SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2008 schedule

Yote 53

They went 3-8 this year (2-5 in the Southland Conference), but they played within a touchdown of Tulane on the road.

It appears they disbanded football after the 1985 season and revived it in 2003.

They play in an outdoor stadium that seats 7,400. The enrollment is approximately 17,000. The school is located in Hammond, LA, population of 17,639.

Outside of Kansas and Texas State they were competitve in all this season's games.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's set in stone, but Idaho State's coach mentioned on the radio show tonight that North Dakota will play in Pocatello next year... Regardless, it's great to see more FCS teams in the west!

TheBengalDen.com (2008 Schedule Thread)

Idaho State has confirmed the game: ISU Bengals Website

The Bengals will play Boise State (currently ranked #15 in the FBS), Idaho, and Cal Poly on the road, and they will host North Dakota in the expected home opener. Idaho State will release the actual dates of the non-conference games at a later date.

The Bengals last played the University of North Dakota on September 24, 1966, losing 41-0.

:lol:

While we are at it, let's schedule some volleyball games with them. They also had a tough year only winning 6 matches.

Yes.

A couple of weeks ago a Cal Poly poster on Any Given Saturday reported that they had heard the Cal Poly/UND game was also on for this next year. If I remember correctly it is in that same 2008 schedules thread that was posted earlier.

One would assume that they will try to get the California schools to only have to travel to the Dakotas once each year and have the other Dakota school at home. USD will be at Cal Poly, and we will be at UC Davis this next year. So can we assume that the Cal Poly game will be at home and USD will be on the road?

SUU home

@ UC Davis

Cal Poly home (?)

@ USD (?)

That would put USD's schedule as

@SUU

@Cal Poly

UC Davis home

UND home

A couple of weeks ago a Cal Poly poster on Any Given Saturday reported that they had heard the Cal Poly/UND game was also on for this next year. If I remember correctly it is in that same 2008 schedules thread that was posted earlier.

One would assume that they will try to get the California schools to only have to travel to the Dakotas once each year and have the other Dakota school at home. USD will be at Cal Poly, and we will be at UC Davis this next year. So can we assume that the Cal Poly game will be at home and USD will be on the road?

SUU home

@ UC Davis

Cal Poly home (?)

@ USD (?)

That would put USD's schedule as

@SUU

@Cal Poly

UC Davis home

UND home

I hope so. The GWFC schedule has been a mess since Northern Colorado left. I say the quicker we get all the schools on 2-home game and 2-away game rotation the better. I'd have no problem going back to Vermillion next year.

Any future games?

With Grand Valley that is......sounds like it won't work for GVSU.

So far, UND is close to locking up nine games for next season. UND coach Dale Lennon said he would like to play a 12-game schedule, six at home.

That would seem to jive with the number of opponents we've identified so far in this thread, both confirmed and not.

Any future games?

With Grand Valley that is......sounds like it won't work for GVSU.

That would seem to jive with the number of opponents we've identified so far in this thread, both confirmed and not.

GV might have to sweet talk the GLIAC into moving a league game around perhaps, but it's not totally out of the realm of possiablities. If I remember correctly, during the first part of UND's transition, you'll still count as a D2 team for GV, playoff-wise.

So this is what we think we know:

McNeese State

UC-Davis

Idaho State

Southern Utah

South Dakota

St. Cloud State

Southeastern Louisiana

Cal Poly

FCS from TX

I think the GWFC schedule is still up in the air. UND92,96 said Cal Poly is apparently on the schedule, and they say the same thing on their board but don't know location. I think there's a good chance we could end up travelling back to Vermillion next year, to get the conference schedule to balance out. But it seems to be shaping up like we'll play a full round-robin schedule in the GWFC, so that is good.

Also wonder if the TX school on the schedule could be Texas Southern. They're 3-19 over the last two seasons, perhaps either willing to travel for guarantee money, or willing to host against 1st year transitional school?

I keep racking my brain as to who other possiblities may be, especially for home games. I remember this post from this summer. Could Maine be a possiblity for a home game? We have a relationship with them (Hockey), Lennon apparently almost had them on last year's schedule, and remember in 2001 they were scheduled to come play at DII NDSU in Fargo but the game was cancelled due to 9/11.

I also wonder if Drake would be a possibility. Non-scholarship, but usually one of the better non-schollies, geographically friendly, and they already have 6 home games scheduled (2 NSIC teams) so they could be interested in a regional FCS opponent, transitional or not.

Other possibilities that come to mind are Presbyterian who is making the transition, but their conference schedule is very front heavy and they have alot of open dates toward the end of the season, when we presumably will also when other conferences are playing their league schedules.

Central Washington and Western Washington will certainly still be looking for games, although I really hope we can limit the home schedule to just 2 DII's at the most. I wouldn't mind at all continuing to play CWU for the next few years.

So this is what we think we know:

McNeese State

UC-Davis

Idaho State

Southern Utah

South Dakota

St. Cloud State

Southeastern Louisiana

Cal Poly

FCS from TX

I think the GWFC schedule is still up in the air. UND92,96 said Cal Poly is apparently on the schedule, and they say the same thing on their board but don't know location. I think there's a good chance we could end up travelling back to Vermillion next year, to get the conference schedule to balance out. But it seems to be shaping up like we'll play a full round-robin schedule in the GWFC, so that is good.

I keep racking my brain as to who other possiblities may be, especially for home games. I remember this post from this summer. Could Maine be a possiblity for a home game? We have a relationship with them (Hockey), Lennon apparently almost had them on last year's schedule, and remember in 2001 they were scheduled to come play at DII NDSU in Fargo but the game was cancelled due to 9/11.

I also wonder if Drake would be a possibility. Non-scholarship, but usually one of the better non-schollies, geographically friendly, and they already have 6 home games scheduled (2 NSIC teams) so they could be interested in a regional FCS opponent, transitional or not.

Other possibilities that come to mind are Presbyterian who is making the transition, but their conference schedule is very front heavy and they have alot of open dates toward the end of the season, when we presumably will also when other conferences are playing their league schedules.

Central Washington and Western Washington will certainly still be looking for games, although I really hope we can limit the home schedule to just 2 DII's at the most. I wouldn't mind at all continuing to play CWU for the next few years.

I'm almost certain that two of the home games will be against dII opponents (presumably one is St. Cloud), as Lennon has mentioned as much a few different times on coaches' shows. IMO, the best bets would be UMD (Bubba factor, plus they've played Northern Iowa in recent years) or possibly Central Washington (they've played Montana State and Eastern Washington in recent years and we seem to have a good relationship with them due to travelling there in the past for non-conference).

Lennon was on KNOX this morning. He didn't shed much light on the subject of scheduling. He said they have 10 games scheduled right now, but two of them are "pending". Mentioned road trips to the states of CA, LA, and TX. He did say that they have a contract with every GWFC team for next season, but are ironing out details. Also said they are currently having talks with both Idaho and Wyoming for FBS games starting in 2010 and beyond.

Lennon was on KNOX this morning. He didn't shed much light on the subject of scheduling. He said they have 10 games scheduled right now, but two of them are "pending". Mentioned road trips to the states of CA, LA, and TX. He did say that they have a contract with every GWFC team for next season, but are ironing out details. Also said they are currently having talks with both Idaho and Wyoming for FBS games starting in 2010 and beyond.

Don't know whether to post this here or on the Facilities Master Plan thread, but Dale also said on KNOX this morning that information will be released soon on developments that have the "WOW" factor and should make the community very proud.

I bet Poly thought they wouldn't have to travel to the Dakotas for a year.

Too bad.