SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers Saturday Night

Sioux-cia

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they played good last night. couldnt score. had many good scoring chances as a simple shot chart total is OVERRATED. its all about scoring opportunities and then finishing them. score 3 or more tonight and its 2 points.

4-1 sioux win, welcome to SPLITSVILLE

wonder if forney or miller will get a night on the ice

Lines are up on Brad's Blog and it looks as if Miller will be replacing Martens but no Forney:

UND's lines

16 Ryan Duncan--29 Chris VandeVelde--7 T.J. Oshie

5 Chay Genoway--17 Rylan Kaip--20 Matt Watkins

22 Brad Malone--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

10 Andrew Kozek--19 Evan Trupp--14 Brad Miller

2 Joe Finley--28 Robbie Bina

6 Zach Jones--4 Taylor Chorney

25 Jake Marto--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Wisconsin's lines

22 Ben Street--19 Kyle Turris--8 Podge Turnbull

6 Josh Engel--5 Blake Geoffrion--10 Patrick Johnson

24 John Mitchell--16 Sean Dolan--18 Matt Ford

9 Michael Davies--13 Aaron Bendickson--14 Ben Grotting

7 Brendan Smith--20 Kyle Klubertanz

4 Davis Drewiske--27 Cody Goloubef

17 Ryan McDonagh--2 Jamie McBain

35 Shane Connelly

1 Scott Gudmandson

Missed most of Hak's comments due to internet delay:

Early on, I thought we had two great opportunities. T.J. missed one high and wide and Frattin missed one high and wide a little later on. Have to get those on net.

Zajac, Frattin, and Malone played with a lot of energy. The first 4 minutes wasn't very good for us. It took us 16 minutes before we had a really good shift, and those guys continued to do well throughout the night. Malone drew a couple of penalties. They'll stay together tonight, but they need to have something to show for it.

Martens out tonight and Miller in. Most of the reason is due to injury. He took a shot to his hand last night, so we're going to take him out tonight. I thought he played pretty well last night. Brad needs to show intensity and battle, and he knows that. We're playing in a tough building and tough team.

Phil's a good player and a good goaltender. He knows last night wasn't his best night. He knows that. We don't need to talk too much about it with him.

I think to win tonight is very important. We're into our 9th game now. A quarter part of our season. I think if we win tonight, we've done well. Only one loss that we're really disappointed in up to this point and that was last Saturday night. Need a split on the road.

That actually make sense to me, no offense to Forney. The only player I can think of him replacing would be Genoway, and Chay has been a part of special teams, so no go there.

Why would he replace Genoway? I personally don't see Chay sitting any games this year, unless he's injured. I could be wrong, but he has amazing speed, and I see Hak either playing him at forward or defense, but regardless, playing him somewhere.

Why would he replace Genoway? I personally don't see Chay sitting any games this year, unless he's injured. I could be wrong, but he has amazing speed, and I see Hak either playing him at forward or defense, but regardless, playing him somewhere.

I definitely didn't post what I intended to say...

I just quick glanced through the lines and everyone played well last night, so I picked Chay. I had his article quote in my head where he says he feels he is a better defenseman than forward, and that somehow made me think of him as the forward least likely to play that position the following night.

I agree with you and don't think Genoway should be sat. In hind sight, if Forney did replace Chay, Genoway would probably move back and replace Marto on D.

Does this make sense? I tend to ramble, even when I type.

Not that any of this matters, anyway. :angry: