SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley vs. Bucky

siouxnami

The Main Event...  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a fight between Joe Finley and an oversized Badger?

• Joe Finley
    • Bucky

Andy Baggot is a good source, so there may be something to this. I suspect that if Joe did do something it was the results of an action by Bucky. Personally I can just picture the teams leaving the ice and all of the sudden Bucky's head come rolling out on the ice...

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/256337

Edit: OK maybe Baggot is not such a good source. I guess he can't even look at a roster to see that UND has no Max Watkins...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things escalated in the second game, which saw North Dakota gain a split with a 3-1 victory. Winger Max Watkins thumped Turris in the neutral zone, Finley literally tackled Turris along the right boards, senior defenseman Robbie Bina put a headlock on Turris in the corner and junior center Rylan Kaip made a point of trying to drive Turris to the ice during every faceoff.

Poor little guy. How can he play hockey with all those goons watching over him? :blush:

As Oshie later stated in the article, it comes with the territory when you're a talented player. Just ask Parise. :D

The article mentioned that Turris leads the nation in points per game, but neglected to mention how many points he has gotten in his first 4 WCHA games (2 assists). ;)

Meanwhile, a UW official confirmed that Finley allegedly used his stick to smack Bucky Badger in the leg when the two passed one another on the runway to the dressing rooms Saturday night.

UW senior associate athletic director Vince Sweeney said Sunday he had not spoken with the student, who he identified as David Blanchard, but it was Sweeney's understanding that the alleged incident was unprovoked.

"We'll talk about it (today),'' Sweeney said. "We may pass it along to the (WCHA).''

Pass it along to the WCHA? What the heck are they going to do? Maybe instead of Bucky Badger, his name should be Baby Badger.

If it's true that he hit a mascot, well, that's pretty weak and classless. I'd hoep you fans would say the same. You can't defend an action like that. Hitting a mascot is pretty weak. Then again, if it's false, well, that's just emabrrasing for UW to try and start a rumor.

If it's true that he hit a mascot, well, that's pretty weak and classless. I'd hoep you fans would say the same. You can't defend an action like that. Hitting a mascot is pretty weak. Then again, if it's false, well, that's just emabrrasing for UW to try and start a rumor.

No, its pretty funny. Just imagine how many people have wanted to smash that awkward mascot.

There is nothing more stupid then the "classless" arguments in sports. The battle over who has class and who does not is annoying, and played out. Class speaks for itself and does not need to be defined by rubes on message boards.

He hit a clown with a stick, and I am yet to see or hear about a medical report... Goldy, you're next you rat bastard

There are two sides to every story. We're only getting the Wisconsin side.

Why is it that Eaves just seems like a chronic whiner? Nearly every freakin' game, he seems to complain about opposing fans, players, officials, whatever, etc., and it doesn't matter if he's lost the game or not. Maybe he needs to quit the aroma therapy during his pedicures, and get on the ice with his players.

As for Bucky the Mascot, that's a damn big badger, so I think any hit was justified. Maybe next time, Joe can use a rifle. :blush:;)

Eaves should have a news conference today, I'll watch for anything interesting.

he can address how hard it is for a guy like turris to be concentrated on for 4 games straight and how hard it is for a mascot having to skate after getting chopped by paul bunyans axe

then oshie and duncs will chime in and say "welcome to the wcha" sack up :blush:

he can address how hard it is for a guy like turris to be concentrated on for 4 games straight and how hard it is for a mascot having to skate after getting chopped by paul bunyans axe

then oshie and duncs will chime in and say "welcome to the wcha" sack up :blush:

Sounds like the only thing the Badgers were missing on Saturday night was an ugly gold and maroon jersey with an "M" on it...;)

Why is it that Eaves just seems like a chronic whiner? Nearly every freakin' game, he seems to complain about opposing fans, players, officials, whatever, etc., and it doesn't matter if he's lost the game or not. Maybe he needs to quit the aroma therapy during his pedicures, and get on the ice with his players.

Kind of like us on this board... :blush:

GAME SUMMARY

Scoring By Period

USA 0 1 0 1

RUS 1 0 1 2

First Period - 1, RUS, Orlov #28 (Orlov #15, Salatov), 12:21 (pp). .

Second Period - 1, USA, Palmieri (Calabrese), 16:47.

Third Period - Scoring: 2, RUS, Semen (Orlov #15, Molotiov), 6:57 (pp).

Shots by Period 1 2 3 Total

USA 7 13 9 29

RUS 7 12 7 26

Goaltenders (SH/SV) 1 2 3 Total

USA Maxwell 60:00 7-6 12-12 7-6 26-24

RUS, Reyzbikh 60:00 7-7 13-12 9-9 29-28

Power Play: USA 0-2; RUS 2-12

I'm thinking the boys felt like they got a served a little Russian home cookin' based on the last line of the box and literally went nuts. :)

GAME SUMMARY

Scoring By Period

USA 0 1 0 1

RUS 1 0 1 2

First Period - 1, RUS, Orlov #28 (Orlov #15, Salatov), 12:21 (pp). .

Second Period - 1, USA, Palmieri (Calabrese), 16:47.

Third Period - Scoring: 2, RUS, Semen (Orlov #15, Molotiov), 6:57 (pp).

Shots by Period 1 2 3 Total

USA 7 13 9 29

RUS 7 12 7 26

Goaltenders (SH/SV) 1 2 3 Total

USA Maxwell 60:00 7-6 12-12 7-6 26-24

RUS, Reyzbikh 60:00 7-7 13-12 9-9 29-28

Power Play: USA 0-2; RUS 2-12

I'm thinking the boys felt like they got a served a little Russian home cookin' based on the last line of the box and literally went nuts. :)

wow, yeah thats some home cooking 12-2 on PP

Andy Baggot is a good source, so there may be something to this. I suspect that if Joe did do something it was the results of an action by Bucky. Personally I can just picture the teams leaving the ice and all of the sudden Bucky's head come rolling out on the ice...

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/256337

Edit: OK maybe Baggot is not such a good source. I guess he can't even look at a roster to see that UND has no Max Watkins...

Besides calling Watkins, "Max", he stated the the Wisco player has his head down and facing the boards. From the camera angle that I saw it from, it looks like he has his right side to the boards, not facing it at all. :)