. One was told to get lost.
  1. Load more activity