SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah I could see him being satisfied with the regular season. Certainly not any of the postseason.
  3. Wasn't Gwoz fired for non-performance related reasons? I seem to remember it being a politically related firing.
  4. Berry is satisfied with the results of the 2023-2024 season? Or did you mean he was not satisfied?
  5. Really, then you haven't been listening to Brad Berry. He's satisfied with the results of the last season. He was on the next Tuesday with Tim Hennesey after the season was over, and said as much.
  6. Funny you should mention Monty, he's been the Bruins head coach for two season and has won 112-32-20 (.743) the last two season and some in Bruins nation want him fired if his team is bounced in the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
  7. You stated that you didn't think it was too much emphasis being put on the regular season (which maybe causing the team to peak too early), but rather a misuse of the high-ceiling talent we have. I thought that was the argument you were making.
  8. No, but that wasn't the issue I was highlighting.
  9. I'd rather a top nine (expected to score) and a grind. DU had 11 guys with 30+ points; UND had 4. The mindset needs to be more than "up one with 20 to play is good enough".
  10. This is my concern as well. This is the point I have been trying to make over and over.
  11. And what did they do? Gwoz wanted an extension but they instead fired him and hired Monty, who at the time was 43...can't keep relying on tradition to win recruiting battles. The player commits to the coach. Maybe for once in the history of our athletics we look outside of the program for a head coach.
  12. So UND's uninspired/lack-of-energy play the last few weeks of last year can be attributed to not playing high-ceiling guys enough throughout the regular season?
  13. Today
  14. I am open to other explanations and insights.
  15. All the more reason they should be committing to the school and not a specific coach.
  16. Some additional perspective on the idea that since the '16 championship, we are descending into an average program. Blue blood (and a couple of additional NCHC teams) winning percentage from the 2016-17 season through this past season. And keep in mind, that the NCHC has won 5 of the 7 national championships since the '16 championship, so we're playing in a pretty good conference. Denver - .700 Minnesota - .628 UND - .624 BU - .615 BC - .604 SCSU - .601 UMD - .595 Mich - .584 Wisconsin - .483
  17. My top six Mclaughlin/Berg/ Perron/James/Boisvert/Swanson third shut down line Jammer/Wilkie/strinden
  18. To me I feel it has to do more with Freund and Pawlek leaving. More with Pawlek since it was 2 OL that left. And maybe the new OL coach isnt the guy either. Yeah maybe they will get some money somewhere but I can't see it going over 25k. We will get more information when they sign with another team. Lets just hope Hagen doesn't go south a few miles.
  19. This is such a bad take
  20. Do you think Hagen is getting NIL offers and goes FBS? I know he’s been solid but just wondering.
  21. These kids make more than a CFL player does or NBA d league player they take a pay cut after graduation i wonder how much of this money is left after graduation or is in gold around the necks of some of these players same as the oil boom , everyone had all the toys in the world, no savings and nothing to show except bills when the bust came again ‘tell me where I’m wrong
  22. That's a legitimate critique: Two near-equal talents, Blais would always play the younger, less experienced to see if it'll grow further. Berry plays the older experienced (safe) option, see: Albrecht, Senden, Hain.
  23. Really want to give this a closer look. I don't believe Berry's issue is he puts too much emphasis on the regular season. I do believe, what @Oxbow6 is pointing out here is his issue. We can find examples every year where Berry favors Age / low ceiling over Youth / high ceiling. Next year's Freshman class will have it appears 4 pretty high-end guys (Boisvert / Swanson / Emery / Strathmann). Boisvert / Swanson (Top 6), I'd like to see Emery as the 1st RHD. In October / November, would there be safer plays? Of course. Jamernik / Wilkie probably will look better than Boisvert. Zmolek is a rock. What about in March? We can all agree something needs to change. IMO, it's building a line chart in October that will maximize the talent on your team by March.
  24. But as the more senior, mature members of fandom it's our jobs to provide history and perspective.
  25. Work for better is key. You can't just stand pat and think things are going to turn around or your cycle is going to wait as long as CC or Michigan Tech has, or worse yet become the Minnesota Vikings or Minnesota pro sports in general. If some of the other blue bloods like Minnesota, BC and Michigan win titles, that will be the next rallying cry, "well, the Vikings haven't ever won anything"? When we recruit with the premise that expectations are high and we expect to compete for championships consistently, then in the same breath say everything is cyclical, those two don't mesh. If everything is cyclical, then a program with the advantages of UND should hope for longer cycles of consistent success even if we don't win it all, much like under Hakstol. Still waiting for the Bison cycle to really turn downward where they don't even make the playoffs. What is the plan to move past the first round loss cycle and missing out completely, or are they just going by the premise that we will enter a "lucky" cycle soon. The last thing I want is a malaise to develop over the hockey program that has developed in some of our other sports where the expectation isn't even there anymore.
  26. Not many kids in the student section the past couple years even remember those UND champions......
  1. Load more activity