SiouxSports.com Forum

Random Nickname Ideas

GeauxSioux

This one should appeal to those who like Cavalry, hockey fans and Goon, especially. :silly:

Dragoons

Dragoons were originally infantrymen deployed by horse, but later became cavalry. They were therefore trained in horse riding as well as infantry fighting skills. Dragoon regiments were established in most European armies during the late 17th and early 18th centuries. Originally dragoons were considered as separate from regular cavalry, but during the 18th century they evolved into conventional mounted troops trained to fight from horseback.

I watched "Patriot" over the weekend and heard the term used often.

speaking of Dogs, and I know this one has been brought up before, but Sundogs is nice name. People would probably abreviate it and we'd just go by "the Dogs". I actually like it.

Ok, Have at me. ;)

No one is going to "have at you" unless you are truly insecure. :p

It's alright I guess.

My father likes the UND Frontier...

I told him why not make us the UND Fly Overs.

The only certainty in the nickname world is that, whatever the nickname is, many won't like it.

My biggest fear is that those who fought to change the nickname will try to take the lead in replacing the nickname. A win like this will inflate their sense of self-importance.

speaking of Dogs, and I know this one has been brought up before, but Sundogs is nice name. People would probably abreviate it and we'd just go by "the Dogs". I actually like it.

Ok, Have at me. ;)

Ok, I'll have at you. It's a stupid name suggested by the same PC rejects (and I'm not suggesting that you're one of them simply because you like this particular abomination) that want to retire the present nickname. So, if the "Sundogs" nickname is selected, we'd be known as "the Dogs" like Duluth, Ferris State, SCSU, etc. etc.......Wonderful!!!!!! If the present nickname is ditched, the "North Dakota" is all we'll need and I bet Sicatoka would let the U use his avatar, for a small yearly fee, as a logo; it would look nice, I think. Why not let the sports teams serve as marketing tools for and make money off of the state identity itself rather than via some stupid replacement logo/nickname?

Ok, Have at me. ;)

Automatically disqualified because it's the name first brought up by BRIDGES.

Next, do you know what a sundog is? It's a meterological sign that it is cold and going to get brutally colder. That would be stereotyping of North Dakota weather, and we all know that (as Ron White says) " ... stereotyping is wrong."