SiouxSports.com Forum

Little Caesars North American Hockey Showcase 2008

The Sicatoka

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of players for Russell Stover were with us when we traveled to Wisconsin. I guess you could say they are recruits. Without looking at the roster I forgot their names (I posted them in the recruits thread)...I think one's last name is Clarke. One kid is huge for his age.

A couple of players for Russell Stover were with us when we traveled to Wisconsin. I guess you could say they are recruits. Without looking at the roster I forgot their names (I posted them in the recruits thread)...I think one's last name is Clarke. One kid is huge for his age.

I hope the Sioux are looking at Adam Wiesner and Ryan Knutson on Russell Stover's they are good players that I had the priveldge to coach. Along with Kevin Donohue the goaltender for the Texas Attack.

They are all very good players. Ryan Knutson has a shoulder injury but was a top performer prior to his injury.

Adam has good size speed and plays with his head.

Kevin Donohue is a very good goaltender good size good hands... Good Skates.

I would love to have one or more of these guys land at Grand Forks in the next few years...

John Notermann..

If anyone is going please give me a report on Adam and Kevin.

Thanks

That would be Garrett Clarke. He's among the top '92 defenseman in the world. I think he's already had some scholarship offers. He might end up in the QMJHL though.

Is Adam Wiesner playing for Russell Stover now? I see he hasn't played for Kenai in a while, but I'm surprised he moved down there. He was a good high school player, but I doubt he's the type of kid that would be on the Sioux radar.

I don't know much about the Canadian teams, but I think Shattuck should be the heavy favorite to win the tournament, followed by Russell Stover.

That would be Garrett Clarke. He's among the top '92 defenseman in the world. I think he's already had some scholarship offers. He might end up in the QMJHL though.

Is Adam Wiesner playing for Russell Stover now? I see he hasn't played for Kenai in a while, but I'm surprised he moved down there. He was a good high school player, but I doubt he's the type of kid that would be on the Sioux radar.

I don't know much about the Canadian teams, but I think Shattuck should be the heavy favorite to win the tournament, followed by Russell Stover.

Besides Shattuck and Russell Stover, I would also keep an eye on Little Ceasar's, they have been a college pipeline for many years. I will be in attendance later tonight, I have previous commitments beforehand. I will also be in attendance Friday and Saturday afternoon.

PER BRAD - besides david toews.......a little info

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

There are other notable players and coaches in the tournament, too.

Former Sioux defenseman Jason Herter coaches Russell Stover and former Sioux forward Doug Smail coaches the Colorado Outlaws.

Nolan Zajac, the youngest of the Zajac brothers and the only defenseman, plays for the Winnipeg Thrashers.

C.J. Ludwig, the son of former Sioux defenseman Craig Ludwig, plays for the Dallas Stars.

Jon Merrill, the youngest player ever to commit to college (14 years, 8 months -- Michigan), plays for Little Caesars.

And David Carle, the younger brother of former DU defenseman and Hobey Baker winner Matt Carle, plays for Shattuck.

Does anybody have any Idea how David compares to Jonathan at that age?

i heard hes pretty damn good but not jonny good but there are very few out there that are i guess. i think hes lsited at 5'10 185 or somethng around that so shorter for sure. i think jon came in at the age david is right now didnt he? as jon came in a year early age wise so that prettt much sums up how good jon was at this age.

Besides Shattuck and Russell Stover, I would also keep an eye on Little Ceasar's, they have been a college pipeline for many years. I will be in attendance later tonight, I have previous commitments beforehand. I will also be in attendance Friday and Saturday afternoon.

The Midget Major teams in the MWEHL aren't as strong. Most of the real college prospects are gone to the NTDP, USHL, or OHL by that age. Obviously Merrill is solid, but after that, I don't think there are any 'can't miss' types on the team. I like Ryan Misiak off of that team, as well as defenseman Alec Thieda, but they're more the type that would have to play junior hockey for a while.

Shattuck(had a supplemental roster different from the one in the program). Anyway they looked real good, after 2 they were up 6-1 and shots were 45-5. Toews looked real good! Bruneteau was solid as well. Wisconsin is getting a couple good players in Stepan and Murray.

The Texas Attack also looked good in beating Smail's Colorado team(they got a couple goals late to make it close)

Russel Stover tied the Winnnipeg Thrashers 3-3, scoring a goal shorthanded with about a minute to go, not sure why Winnipeg was pressing so hard on the power play when they were up a goal and time running down?

Was planning on leaving, but ended up watching the Dallas Stars and Little Caesars game until the end. 4-4 tie, Little Caesars scored with the extra attacker with about a minute to go. Does anyone know if these 2 teams have a history cuz it was a nasty game right from the drop of the puck..defintely some bad blood between those 2 teams.

The Midget Major teams in the MWEHL aren't as strong. Most of the real college prospects are gone to the NTDP, USHL, or OHL by that age. Obviously Merrill is solid, but after that, I don't think there are any 'can't miss' types on the team. I like Ryan Misiak off of that team, as well as defenseman Alec Thieda, but they're more the type that would have to play junior hockey for a while.

C- Does Merrill play tough in the corners? He's 2 years younger than most players, correct?

Merrill played pretty tough out there tonight. He is younger, but he is a big kid 6-3, 180.

On another note Ludwig is a bull out there even though he isn't real big 5-11, 170. A kid from Little Caesars had about a 5 stride run at him in open ice right after he snapped a shot from the point and Ludwig didn't even move and the kid that hit him was doubled over holding his shoulder as he slowly made his way back to the bench.

Merrill played pretty tough out there tonight. He is younger, but he is a big kid 6-3, 180.

On another note Ludwig is a bull out there even though he isn't real big 5-11, 170. A kid from Little Caesars had about a 5 stride run at him in open ice right after he snapped a shot from the point and Ludwig didn't even move and the kid that hit him was doubled over holding his shoulder as he slowly made his way back to the bench.

Ludwig sounds a little like Jones.