Miami #1 vs Air Force or Bemidji state #16

UND #8 vs Northeastern #9

Denver #2 vs Air Force or Bemidji State #15

New Hampshire #7 vs UMass #10

Michigan #3 vs Clarkson #14

Michigan State #6 vs BC # 11

Notre Dame #4 vs Lowell #13

CC #5 vs MN #12

Only 2 intraconference first round matchups and they are both 2 vs 3 seed matchups. Swap out MN for BC and then UMass for MN. This gives CC (the top 2 seed the second to lowest 3 seed as an opponent).

Now we have:

Northeast Regional

Miami #1 vs Bemidji State #16

Midwest Regional

Denver #2 vs Air Force #15 (rivalry = potential upset = good for college hockey and attendance)

New Hampshire #7 vs MN #12

East Regional

Michigan State #6 vs UMass #10

West Regional

CC #5 vs BC #11

No intraconference first rounds, no one compalining too badly.

Locations:

CC will clearly play at home as the host school in the West Regional in Colorado Springs. Clarkson is the only ECAC representative, so they will be in the East Regional in Albany, NY as the host is ECAC hockey and RPI. Northeastern is from Boston, and they will buoy attendance in Worcester...so will adopted Gopher upset sister school-UND for host Holy Cross. That's the Northeast Regional. Gopher faithful will follow the rodents to Madtown for the midwest regional.

Northeast Regional : 4 conferences represented

East Regional: 3 conferences represented (2 CCHA teams)

West Regional: 3 conferences represented (2 Hockey East teams)

Midwest Regional: 3 conferences represented (2 WCHA teams)

Now we have:

Northeast Regional

Miami #1 vs Bemidji State #16

Midwest Regional

Denver #2 vs Air Force #15 (rivalry = potential upset = good for college hockey and attendance)

New Hampshire #7 vs MN #12

East Regional

Michigan State #6 vs UMass #10

West Regional

CC #5 vs BC #11

I like UND's bracket here. I think they can take Northeastern and Miami.

Denver or UMN in the Midwest.

Michigan in the East.

CC in the West.

Interesting to note that of the 16 teams in the field, UND has 8 on the schedule. If you exclude ourselves that's 8 of 15. We have yet to play Bemidji State and New Hampshire, but we have a better than .500 record against the field. 1-1-0 vs Denver, 1-1-0 vs CC, 1-1-0 vs MN, 1-0-0 vs MSU, 0-0-1 vs BC, 1-0-0 vs Northeastern, 2 games vs NH, 2 games vs BSU.

We aren't rolling over teams, but I think that some of the naysayers have lost some perspective. There is not a team that we can not beat in the one and done NCAA tournament.

Interesting to note that of the 16 teams in the field, UND has 8 on the schedule. If you exclude ourselves that's 8 of 15. We have yet to play Bemidji State and New Hampshire, but we have a better than .500 record against the field. 1-1-0 vs Denver, 1-1-0 vs CC, 1-1-0 vs MN, 1-0-0 vs MSU, 0-0-1 vs BC, 1-0-0 vs Northeastern, 2 games vs NH, 2 games vs BSU.

We aren't rolling over teams, but I think that some of the naysayers have lost some perspective. There is not a team that we can not beat in the one and done NCAA tournament.

On the flip side, I don't think there's a team in the current field that can't beat us either.....Let's hope we begin our turn-around on the 28th. We still have an outside shot at a #1 seed and it starts with a sweep of UNH.

On the flip side, I don't think there's a team in the current field that can't beat us either.....Let's hope we begin our turn-around on the 28th. We still have an outside shot at a #1 seed and it starts with a sweep of UNH.

Sweep UNH and we have a VERY good chance at a #1.

A number one seed would be great for the last line change. I really just want to avoid another WCHA team in the Regional. I agree with the statement that any team can win in the one and done. Bounces, goalies standing on their heads...it can definitely lead to upsets ala Holy Cross.

Think about the game winners in both the Final 5 and the Regional last year vs MN. Wheeler's goal...pure miracle; Porter's wraparound...save is made 99% of the time. One and done makes for anything can happen.

We haven't had a lot of puck luck this year...hopefully Kermit is waiting for the NCAA run :cool:

I'm not really sure how the whole pairwise regional selection takes place. Is it possible for UND to play in Madison? Even if not, I'll have to get a UNH shirt if they end up playing the gophers there! Or would Holy Cross be better?

yes it is very possible, depends on seeding and if the badgers are in the tourney and where they are seeded in accordance with und.

I'm not really sure how the whole pairwise regional selection takes place. Is it possible for UND to play in Madison? Even if not, I'll have to get a UNH shirt if they end up playing the gophers there! Or would Holy Cross be better?

they can end up anywhere really, just depends on many factors.

The NCAA will set up the Regional locations by first using the brackets in their full integrity (only compromising to prevent an intraconference first round matchup) and seeing which brackets a host school falls into. In the current scenario only CC and the ECAC (Clarkson) are hosts. Holy Cross and Bucky don't make the cut on this early pass at bracketology.

The other two brackets will then find their region based on #1 seed proximity and attendence concerns.

The NCAA will set up the Regional locations by first using the brackets in their full integrity (only compromising to prevent an intraconference first round matchup) and seeing which brackets a host school falls into. In the current scenario only CC and the ECAC (Clarkson) are hosts. Holy Cross and Bucky don't make the cut on this early pass at bracketology.

The other two brackets will then find their region based on #1 seed proximity and attendence concerns.

Never forget, this is the NCAA, so they can make any change they want to make more money. some times it helps you, some times it hurts, but with the NCAA, making more money will trump any bracket integrity.

Never forget, this is the NCAA, so they can make any change they want to make more money. some times it helps you, some times it hurts, but with the NCAA, making more money will trump any bracket integrity. it usually helps und, but it is always a factor.

I would argue this point. UND got stuck in brackets with Michigan and Minnesota the past 2 years. Not exactly a cake walk to the Frozen Four.

I would argue this point. UND got stuck in brackets with Michigan and Minnesota the past 2 years. Not exactly a cake walk to the Frozen Four.

You beat my edit, I took it back, something stuck in my head from 10 years ago, but I can't prove it now, so forget it. but, if the ncaa could make a buck by screwing you guys over, they would.