Yote 53

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...mp;ATCLID=73982

or

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...mp;ATCLID=75644

These would be comparisons. TAMUK is the worst team on the schedule as of now.

Maybe if you talk about the road schedule but the HOME schedule is PITIFUL!

Texas AM Kingsville, a bad D2 team, is arguably the worst team on the home schedule but there are some pretty bad teams. How about winless Southern Utah? How about the St Cloud State out of the NSIC? THey

were 1-7 in the NCC last year. The only game that will be competitive is South Dakota.

I tell you this.... I don't miss the schedule during the transition becaue we had some horrible games too. Crookston does have an opening... tempting huh?

Texas AM Kingsville is a really bad D2 team... "This will be the Javs' ninth game in a domed stadium and the first since a 52-7 loss to North Dakota State in the Fargodome in 2000."

Not quite sure what your point is here. Maybe you'd rather have UND schedule Valpo? ???

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to an event tonight that both Cal Poly's head football coach and AD will be at. I will try to see if a UND/Cal Poly game next year is still a possibility. I am would really like to see that game happen in 2008.

Did you get any good info last night Slo?

Was at Sioux boosters today and Coach Mussman said that they had a signed contract from Cal-Poly for a game this year and that the Great West commissioner voided the contract. UND is having a tough time finding quality opponents because no one wants to play us. Said that the AD at Western Illinois said that their is no way they will play us. Said conversations on the phone with potential opponents go along these lines "Are you the team that beat Minnesota or the one that beat Northern Iowa, either way we don't want to play you."

Was at Sioux boosters today and Coach Mussman said that they had a signed contract from Cal-Poly for a game this year and that the Great West commissioner voided the contract. UND is having a tough time finding quality opponents because no one wants to play us. Said that the AD at Western Illinois said that their is no way they will play us. Said conversations on the phone with potential opponents go along these lines "Are you the team that beat Minnesota or the one that beat Northern Iowa, either way we don't want to play you."

What was the reason for the commissioner voiding the contract?

Was at Sioux boosters today and Coach Mussman said that they had a signed contract from Cal-Poly for a game this year and that the Great West commissioner voided the contract.

He must be thinking that Poly having both NDSU and SDSU on the schedule in 04 is what kept them out of the playoffs and with the great team Poly has coming back in 08, vowed not to let happen again.

He must be thinking that Poly having both NDSU and SDSU on the schedule in 04 is what kept them out of the playoffs and with the great team Poly has coming back in 08, vowed not to let happen again.

That, or there was zero chance of UC Davis scheduling USD and he didn't want the two new schools treated differently.

That, or there was zero chance of UC Davis scheduling USD and he didn't want the two new schools treated differently.

That is all a pretty reasonable way to handle the situation I suppose. I do remember hearing Lennon say shortly after the season ended that they had contracts with all of the GWFC teams. I assume that since both Cali schools have realistic chances of getting at-large berths to the playoffs, the commissioner wants to put them in the best situation possible for that to happen, and doesn't want one of the new members to receive more benefits from conference membership than the other. I don't like it, but I get it. I did hope that the rare 12 game season would allow for the full round-robin schedule though, despite the non-counter status of the UxD's.

If indeed Grom voided the UND-CP contract to create a more "equitable" schedule, I wonder if he will also force UND to travel back to South Dakota in 2008 for a second consecutive year? The Yotes currently don't have any conference home games scheduled, and that would be about the only way they'll get one.

However it shakes out, I certainly hope that the GWFC starting in 2009 gives each member two home games and two away. With only four games a year set in stone for the next 5 years, at the very least, the calendar should be flexible enough that it should be doable.

I doubt the Commissioner's motivation was to police Cal Poly's schedule for their own good. I think Hammersmith's explanation is much more plausible.

I think the USD-UND game will be played in Vermillion again. The league will want to ensure that everyone has at least one home conference game. That kind of takes away the benefit of UND thinking ahead and scheduling Southern Utah to a home-and-home. But at the same time, the GWFC has no obligation to continue the NCC scheduling rotation.

I doubt any team is Scared to play you! I would have to think its more of a Don't count as a DI sort deal and Western Illinois is poised to make a playoff run in the Gateway and doesn't need a DII win or loss keeping them from the playoffs. Once UND counts as a DI opponent I don't think you'll have a hard time finding teams, and once the GWFC gets both USD and UND into the full schedule.

The GW commish has USD just playing Poly and UND just playing Davis because of the "non-counter" year for the UxD schools.

He's doing what commissioners do: Trying to get the league into the post-season.

It's one year; it'll come and go and be done.

A poster over on the Idaho State message board has indicated that the UND-ISU game will be a Thursday game, September 11th. If true, that would make two Thursday games for the Sioux this season since we open on Thursday Aug. 28 against Texas A&M-Kingsville.

Also, McNeese St. has added Delta St. to their schedule which gives them 11 games so far. Although they say they're still looking for one more game, I have my doubts that a perennial playoff power like McNeese would add another non-counter like UND to their schedule when they already have a DII game and an FBS game.

The GW commish has USD just playing Poly and UND just playing Davis because of the "non-counter" year for the UxD schools.

He's doing what commissioners do: Trying to get the league into the post-season.

It's one year; it'll come and go and be done.

Exactly It will be here and gone before you know it. Good Luck