SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADGERS

AZSIOUX

und.gifVS uw.gif

Sioux coming off split at home to CC and BADgers coming off split to Tech at home. Always tough in the WCHA home or away. Lets worry about Friday then go from there. GO SIOUX

SIOUX

Overall Record: 4-2-1 (.643)

WCHA: 2-2-0, 4 points

Home: 2-1-0

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say how this series will go. Sioux have not done all that well in Madison in the past few years. Wisconsin is a young team and you'd think the Sioux would do well in this series. However, I am predicting a split. It is really hard to sweep any WCHA team on the road.

Hard to say how this series will go. Sioux have not done all that well in Madison in the past few years. Wisconsin is a young team and you'd think the Sioux would do well in this series. However, I am predicting a split. It is really hard to sweep any WCHA team on the road.

What about denver at the goophs? :D

Hopefully the offense can get rolling and use the additional space on the bigger ice sheet to their advantage. I'll be looking for the Sioux to play a little tighter defensively and reduce the number of odd-man chances against.

It helps that UW isn't nearly as good at the transition game as CC is. CC is so fast and their dmen can transition the play from their defensive zone so well. UW won't have as many odd man rushes because of this IMO.

I would like to think that a veteran Sioux team could get a sweep against a young UW team, but being that UW has looked good and the fact that the series is in Madison, I'd be happy with a split. UW has some talented freshmen, although Tech proved that Turris can be kept off the scoreboard when he isn't playing teams like Robert Morris (just 1A on the weekend). I think if the Sioux can stop that first line from UW with Turris and Street, that they should be able to get at least 3-4 points on the weekend.

Another series that could play out very differently depending on if holding and obstructions is or is not a penalty. Very few penalties called in the MTU/Wisco series, leading one to believe that neither was a penalty last weekend :D

It helps that UW isn't nearly as good at the transition game as CC is. CC is so fast and their dmen can transition the play from their defensive zone so well. UW won't have as many odd man rushes because of this IMO.

I would like to think that a veteran Sioux team could get a sweep against a young UW team, but being that UW has looked good and the fact that the series is in Madison, I'd be happy with a split. UW has some talented freshmen, although Tech proved that Turris can be kept off the scoreboard when he isn't playing teams like Robert Morris (just 1A on the weekend). I think if the Sioux can stop that first line from UW with Turris and Street, that they should be able to get at least 3-4 points on the weekend.

UW's trasition game is leaps and bounds over what it was in years past. With the 3 young free wheeling freshman D back there they have really helped out the transition game.

Yeah well what about it. How often do the Goofs get swept at home? I would characterize it as rare.

It happens, and it's not as rare as everyone thinks it is We dropped 7 of 8 games in one stretch last year. Not to mention being swept by St. Cloud, and Maine at other times during the last two years. I'm sure there are others I can't recall.

Prediction:

The Sioux come out firing (and flaming mad about the loss last saturday) and storm the BADgers friday night:

Sioux 5-0 UW

Saturday's Game is closer, Wisco gets ahead, but the Sioux tie it late:

Sioux 2-2 UW, OT

There, I predicted a tie..."sue" me.

I would agree, sweeping the goophs at home is rare, but i highly doubt they are the same team they have been this year. it may not take much this year. Maybe we will do the same?

will be a tough weekend for us. Badgers are good, but so are we. Lets take it to em and sweep em. If we do, it will be close. im predicting 5-4 fri night and 4-2 sat night.

If I remember right, not that long ago a Sioux team got a sweep in Wisconsin. I think all the Sioux need is a couple of ties or a Split.

Anything more is a plus...

Ugghhh. I remember that too. I was there. :D

EDIT: I read that totally wrong!

I was there when the Sioux were swept, but not when we were the sweepers!

I'm not saying they shouldn't get 3 points, I was just saying transition game definitely isn't a factor.

Chuck I was wondering if you have a prediction for the Badgers and Sioux? I am thinking it should be pretty even based on common opponents. But also what time of year this game but lastly its in Wisconsin where the Sioux seem to lose no matter what the Badges record is.... I am thinking Split... Anything more is a bonus. I would be actually be happy with both teams playing in a sister kissing trap feast ties at 2-2 each game...

Edited by Goon

Chuck I was wondering if you have a prediction for the Badgers and Sioux? I am thinking it should be pretty even based on common opponents. But also what time of year this game but lastly its in Wisconsin where the Sioux seem to lose no matter what the Badges record is.... I am thinking Split... Anything more is a bonus. I would be actually be happy with both teams playing in a sister kissing trap feast ties at 2-2 each game...

I don't think you'll see a trap fest this weekend as Wisconsin has a lot more skilled players then in years past . Good puck moving defensemen are really what helps both Wisconsin and North Dakota on the offensive end. On the other side, those d-men need to be a lot more responsible for both teams. Both teams have been giving up too many odd man rushes. I think North Dakota definitely has the edge experience wise which should help them. It should be interesting to see who Wisconsin has in the lineup this weekend. Saturday Eaves benched Davies who had been playing on the first line for most of the year and Turnbull who Davies had replaced on the first line. All in all I think a split is in the works but at the time North Dakota is the better team so I wouldn't be shocked to see a North Dakota sweep.

I like Chuck's analysis. It's a big sports weekend in Madison, the students will be pumped Friday night. Badger Football at 11am Sat. in Madison vs. Michigan, then closing it out with another great game Sat night. I'd say a split is optimistic, but you never know with this Sioux team. Which team will show up this weekend? Last Friday nights team? Sat nights team? Sat night vs. Tech team? Just goes to show, on any given night, anyone is beatable.

I like Chuck's analysis. It's a big sports weekend in Madison, the students will be pumped Friday night. Badger Football at 11am Sat. in Madison vs. Michigan, then closing it out with another great game Sat night. I'd say a split is optimistic, but you never know with this Sioux team. Which team will show up this weekend? Last Friday nights team? Sat nights team? Sat night vs. Tech team? Just goes to show, on any given night, anyone is beatable.

God, I wish I was a beer distributor in Madison Wisconsin a guy could make a lot of money. :D