SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

My idea from the beginning (other than keeping Sioux) is to sell the rights to our name.

North Dakota Coca-Cola's

North Dakota Dodge Rams

North Dakota Waste Managements

North Dakota Jim Beams

Just think, instead of us paying to keep a nickname, we'd get paid to wear one.

That's actually a great idea, and with the way corporate sponsorship is taking over everything else, I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen in the future...we could be pioneers!

I think the ND Dodge Rams would be the best out of what you mentioned...we could then just go by the Rams. The only problem is that Dodge typically uses red vehicles in their commercials...I wonder if they'd object to green, white and black? :sad::)

All the good nicknames are taken. Maybe being so far north we should embrase our location.

Like the The North Face. Here comes The Face.Who can draw up a neet looking north face?

Just trying to help.

Well, seeing as there is no Mt. Everest with a "North Face" anywhere around GF, I decided to post this:

Whistling Straits is a golf course, but the logo is sweet.

wi_ws_logo.gif

I don't know if this has been suggested but what about the Fighting Dakotas. With or without the logo. If we lose the logo we could be in the same boat as Illinois. Fighting Illini-Fighting Dakotas. I can see the NCAA having a hissy with the indian logo but maybe a new logo with Dakota.

Well, seeing as there is no Mt. Everest with a "North Face" anywhere around GF, I decided to post this:

Whistling Straits is a golf course, but the logo is sweet.

wi_ws_logo.gif

Most people want to keep the nickname. But if it goes what do we do? Go with no nickname or pick one and move on. When I was in Lubbock for the FB game Muss said on the radio that UND was in the top 15 in the country for merchandizing. Pretty impressive. That is one mean looking logo. Thanks

Flying Sioux?

ACD2194.jpg

The H-13 was used for observation, reconnaissance and in the MedEvac role as a litter carrier in Korea, following initial fielding in 1951. The H-13 earned the nickname "Angel of Mercy" for evacuating some 18,000 United Nation's casualties during the war.

Hostile and abusive? I think not................

• 3 weeks later...
If we're going to sell sponsorships, how about

HEEEEEERRRRRRRRE COME YOUR UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA....PONTIACS!

Riiiiiiiiight. Named after Chief Pontiac of the Ottawa tribe. That would fix the NCAA and I am sure that they wouldn't mind at all.

Not trying to be an asshole here. But some of these nickname ideas are absolutely terrible. Everything from going back to the flickertails to Aviators...

Cmon guys, really to go from Fighting Sioux to these....

This forum discussion needs to go away, it produces nothing good.