SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2008 schedule

Yote 53

The Yotes release their 2008 Schedule and a list of opponents for 2009.

2009 Yote Opponents

Home

McNeese State

Southeastern Louisiana

Southern Utah

UC-Davis

West Texas A&M

William Penn

Road

Cal Poly

North Dakota

Northern Colorado

Northern Iowa

Their home schedule certainly looks better in 2009.

GO UND

When looking at the 2008 schedule, to me, it's more important to look at the road games and see which opponents you were able to secure a home-and-home with. USD did a very good job securing home-and-homes with McNeese and SE Louisiana. Last I heard, SE Louisiana will not be making a return trip to UND.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it would be, and we all have the name wrong. It is the Daunting Dakota Danger Dome.

The only thing daunting or dangerous about the Dakota Dome was Dessler running wide open across the middle of the field for TDs last year. I believe that would be 3 TDs.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe they were in the upper-50's as of last season.

The penalty reads "Limited to awarding 62.0 total athletic scholarships." So if SUU is at upper-50's does the penalty even apply or does it result in upper-50's minus 1?

The penalty reads "Limited to awarding 62.0 total athletic scholarships." So if SUU is at upper-50's does the penalty even apply or does it result in upper-50's minus 1?

Does not apply unless they had wanted to go to 63 this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It appears that at this point there are still 3 FCS schools that have yet to release an "official" schedule: Alabama State, Davidson and Jackson State.

Of course they could possibly still be in talks with a team that has released their schedule to try to be their 11th or 12th game.

The most likely scenario is that a NAIA team is added at the last second. But if I was the AD I wouldn't even do that. Even though it would add a home game it would just make the schedule look even worse by adding a NAIA game along with the DII and DIII games.

At this point I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for another game to be added. But I hope I'm wrong and they line up an amazing home game.

This probably has been reported before, but UND apparently has a contract for two away games in Moscow (Idaho) in 2010 and 2011.

Missoulian on the U of Idaho's facility upgrades

Now add a kick-butt football program, and watch things take off.

(Idaho AD) Spear is working the phones and the boosters, continuing to raise money. He's trying to balance the nonleague schedule between money games (at Nebraska in 2010 for $850,000) and winnable ones (University of North Dakota at home in 2010 and 2011).

He wants, more than anything, a winner, and Idaho hasn't had a winning football season since 1999. He wants a better game-day experience for the fans, and wants it on campus; Spear rues the days when NCAA rules mandated the Vandals play home games at Washington State because Martin Stadium could hold 30,000 fans.

This probably has been reported before, but UND apparently has a contract for two away games in Moscow (Idaho) in 2010 and 2011.

Missoulian on the U of Idaho's facility upgrades

Winnable? Yes...but the Vandals didn't exactly light up Idaho State (27-24) in 2006 and Cal-Poly (20-13) in 2007. A lot could change in the next few years but I like our chances.

So how much of the $850,000 do we get?

;)

TV Schedule Set for ISU Football, Five Games Broadcast - ISU

Big Sky TV...satellite/cable/webcast? Anyone know more about Big Sky TV?

Big Sky TV is a webcast service that broadcasts virtually all Big Sky sports online. I watched it the first two weekends it launched (it was free at that time). Reading message boards of Big Sky schools, they are generally unhappy with the service. Sounds alot like Dataflix. Hopefully it has been improved for the upcoming season.

Big Sky TV

Big Sky TV is a webcast service that broadcasts virtually all Big Sky sports online. I watched it the first two weekends it launched (it was free at that time). Reading message boards of Big Sky schools, they are generally unhappy with the service. Sounds alot like Dataflix. Hopefully it has been improved for the upcoming season.

Big Sky TV

Thanks for the information.

• 1 month later...

Because of the threat of Hurricane Gustav to it's Thibodaux campus (and all the impending evacuations of coastal Louisiana), Nicholl State has canceled it's game against New Mexico St in Las Cruces, NM for this coming Thursday, Sept 4th.

Nicholl State's and N Mexico State's schedule do not have dual openings for the rest of the year. At this late date, New Mexico State may have to do some shopping for another home game in Las Cruces for their only remaining open date, October 4th.

Who just happens to have an opening for Oct 4th? A school with an AD that was formerly AD at NMSU. Not many counter IAA's available that would play on that date. UND needs another game and a guarantee to pay expenses +.

Because of the threat of Hurricane Gustav to it's Thibodaux campus (and all the impending evacuations of coastal Louisiana), Nicholl State has canceled it's game against New Mexico St in Las Cruces, NM for this coming Thursday, Sept 4th.

Nicholl State's and N Mexico State's schedule do not have dual openings for the rest of the year. At this late date, New Mexico State may have to do some shopping for another home game in Las Cruces for their only remaining open date, October 4th.

Who just happens to have an opening for Oct 4th? A school with an AD that was formerly AD at NMSU. Not many counter IAA's available that would play on that date. UND needs another game and a guarantee to pay expenses +.

Bring on the Aggies!

Would be nice to see this date filled.

Nice find Star.

I also heard today on WWL that the LSU/Appalachian State game has been moved from 4:00 PM to 10:00 AM to allow for evacuation and contraflow later in the day. Be safe all of you Gulf Coast residents.